Thread: Aerial supply from radio Clarion DAC 4066

Post Thanks / Like

Aerial supply from radio Clarion DAC 4066

Hi,

Have just fitted a interior out of a 1988 V12 Sov into my 1980 XJ6, very pleased with the new look

Had the original Blaupunkt radio but have fitted the Clarion out of the Sov as it looks better but not getting feed to aerial switch.

Old radio had a thin White/pink wire for antena, Clarion also has same but not getting 12v at it.
    It also has a purple wire & a Red/white wire but these have no voltage when radio turned on.

Anyone got a diagram as to what needs connecting??

Can put a strap from 12v supply to radio to antena but would prefer to keep radio controlling the aerial.

Peter.

Post Thanks / Like
    Traditionally Blue is aerial control - by '88 I'd expect it to be standardised to that. It's not been cut off or wired to something else?

Failing that, it could be a proprietary system and it's grounding one of those three when powered up instead of supplying a current.
    Scott

Where are we going and why am I in this handbasket?

Post Thanks / Like
    The original Blaupunkt had a blue wire with a bullet connection to a thick White/pink for 12v supply (not sure original jag wire or someone extended supply)

Antena was thin White/pink only other wires were speakers, aerial worked fine with this radio.

Sov Clarion has same, thick White/pink that I connected to thick White/pink (radio works fine) & thin White/pink also thin purple & thin Red/white as well as speaker wires.

Wiring dia I have (jag one but have no dia for this radio) shows White/pink going to radio then switched for aerial relay coil so can only assume internal radio control relay must be shot?

No idea what other 2 wires are for, was thinking does it need a supply onto one of them to switch to white/pink (will have to continuity test between them to see)

Thanks,
    Peter.

4. Thanks cooperd thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Aerial supply from radio Clarion DAC 4066

Ok, so it's over 3 years since this posting but I have been searching the archives for info on the DAC4066 wiring for my 1988 XJS this afternoon, to no avail. But I've managed to work it out so for posterity, and others who may follow this thread I can confirm that the ignition-controlled 12v supply to the radio is the thick white/pink wire. The thinner white/pink one is for controlling the aerial - it's an output.

The thin red/white wire is an input and is live when the lights are on, so it's for the radio backlight. The purple one is also an input and is permanent 12v, so that's for memory retention.

Hope that helps
    Ray
    XK60 4.2 V8 daily driver
    E-type 3.8 FHC green - used year round
    E-type 3.8 FHC red - mid restoration, to be sold when finished

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by chuffer View Post
    Ok, so it's over 3 years since this posting but I have been searching the archives for info on the DAC4066 wiring for my 1988 XJS this afternoon, to no avail. But I've managed to work it out so for posterity, and others who may follow this thread I can confirm that the ignition-controlled 12v supply to the radio is the thick white/pink wire. The thinner white/pink one is for controlling the aerial - it's an output.

The thin red/white wire is an input and is live when the lights are on, so it's for the radio backlight. The purple one is also an input and is permanent 12v, so that's for memory retention.

Hope that helps
    Ray
    Yes Thank you very much