Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: x308 CD Changer problem

Post Thanks / Like

x308 CD Changer problem

My CD changer stopped working earilier in the week when I asked it to change to another disc.

It now thinks all the disc's have a problem.

Is there a common problem with these like the x300's had ?

Thanks
    XJR 2001 Pacific Blue
    Range Rover Sport 2005 Red 2.7 TD

Post Thanks / Like
    I had this problem with the 10 CD changer in my Jeep. I removed the CD cassette and liberally sprayed electrical contact cleaner on the unit and let it dry for an hour - it works fine now
    04 X350 4.2 V8 satnav heated seats etc, mesh grille, chrome mirror covers.

Previous-

00 XJ8 3.2, seafrost, celtic alloys, power seats.

02 X Type 3 litre manual AWD leather / electric / factory parking sensors, chrome mirror covers- grille, Leaper

99, XJ8 3.2 Sport, black white leather interior 18" split rim alloys, 100w Xenon high beam, LED parking lights, Chrome mirror covers.

S Type 4 Litre V8, chrome grille, leaper.

X300 3.2/ 18" alloys, gold leaper.

albertandharold.co.uk

Post Thanks / Like
    That's a bit severe....the same can be achieved by running a cleaning CD through the unit.
    Usually fixes it.
    It's most likely the laser lens has become dirty...not uncommon for something living in the boot ;o)
    Cheers,
    Jagman98

http://www.pbase.com/padme002/jj_jag_1

'98 XJ8 Sovereign 4.0 ltr. Sapphire Metallic, Oatmeal/Antelope Int.
    '03 Peugeot 307 XSEA 2.0 ltr 5 door hatch. China Blue
    '47 Humber Super Snipe Mk1 4.0 ltr. Black.

Post Thanks / Like
    This is usually a lubrication problem in the post that the mechanism goes up and down on to pluck out the CDs from the cassette. That probably why Steptoe's solution worked.

Some times removing the cassette and giving the CD changer unit a thump works. But I've had to remove the unit and clean it all up in the past.
    2000 Jaguar X308 4.0
    1973 Jensen Interceptor Mk III 7.2
    1969 Jensen Interceptor Mk I 6.3

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the tips.

It was the mechinism which pulls the cd tray out that was the problem on mine.
    XJR 2001 Pacific Blue
    Range Rover Sport 2005 Red 2.7 TD

Post Thanks / Like
    My 6 disc player has worked without problems in the two years i've had it. Last week I took out the cartridge to change the CDs, left it at home for a week, then put the cartridge back in today. Disc one played fine, then it couldn't find any of the other discs, giving me "no disc" on the stereo display screen. What is the current suggested fix for this? A cleaning CD (which slot would the CD go in, 1-6, or does it not matter?) Or give the main boot unit a spray with some compressed air to clean it?
    Thanks! (X308 Sport, year 2000)

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Lench View Post
    My 6 disc player has worked without problems in the two years i've had it. Last week I took out the cartridge to change the CDs, left it at home for a week, then put the cartridge back in today. Disc one played fine, then it couldn't find any of the other discs, giving me "no disc" on the stereo display screen. What is the current suggested fix for this? A cleaning CD (which slot would the CD go in, 1-6, or does it not matter?) Or give the main boot unit a spray with some compressed air to clean it?
    Thanks! (X308 Sport, year 2000)
    Read the posts above.
    2000 Jaguar X308 4.0
    1973 Jensen Interceptor Mk III 7.2
    1969 Jensen Interceptor Mk I 6.3

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm getting an E-01 display on the stereo when I try and use the CD player and the disc holder won't eject. Any clues?

Post Thanks / Like
    I think you may have to remove the cover of the CD player to get the stuck cd out. Usually caused by misaligned CD’s on their trays and jamming the mechanism.
    Jim.
    2012 XKR Black pack, Speed Pack, Aero pack, Rat pack. Past:-87'XJS 3.6L, 93'XJ40 3.2L gold, 95'XJ6 4.0L sport, 00'XJ8 3.2L sport, 2005 XK8 4.2L coupe, 2009 XK 5.0L Portfolio in that order and enjoyed all of 'em.

I do not offer advice, I only say what I would do with the set of circumstances presented. Your choice always.

10. Thanks Lench thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    E-01 error is a jammed CD. There is a bit of play when the cassette is loaded. Sometimes just poking the cassette a few times with your finger will clear the jam. You can feel it move just a little when you push on it. Poke it, then see if it will eject with the button. Usually works for me.

Ive caused a couple of jams by trying to change CDs to quickly. Wait until one has finished loading before selecting another.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast