Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: xf door lock replacement

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for replying Phil.
    Doesn't fill me with great confidence. I worked for Volvo in a previous life and boy did they have electrical problems at the time...
    I was overseas, fire fighting the issues whilst everyone in Sweden were on "Summer Vacation". Nobody was particularly interested..
    Peter

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Petelang View Post
    Thanks for replying Phil.
    Doesn't fill me with great confidence. I worked for Volvo in a previous life and boy did they have electrical problems at the time...
    I was overseas, fire fighting the issues whilst everyone in Sweden were on "Summer Vacation". Nobody was particularly interested..
    Peter
    I had two locks replaced years ago and up to now! they have been faultless, so maybe they are updated, but I'm only guessing. Phil
    2008 XF Luxury 2.7D, Azure Blue/Dove Grey, Jaguar Voice, Mirror Pack, Winter Pack, DAB Radio, Keyless Entry, Owned from new.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by philayl1 View Post
    I had two locks replaced years ago and up to now! they have been faultless, so maybe they are updated, but I'm only guessing. Phil
    I have had to replace two on my 2013 Sportbrake so it look likely that they haven't been updated. I chose to fit the pattern parts at a fraction of Jaguar price ,£30 something as opposed to £100 something .The pattern parts feel somewhat firmer when unlocking but work perfectly.
    The secret of flight is to aim at the ground and miss !

2013 Sportbrake 2.2 Sport. Italian Racing Red

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil F View Post
    I have had to replace two on my 2013 Sportbrake so it look likely that they haven't been updated. I chose to fit the pattern parts at a fraction of Jaguar price ,£30 something as opposed to £100 something .The pattern parts feel somewhat firmer when unlocking but work perfectly.
    Well done Phil, I found that some suppliers don't know the difference between the keyless entry locks and the ordinary ones, that's why I went to the dealer. Phil
    2008 XF Luxury 2.7D, Azure Blue/Dove Grey, Jaguar Voice, Mirror Pack, Winter Pack, DAB Radio, Keyless Entry, Owned from new.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123