Thread: X Type Parts

Vulcan24v

X Type Parts

Drove past X Type Parts yesterday as there was some confusion about whether it was still open. The big sign above the place has changed and now says Jag Parts. I didn't have time to stop but it seems from this, and a talk with the owner of Mitchell Autos scrapyard, that they have diversified into all Jags now rather than just X types.
    Next time I need a part for the Jaaag I'll drop in and have a word but for now I can confirm that the doors are open for business.

Post Thanks / Like
    Well, they did already have names XTypeParts and STypeParts on eBay so becoming just Jag Parts makes a lot of sense.

It would've made more sense tbh to post that in the original thread :P
    Last edited by Aonsaithya; 16-10-13 at 13:13. Reason: Fixed link
    2007 XK 4.2 - Liquid Silver & Charcoal
    Ex:
    2001 X-Type 2.5 SE - Platinum, Dove & Granite

Vulcan24v
    Couldn't remember where it was, I have a medical condition that means I have short term memory loss so I have difficulty finding stuff even if I actually remember that I posted it.

I wasn't sure if I did actually post something or if I only intended to, and a quick search found nothing so here it is.

Post Thanks / Like
    Oh, well then
    For future, you can find all your subscribed threads (I think auto-subscribing is enabled by default, meaning, you subscribe to a thread when you post in it) here:
    http://www.jaguarforum.co.uk/subscri...n&folderid=all
    Ex:

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Aonsaithya View Post

It would've made more sense tbh to post that in the original thread :P
    Now I'm confused. That link is to this thread...

Jim
    (EX) '06 2.0D SE Estate

Vulcan24v
    Quote Originally Posted by Aonsaithya View Post
    Oh, well then
    For future, you can find all your subscribed threads (I think auto-subscribing is enabled by default, meaning, you subscribe to a thread when you post in it) here:
    http://www.jaguarforum.co.uk/subscri...n&folderid=all
    I'll try to commit it to memory.....

Sometimes I'll come across areas like that which I know that I have seen before the instant I see them but in the normal course of events never surface in my brain.

NeuroPsych guy at the Hospital said that because of my TIA (Transitory Ischeamic Attack or mini stroke) the pathways to my laying down short term memory were severed. Normal people lay down short term memories all the time and when that area gets crowded they ascertain (unconciously) which memories they place in long term and which to discard. I don't lay down the short term ones unless they are catastrophic ie the lorry crash I observed a year ago I can recall totally.

So I can usually say that if I meet you in the street, unless you slap me in the face, 20 minutes later I will have forgotten seeing you unless reminded by someone... once I go over a memory two or three times it sticks so this is my routine for normal things in life, sadly it doesn't quite work with stuff on the PC.

Anway I'm still alive so I see that as a bonus...

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jimbo20 View Post
    Now I'm confused. That link is to this thread...

Jim
    Whoops, fixed now

Vulcan, that sounds rather tough. Have you come up with some ways to make things easier? Such as keeping notes, a diary of important things etc? I tend to maintain a to-do checklist on my phone, and have found it to be fairly helpful. Very liberal use of a phone camera is also handy, if you have a habit of checking the photo folder at least occasinally.

Don't commit the subscribed threads -page to memory; bookmark it. I have a few "daily" bookmark folders where I have all the bookmarks of the pages I visit every day, so that I can open them all with a single middle-click.
    Ex:

Vulcan24v
    The daily bookmark idea sounds like a very good one which I'll have to implement.
    The trouble with notes, as I found when I installed a whiteboard in my kitchen, is that you have to remember to look at them... The whiteboard was great but once it had been there a while it merged into the background so even if something is written on there for my attention I invariably just "forget" to give the board enough attention to read it.

I have an app on my phone that reminds me of things that I need to do and that is also replicated on my tablet...

I get along, sadly I am now unable to work as a very dodgy memory means that in a lot of cases you can put important things at risk, my last job as ICT tech for a large inner City College was untenable because I had the possibility of forgetting to enter kids for exams in the correct times so I could end up with a situation where kids had missed the deadline for entry.
    When you are working with peoples futures saying "I forgot" isn't really a good excuse even if it is totally correct.
    It comes and goes.. sometimes I have days where nothing is forgotten, other times I find I have done bugger all that needed to be done... gotta live with it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hopefully they've changed like said above so I can buy parts for my XJ too!
    Last edited by BuckMR2; 19-10-13 at 21:11. Reason: spelt buy wrongly
    BuckMR2

07 XJ LWB Sovereign TDVi, 141k,
    X358 Grille, Modified Torque Convertor,
    DECARB'ED, Mina Stainless Bpr Grill,
    Redstuff Ceramics, 20" Callistos,
    Rear Entertainment , 2012 Nav
    DPF removed, EGRs deleted,
    Methanol injection..being finished as you read this.
    kitchen sink...
    12 Reg Qashqai+2 Teckna 2.0 TD Auto best bar none (for sale in General Items for sale)

Post Thanks / Like
    I got a response from Jordan from XTypeParts. He says the website was hijacked recently, and they've been through some changes but are still very much there and are going to contact people who haven't received their stuff.

Buck, they also said they are moving onto more models. so suppose so.
    Ex: