Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Only half of heated front screen working, do you know why please?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Faz View Post
    Hi, not sure how this forum works, but have had a new screen installed so was hoping that the passenger side would begin to work.... but no such joy.

Responses I’ve read seem too complicated and technical..... is it a garage job??
    Not sure what car you have, but as this is in an X-Type Forum I'll go with that...

On the X-Type there are 2 fuses for the heated front windscreen, one for left-hand and one for right-hand part of windscreen. Both fuses are located in the engine bay fusebox, near the battery.

https://xtype.uk/x-files/18/Electric...2004+%20Petrol

The above is a fuse box schematic for a 2004+ Petrol X-Type. My site has diagrams covering all the fuse box variants across the X-Type.

There are also 2 connectors under the windscreen wiper scuttle with one connecting to the left-hand side of the windscreen and the other to the right.

There is only one relay, so if half the windscreen is working then that is working fine. Fuse or connector to check.
    X-Type Sport 2.5 V6 AWD Auto MY2002 81K miles Platinum Cranberry leather sports seats, Aguila 17in rims

www.xtype.uk - For Everything X-Type

Retrofits: Climate Control, touch screen, LED interior, facelift steering wheel, bluetooth, voice, message centre, facelift center console/sliding arm rest, ACM, facelift door cards, powerfold mirrors, powerfold on lock, clear side repeaters, puddle lights, rear electric windows, parking aid, JagDroid, front/reverse cameras, Nextbase 522GW+Rear Dashcam

2. Likes Jimbov8 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Faltwen View Post
    I guess you've checked the fuse?
    No, fuse hasnt been checked...... Im assuming only 1 fuse..... are you suggesting 2 fuses; passenger and driver??

Post Thanks / Like
    No, fuse hasn’t been checked...... I’m assuming only 1 fuse..... are you suggesting 2 fuses; passenger and driver??
    As I said above... there are 2 fuses, one per side.
    X-Type Sport 2.5 V6 AWD Auto MY2002 81K miles Platinum Cranberry leather sports seats, Aguila 17in rims

Retrofits: Climate Control, touch screen, LED interior, facelift steering wheel, bluetooth, voice, message centre, facelift center console/sliding arm rest, ACM, facelift door cards, powerfold mirrors, powerfold on lock, clear side repeaters, puddle lights, rear electric windows, parking aid, JagDroid, front/reverse cameras, Nextbase 522GW+Rear Dashcam

Post Thanks / Like
    Really sorry gents.... mine is a 2007 XJ x350..... Ill need to try and see how Id get to the XJ section

Post Thanks / Like
    Really sorry gents.... mine is a 2007 XJ x350..... I’ll need to try and see how I’d get to the XJ section
    Check your owners manual to locate the fuses, and you almost certainly will have two fuses feeding your windscreen. I would bet that one has blown.

Post Thanks / Like
    Really sorry gents.... mine is a 2007 XJ x350..... I’ll need to try and see how I’d get to the XJ section
    Here it is:

https://www.jaguarforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=32

You've posted in there before...
    55 X-Type 3.0 Sovereign estate, automatic, midnight blue, barley leather

Previous cars going back through time:
    X-Type 2.2d SE estate, Alfa Romeo GT, Porsche 928, Lexus GS300, Mercedes E320, Mercedes E280, Rover 600, Vauxhall Senator, Opel Ascona, Fiat 127, Dutton Phaeton, Hillman Avenger

Post Thanks / Like
    Check fuse F32 40A in the front power distribution fuse box, this is for the left hand screen heater. This fuse is fed by relay R3 in the same box.
    If the fuse is ok the try swapping relay R3 for relay R13.

To avoid confusion in the future it would be best to add your car’s details into your signature.
    Jim.
    2012 XKR Black pack, Speed Pack, Aero pack, Rat pack. Past:-87'XJS 3.6L, 93'XJ40 3.2L gold, 95'XJ6 4.0L sport, 00'XJ8 3.2L sport, 2005 XK8 4.2L coupe, 2009 XK 5.0L Portfolio in that order and enjoyed all of 'em.

I do not offer advice, I only say what I would do with the set of circumstances presented. Your choice always.

9. Thanks MarkFY thanked for this post
    Likes MarkFY liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks Jim, Ill have a look tomorrow.

Faz
    2007 XJ X350

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345