Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: POLLEN (CABIN) FILTER REPLACED WITH PHOTOS

Post Thanks / Like

POLLEN (CABIN) FILTER REPLACED WITH PHOTOS

Hi All

just thought id share this with you, i bought a pollen filter for my x type 2.0D £9.50 off ebay to replace the old and dirty one that was in there (for god knows how long)
    before i start with the pictures, can some one tell me if theres supposed to be some kind of clip or cover that holds the filter in place ? as mine didnt i just pulled it out and just poped the new one back in

any hoo

i started by taking off just the wiper part and NOT the whole wiper arm once that was off i could lift the arm up under the bonnet to give me more room to lift the scuttle up i then took of the 4 or 5 little black circular plugs so that i could lift the plastic scuttle up

once the scuttle is lifted up (passenger side) you will see the old filter (along with a little forest of leaves ) i just pulled the filter out while holding the scuttle plate up

and then hovered the (little forest) muck from where the filter came out with this handy little thing

and was left with this ......

i then lifted up the scuttle plate and put the new filter in (make sure its the right way for the air flow)

then just patted it in place nice and snug

then replaced the scuttle plate (job done)

heres the old filter (yyuuuuuurrkk)

http://i201.photobucket.com/albums/a...P1000905-1.jpghttp://i201.photobucket.com/albums/a...IMG_2078-1.jpg
    Jaguar x-type 2.0d silver 2004 (53 plate)
    WE ARE ALL PRISONERS OF TECHNOLOGY !!!

westville

Re: POLLEN (CABIN) FILTER REPLACED WITH PHOTOS

from where the filter came out with this handy little thing.................
    No wonder it needed changing if someone left a hoover in there last time!
    Will you be posting a link for this in the How To Guides sticky?
    Jim

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by westville
    No wonder it needed changing if someone left a hoover in there last time!
    Will you be posting a link for this in the How To Guides sticky?
    Jim
    is it worthy to be included ?

ps ...... i would have been happy to find a hoover in there, at least i would have known it had been cleaned once in its life
    http://i201.photobucket.com/albums/a...P1000905-1.jpghttp://i201.photobucket.com/albums/a...IMG_2078-1.jpg
    Jaguar x-type 2.0d silver 2004 (53 plate)
    WE ARE ALL PRISONERS OF TECHNOLOGY !!!

westville

is it worthy to be included ?
    Of course it is - I want the "How To" thread to be a quick reference guide that is quick and easy to access by anyone wanting to know how to look after their cat. Hence the bold titles and minimum possible words with a link to the information (preferably with pics as yours is).
    This is exactly the kind of DIY job that just about anyone can do and it will make the car a better place to be
    Jim

Post Thanks / Like

Just had a look at the cabin filter. That has never been changed in its life The main stealer has been stealing again. Some company in North London. How do they get away with it so often. There are so many leaves I cant see the woods. In fact I am sure I saw Lord Lucan just now
    But, and a ****** bit BUT, how do I remove it and hoover the cabin out. Removed the clips but cant get my hand inside without forcing the facia up too much. Worried about damaging it.
    2.0d 2005.

Post Thanks / Like

if you pull the middle metal trim part off, the plastic panel should lift up (just) enough to get at the filter.

Mine "popped" right in the corner (right as you look at it), so I presume there's a stub and hole that holds it down as it "popped" back when I pressed it shut after.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Goudy. I will purchase the filter first tomorrow and then I know its a quick job. You have been very helpful Sir.
    Right the ironing and women World Cup are beckoning, my 2nd and third loves.
    2.0d 2005.

Post Thanks / Like

Pollen filter replaced. I noticed the plastic cover that sits on the window had a gap, so removed the wipers, and took the whole thing off, cleaned away the muck that had found its way underneath, and then replaced using double-sided tape to secure. All done. I have also noticed now I seem to get much more fresh air coming into the car so the old filter must have been well blocked
    A nice quick job. Well done Goudy for your advice
    2.0d 2005.

Post Thanks / Like

Just replaced my pollen filter today; don't think it had ever been done. It was black, and I mean black!

Instead of removing the wiper blades, just move them out of the way. Turn on ignition, operate wipers and when they are vertical on the windscreen, turn off the ignition. They are now out of the way.

When reassembling, I found that the plastic cover has a lip that slips into a long groove just below the windscreen. Line it up and press in. Double sided tape not necessary.

Took 10 minutes, if that, and I bought the filter from fleebay for £6.95. A cheap quick job; why do stealers charge so much?

:P

Post Thanks / Like
    Because it sounds like a complicated job. So they charge accordingly.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast