Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Estate tailgate glass hatch reprogramming

Post Thanks / Like

Estate tailgate glass hatch reprogramming

Just trying to reprogram my glass tailgate hatch

Start JLR SDD
    Get Vin
    Go to service functions (This gathers data for a tediously long time, ask some questions then does it again for a tediously long time)
    Select "Recomendations" (It will ask if you have a DPF fitted)
    Select Dealer options at the bottom.
    Set ignition to on and press the tick on the right.
    Scroll down to "Tailgate release by remote" and set it to "Sports brake tailgate glass enable" then press button at the top right then press the tick.

Or something like that...

The program will ask you to turn the ignition on and off several times and if you have the engine running will during a reprogram turn the engine off. You may have to remove the key to get it to turn back on.

Edit:
    Now pressing the boot/tailgate button on on the keyfob opens the glass, but also unlocks the tailgate so you can open that in the normal way
    Last edited by BenedictWhite; 29-11-13 at 19:39. Reason: Add information on what the reprogramming does
    Kind regards

Benedict White

Jaguar X Type Sport Estate 2.0D, 2004 (127,000 miles) with most of the toys!

To edit your signature, go to the top right of the forum and click on settings. On the left side you will see 3 panels, The 3rd is "My Settings". Under my settings you will see edit signature.

How to re program tailgate glass see here.

Post Thanks / Like
    Nice work Benedict! Sounds handy to me, I use the hatch quite a bit.

Post Thanks / Like
    But then if you use the hatch and close it you have to lift and drop the tailgate to relock it, surely? I'd rather use the manual switch to release the glass, and the remote to release the tailgate. Incidentally, it may be only my car, but the tailgate gas struts are feeble and won't guarantee to raise the gate fully without a hefty shove in cold weather, and don't help sufficiently with tailgate weight when opening.

Post Thanks / Like
    I've got the same problem with the gas assist. New gas struts made bugger all difference.

I've got some uprated ones but haven't got around to fitting them yet.
    2067 plate XF 3.0TD-V6 Sport Sportbrake, another ex-demonstrator with all the toys.

2013 XF Sportbrake 3.0TD-V6 Premium Luxury. All the toys that were available.

Previous Jag's. 2001 2.5V6 X type SE Saloon & 2008 2.2TDi X type Sovereign Estate.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by motco View Post
    But then if you use the hatch and close it you have to lift and drop the tailgate to relock it, surely? I'd rather use the manual switch to release the glass, and the remote to release the tailgate. Incidentally, it may be only my car, but the tailgate gas struts are feeble and won't guarantee to raise the gate fully without a hefty shove in cold weather, and don't help sufficiently with tailgate weight when opening.
    No, the keyfob just opens the glass not the tailgate so you don't need to lift that to close it. It does however unlock the tailgate so that you can open it on the switch and as you have to put your hand there to lift it I can't see that as being much different.

My rational for doing the job is simple, the switch on the tailgate glass for opening the glass didn't work so I've just bypassed it in software.
    Kind regards

Benedict White

To edit your signature, go to the top right of the forum and click on settings. On the left side you will see 3 panels, The 3rd is "My Settings". Under my settings you will see edit signature.

6. Thanks JEK thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Okeydokey, Fairy Nuff!

Skyedriver
    Quote Originally Posted by BenedictWhite View Post
    Just trying to reprogram my glass tailgate hatch

Start JLR SDD
    Get Vin
    Go to service functions (This gathers data for a tediously long time, ask some questions then does it again for a tediously long time)
    Select "Recomendations" (It will ask if you have a DPF fitted)
    Select Dealer options at the bottom.
    Set ignition to on and press the tick on the right.
    Scroll down to "Tailgate release by remote" and set it to "Sports brake tailgate glass enable" then press button at the top right then press the tick.

Or something like that...

The program will ask you to turn the ignition on and off several times and if you have the engine running will during a reprogram turn the engine off. You may have to remove the key to get it to turn back on.

Edit:
    Now pressing the boot/tailgate button on on the keyfob opens the glass, but also unlocks the tailgate so you can open that in the normal way

You lost me after the word "Start"..................

Post Thanks / Like
    Ah... well it does involve using the cheap mongoose (search "cheap mongoose" as a thread title).
    Kind regards

Benedict White

Post Thanks / Like
    Going to try this today. Mine has started the infamous "Unlock hatch when starting" problem.
    2001 3.0 SE Auto, Satnav, winter pack. Dark Blue, all the toys.
    2004 3.0 Sovereign Estate. Winter pack. Fixed. For Sale.
    2005 Estate X type 2.2 Sport.
    2000 V8 3.2 XJ8 LWB. "Prom" car. Lovely. Should sell this one too really...
    2005 "AllyCat", 3.0 XJ6 SE.
    2000 S type 4.0 V8. Latest toy.
    VFR800A and a VFR 800F

Still beating cancer. Trevor 2, Cancer 0.

Sure I took the Red pill....

Post Thanks / Like
    And much as I tried to get this to work... It wouldn't. Must be missing something.
    2001 3.0 SE Auto, Satnav, winter pack. Dark Blue, all the toys.
    2004 3.0 Sovereign Estate. Winter pack. Fixed. For Sale.
    2005 Estate X type 2.2 Sport.
    2000 V8 3.2 XJ8 LWB. "Prom" car. Lovely. Should sell this one too really...
    2005 "AllyCat", 3.0 XJ6 SE.
    2000 S type 4.0 V8. Latest toy.
    VFR800A and a VFR 800F

Still beating cancer. Trevor 2, Cancer 0.

Sure I took the Red pill....

12. Thanks JEK thanked for this post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast