Page 1104 of 1105 FirstFirst ... 104604100410541094110011011102110311041105 LastLast
Results 11,031 to 11,040 of 11050

Thread: So What Did You Do to your Jaguar today ?

Post Thanks / Like
    I started mine.

I know that doesn't sound like much but it was a big deal. It's been off the road for over a year now after me having a wee bump in it and hasn't been started for about 3 months. And whilst a bit sluggish to turn over the bally thing still started.

I just don't have the heart to get rid.
    2017 XE Portfolio 180PS AWD in Santorini Black with climate pack (I don't scrape!) panoramic roof, privacy glass and 19" style 1015 wheels (that I'd happily swap for a nice set of 18" 5 spokes. Anyone?)

2. Likes stephen way, Jag-Black liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by RWD3M View Post
    I started mine.

I know that doesn't sound like much but it was a big deal. It's been off the road for over a year now after me having a wee bump in it and hasn't been started for about 3 months. And whilst a bit sluggish to turn over the bally thing still started.

I just don't have the heart to get rid.
    Get him fixed up and back on the road
    Current. 2010 XFS Portfolio. Lunar Grey (LJZ) / Black (LEG).
    Previous. 2012 XF Premium Luxury. Remapped 307 BHP / 449 lb/ft. Italian Racing Red (CAH) / Barley
    Previous. 2005 55 reg 06MY 2.0D Sovereign. Jaguar Racing Green - HGZ.
    In storage.1988 Daimler XJ40. Bordeaux Red / Doeskin.

4. Likes RWD3M liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Used mine as a taxi to take Mum to the airport.

Off to NZ again for the winter/summer.

Since recently I found a garage that can charge for wheel balancing - and balance the wheels, I rather wafted there and back.

And I got 300 miles to half tank mark on the gauge (it's at least something a diesel driver has to boast about)
    Last edited by Jag-Black; 01-12-19 at 16:13.
    2006 Black Jaguar X400 | 6 Speed Manual Transaxle - MMT6 | Series 60 | 2.2L Duratorq 16V TC (150PS) - Puma | 4 Door Saloon
    I like to drive using only my finger tips to change gear shouting - tally ho.

Post Thanks / Like
    Fall-Winter-Spring Service Time - Just ordered some new shoes (General Tire G-MAX RS (225/45ZR17)) to replace the seven year-old Hankook Ventus V12 K110. One developed a very slow leak (driver-side front (its basically a 3-4 inch crack that's along the circumference of the tire)). Got new shoes at the great price. Here's the full list of Service/Labor items to be performed this coming Thursday.

1) Install/Balance Tires (G-MAX RS 225/45ZR17)
    2) 4-Wheel Alignment
    3) Valvoline 5w30 Synthetic Oil/Filter Service - Last Service 06/22/18
    4) Install Windshield Washer Jet Sprayer Hose Tube (Part Provided)
    5) Reconnect In-Car Air Temperature Sensor (C2S13944 (left Windshield Demister Grill Vent)) and secure (glue) both Windshield Demister Grill Vents (if possible)

INSPECT: Fluid Levels

1) Power Steering Fluid Level - Top-Off - Last Service 06/22/18
    2) Brake Fluid Level - Top Off - Last Service - 05/27/2016)
    3) Anti-Freeze/Coolant Level - Top-Off - Last Service 10/15/18

TROUBLESHOOT:
    1) Rattling Noise coming from the Right/Rear Passenger Side (possibly a Rail Brake Line Clip(s) has broken off)
    Last edited by XMan2002; 02-12-19 at 18:01.
    2002 X-Type 2.5 V6
    Mina Inserts HID+LED+DRL Chrome Mirror Caps/Petrol Flap/Sleeves Clear Markers/Repeaters REMIN/RVINYL Carbon-Fiber Trim Facelift Plinth NGK Red Tail Tips H&R SS Sport Edition F10 17x8 General G-MAX RS 225x45ZR17 Silver Calipers w/Decal Drilled/Slotted Rotors EBC/Red Stuff K&N 2-Tone GL Steering Wheel Cover Sheepskin Inserts Alum Pedals/Dead HR Leaper SP Lights Infotainment: iSimple TranzIt BLU HF Sony XDP-MU110 DSP 8-Speaker+JBL BassPro SL WiFi Dash-Cam CR93 Laser Detector

7. Likes Jag-Black liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Oh xman, Autumn, please!

Sounds like you'll be having a busy day, hope it goes well!
    2017 XE Portfolio 180PS AWD in Santorini Black with climate pack (I don't scrape!) panoramic roof, privacy glass and 19" style 1015 wheels (that I'd happily swap for a nice set of 18" 5 spokes. Anyone?)

