Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: retrofitting trip computer

Post Thanks / Like

retrofitting trip computer

hi i have just sucsesfully retrofitted a new instument cluster to my x type i now have all the functions from the sat nav displayed as well as trip functions like mpg and how many miles left in the tank plus all the other features like door open boot open low washer fluid ect ect works great
    whats needed well not alot beleave it or not
    1 new instument cluster
    2 new light switch
    3 get it programmed by a jag mecanic i got mine re configued today for £50 from an independent jag garage that included a full dianostic check and cleared all fault codes that were created and stored during the satnav retrifit i just done and there were 65 of them in total he reconfigered the car to know that it got sat nav and remote climate control although these were working anyway the car stored them as a fault.even though they were working
    that is it no wiring or any thing when u take the light switch out u will see that the two yellow wires are infact connected to a blank connector on the old light switch

hope this helps some one i know this has come up time and time again
    2002 x type sport retrofitted satnav and now trip computer so far- next steering wheel controls,voice,phone,bluetooth,mic,reversing sensors

Post Thanks / Like

Re: retrofitting trip computer

so all i need is an instrument cluster panel with trip computer on...a light switch matching the panel....an indie to recode it...and it work?....hmmm

Post Thanks / Like

does anyone know a good independant jag garage in derbyshire??...ty

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by pirreli
    so all i need is an instrument cluster panel with trip computer on...a light switch matching the panel....an indie to recode it...and it work?....hmmm
    yes mate that is all u need all the wiring is there mine works perfect now and well happy with it

and when they recode it they code it to the spec of your car ie engine size wheel size ect so no matter if it comes out of a 2.0 or 3.0 liter car makes no difference as it will be coded to your engine size and correct wheel size so spedo and fuel consumption will be correct for your car
    2002 x type sport retrofitted satnav and now trip computer so far- next steering wheel controls,voice,phone,bluetooth,mic,reversing sensors

Post Thanks / Like

cheers m8,
    handy bit of kit for my cat ...ty

Post Thanks / Like

Can I ask how much was the instrument cluster and what are the 2 light switches that need to be fitted, not sure where do they fit?
    Proud owner of X-Type, 2.5L V6, Sport, Auto, AWD, British Racing Green, Cream Leather, Heated Washer Jets, Power-fold mirrors, SatNav 9.0.3/2010.

Post Thanks / Like

May I ask if you did anything with the mileage ? did you program it to the original mileage on the car or cant it not be done ? reason I ask is my friend Speedo became noisy and had it changed at 8k under warranty but the dealers could not add the mileage to the new Speedo ?

Post Thanks / Like

no mate he could not change the milage mine was at 100k new clocks was at 95k so wasnt a big deal

i know if u find a milage correction bloke (who clocks cars) he could set the milage for u to what u want.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mrmef
    Can I ask how much was the instrument cluster and what are the 2 light switches that need to be fitted, not sure where do they fit?
    i paid £75 for the instument cluster and new light switch

and £50 for the thing to be programed so cost me £125 in total

not two light switches only 1

where u turn u lights on and off u change the whole thing with one that has reset/ab and kmh to mph on it

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks, just one last question where do you fit the instrument cluster?
    Proud owner of X-Type, 2.5L V6, Sport, Auto, AWD, British Racing Green, Cream Leather, Heated Washer Jets, Power-fold mirrors, SatNav 9.0.3/2010.

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast