Thread: Trying to install Bluetooth

Post Thanks / Like

Trying to install Bluetooth

Need some help guys.

Im trying to install my Bluetooth in my S-Type, I've managed to install the rear PSE module and move the correct wires over but I'm having trouble moving the wires in the BTUM module plug. I can't dislodge the the little black tab in the carside connector, I'm using the smallest jewellers screwdriver available and I still can't get in there to move the tab.

What side do I go in from, is it the rear or the front where the pins are? I've tried both sides and can't move the blasted locking tabs.

Need advice/help urgently please it's about to rain again.

Dave
    Last edited by Fitzy; 02-09-12 at 17:41.
    Dave

2003.50MY Facelift Midnight Black XJ8 3.5 V8, Electrochromic Rear View Mirror & Electrochromic Folding Wing Mirrors, Heated Dove Grey Leather Memory Seats with 16 Way Adjustment, ARTS Active Headrests, Factory Sat Nav, Factory Bi-Xenons, CATS Air Suspension. Bluetooth & Voice control now retrofitted and working. Currently about to start the rear entertainment retrofit.

Post Thanks / Like
    I've managed to move the wires now, amazing what a little break and a cup of tea can do.

Iphone all connects now and I can make calls but the person on the other end can't hear me, I can hear them clear as day, my voice control still works so I don't think it's the mike. Is there a setting somewhere I don't know about or something? I have an external mic but I did have to fit my own connectors on ends of wires as the previous owner had cut the little black connector off.

Any ideas guys please?

Just tried my wife's old Samsung and when I called her via the cars Bluetooth she could hear me clear as a bell, so it must be an iPhone issue with the jags Bluetooth connection.

Anyone else experienced similar problems using an iPhone with the jags Bluetooth?

Dave
    Last edited by Fitzy; 02-09-12 at 16:18.
    Dave

2003.50MY Facelift Midnight Black XJ8 3.5 V8, Electrochromic Rear View Mirror & Electrochromic Folding Wing Mirrors, Heated Dove Grey Leather Memory Seats with 16 Way Adjustment, ARTS Active Headrests, Factory Sat Nav, Factory Bi-Xenons, CATS Air Suspension. Bluetooth & Voice control now retrofitted and working. Currently about to start the rear entertainment retrofit.

Post Thanks / Like
    I've just unpaired both the phones I tested the Bluetooth with and rebooted my iPhone and then just went out to try connecting it again and it's all working as it should now, we can both hear each other clearly.

Haven't got a clue what was wrong the first time around but it seems allow now, do I'll just keep an eye on it andsee what happens.

Dave
    Dave

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Dave,

Im doing the same in the next few weeks, I have both bluetooth modules but can i reuse the plugs from the old ones?
    Also i understand that i can refit the front module in the boot to same running the new wires from boot to front?
    Also do you need any codes?

Thanks Simon.
    Previous owned jags-
    1999 S- type 3.0 auto, late 2002 S type lpg 3.0 auto and 2005 3.0 auto lpg.
    I own a Nissan Skyline 350gt, also own a Alfa Romeo Mito 1.4 TB TCT and Yamaha YZF600 Thundercat.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 57jam89 View Post
    Hi Dave,

Im doing the same in the next few weeks, I have both bluetooth modules but can i reuse the plugs from the old ones?
    Also i understand that i can refit the front module in the boot to same running the new wires from boot to front?

Thanks Simon.
    Simon,

Mine was already pre-wired for the GSM phone with 8 wires at the front BTUM plug, so all I had to do was move some wires on the rear PSE module connector and front BTUM connector and then it was just plug and play. No codes needed.

Only difficulty I had was that I had to adapt my D2B fibre optic cable to fit in the phone PSE module and I had to mutilate a few cables to make the D2B connectors longer. Only took me an hour in total to fit it all in.

Dave
    Dave

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 57jam89 View Post
    Hi Dave,

Thanks Simon.
    If you ever find the time I'd be very interested in a writeup of how you did this, I've got an 02 STR with the GSM phone in it and was wanting to add BT to it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Vehlin View Post
    If you ever find the time I'd be very interested in a writeup of how you did this, I've got an 02 STR with the GSM phone in it and was wanting to add BT to it.

Hi, yes i take down some details then i do it.
    Previous owned jags-
    I own a Nissan Skyline 350gt, also own a Alfa Romeo Mito 1.4 TB TCT and Yamaha YZF600 Thundercat.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Fitzy View Post
    Simon,

Mine was already pre-wired for the GSM phone with 8 wires at the front BTUM plug, so all I had to do was move some wires on the rear PSE module connector and front BTUM connector and then it was just plug and play. No codes needed.

Only difficulty I had was that I had to adapt my D2B fibre optic cable to fit in the phone PSE module and I had to mutilate a few cables to make the D2B connectors longer. Only took me an hour in total to fit it all in.

Dave

Cheers, i have touch screen sat nav, climate control with voice and also the phone in the arm rest, so it this the same as you had/got?

So i understand that i only have the 5 wires front to back and would need to add 3 more?

And whats with the D2B fibre optic cable? this is a new one to me?

Thanks Simon.
    Previous owned jags-