9. Likes XMan2002 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Zed Kable View Post
    The crack is now 8” long.
    And very distracting.
    Pay day approaches.

Also:
    4 wheel drifting is not cool when achieved involuntarily.
    I have just been informed that despite paying my £75 glass excess that now I have to wait until the 12th to get the screen replaced.
    2:1 odds on that the crack will be all the way across the screen and halfway down the offside wing by that date.
    My other option was to drive to Brighton! No thanks - you can fit it in my grotty lock up - without tea!
    I was asked if I had automatic rain detection and dimming rear view mirror to which I replied yes please - this comment was not received well when it dawned on the call handler that it was a ‘joke’.
    Some people eh? Does this mean that I will get a new mirror without flaky mirroring - ooh, the excitement! Mmm - I wonder if they’ll do anything about the wrinkly ‘A’ pillar cloth? I suspect not.
    This Jag is a 56 plate X-type 2.0d Sport manual with parking sensors, 18” Aruba wheels, midnight pearl metallic paint, warm charcoal leather seats, grey interior, piano black dash and a Bury CC9060 ​Music Bluetooth unit.
    My other Jag is a ZX-7R

Post Thanks / Like
    I have just been informed that despite paying my £75 glass excess that now I have to wait until the 12th to get the screen replaced.
    2:1 odds on that the crack will be all the way across the screen and halfway down the offside wing by that date.
    My other option was to drive to Brighton! No thanks - you can fit it in my grotty lock up - without tea!
    I was asked if I had automatic rain detection and dimming rear view mirror to which I replied yes please - this comment was not received well when it dawned on the call handler that it was a ‘joke’.
    Some people eh? Does this mean that I will get a new mirror without flaky mirroring - ooh, the excitement! Mmm - I wonder if they’ll do anything about the wrinkly ‘A’ pillar cloth? I suspect not.
    If you don't give the window man tea, he'll tell you the crack is only one side a run a finger of clear sealant along it.

12. Likes Zed Kable liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    The aforementioned:

its putting on about 2” a day....7 days to go so I am taking bets on:
    2:1 joining up with another chip and diving towards the bonnet
    1:7 creeping across into the drivers wiper arc
    1:100 creating a glass rendition of a map of the London Underground.

The salt comes courtesy of highways England.
    Funny - I thought the government health police were cutting our salt intake.
    This Jag is a 56 plate X-type 2.0d Sport manual with parking sensors, 18” Aruba wheels, midnight pearl metallic paint, warm charcoal leather seats, grey interior, piano black dash and a Bury CC9060 ​Music Bluetooth unit.
    My other Jag is a ZX-7R

14. Likes Jag-Black liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Well I've just got lucky, just dodged a brick that some Chavs were throwing off the bridge over Sankey way in Warrington.

i clocked them from about half a mile away, so i knew they were up to, missed my car by a foot if that.

Parent should have to take a fucking IQ test before they have kids.
    I just saw an Audi driver using his indicators correctly on the motorway. Twice. Should I report the vehicle as stolen?
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    '56 plate X-Type 2.2D Sovereign Winter Gold -- 144k Miles --
    '06 plate X-Type 2.0D Sport Ultraviolet -134k Miles --

16. Likes Jag-Black liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by RageMonkey1989 View Post
    Well I've just got lucky, just dodged a brick that some Chavs were throwing off the bridge over Sankey way in Warrington.

i clocked them from about half a mile away, so i knew they were up to, missed my car by a foot if that.

Parent should have to take a fucking IQ test before they have kids.
    You should have come of the next junction and threw one at them. What imbeciles!

Page 1104 of 1105 FirstFirst ... 104604100410541094110011011102110311041105 LastLast