Page 2 of 122 FirstFirst 1234561252102 ... LastLast

Thread: Coffee Shop for S-Type Maniacs - For our idle moments!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Geoff35 View Post
    So I am wondering how many countries are having big charity events to help out the people suffering in our floods
    I'm surprised our wonderful government haven't sold the floods to dry countries

Post Thanks / Like
    I love cars but I don't consider myself a petrol head as I'm not really very well educated in how cars work. That said, I can follow instructions/how to guides and use tools and not be afraid to get my hands dirty. When my s type gives me any problems, this is the 1st place I'll come and I'll lean heavily on you guys to pull me through

My other love is gadgets/av and most notably, home cinema. I'm pretty well skilled in these area's so if anyone needs any help - I'll gladly return the favour.

This is my home cinema, which I done all by myself - complete install, audio and video calibration to the highest standards (with the highest quality equipment). Everything is controlled by my ipad and all movies are on networked storage. Even the acoustically transparent screen is custom built by myself, in the room. Its floor to ceiling, wall to wall - just like my local Omnimaxx! Don't ask me how many inches it is - I work is sqft and its over 63 sq feet of screen

Picture quality:

Oh sorry...1 more passion. Golf. Built this golf simulator in my garage. Complete with putting green, semi rough at the back, and the chance to play major championship golf courses in the comfort of home with a few beers during the round

I like collecting putters too and rare head covers:

So thats my other passions and as I say, I'll be relying on you guys for car help so if anyone needs any av help or how to go about setting up a home cinema themselves, I'm your man! To give you an idea - while my room and equipment is well into a 5 figure sum (that doesn't start with a 1 ) you can do a very good job and achieve similar results at a modest £1.5k. I put a cinema in a friends house last year - screen, 1080p projector, 5 good speakers, a good subwoofer and amp for just over £700 as we bought it all 2nd hand. It looks and sounds amazing...

3. Likes scoobiev6, Rondu, jagryan85, Super350 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Udtrev View Post
    I'm surprised our wonderful government haven't sold the floods to dry countries
    Now you could be on to something there
    1997 Aspen silver 735i
    54 plate Black 3.0 auto S Type
    Renault traffic

still miss the old XR4i

Post Thanks / Like
    Mind you, we could be generous and give them a free extra, 650 camel herders, I don't think we would miss them from Westminster
    Last edited by BuckMR2; 09-03-14 at 15:13. Reason: quote removed - not needed

Post Thanks / Like
    The shape & style (gorgeous) of the Cerbera always reminds me of an S-Type, odd that eh?
    2003 S-Type - Platinum 3 Ltr V6 Auto SE

Post Thanks / Like
    Great response already, wow!

Soupdragon that is amazing! Passions are exactly this.

Quote Originally Posted by 04str View Post
    Jim - Failing to be off-topic here (sorry) but: get a che8ap OBD tool instead of paying. Or get two: elm327 & Mongoose JLR clone.
    Ah 04str, now on the diag tool, that is of great interest to me!

As it happens I do have an elm327, what's the Mongoose and what can I do with them? Can I test/excercise things like locks, window motors etc or just read and clear codes?

Can I reset gearbox adaptions with it?
    Last edited by Jim_S-V6_2004; 09-02-14 at 12:33.

8. Likes manorfolk liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    It's a clone of what the dealers use just Search and there's a detailed thread in (X350?) forum.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    @ Soupdragon......

I notice you are into golf, very nice set up bud.
    more so, i see you have a putter collection........I too have one, including 12 Scotty Camerons, although not a Red X as you have.

My gamer is a Squareback II, very nice weight and style, works for me

Very very nice sir

scoobs

11. Likes soupdragon liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Soupdragon, that is one very impressive set up, can I ask what Speakers, Amp, Cables etc you are using.

Doug.
    My Boat,Train, Plane & Crane
    2002 STR Zircon
    2003 Mazda Mx-5 Montana

13. Likes soupdragon liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

S-Type Complaint

As I parked up from yet another "excuse to drive her" excursions, I found a design fault

There's nothing to do with your left hand apart from rest it over the gear shift because the steering set up just doesn't require more than your right hand
    2003 S-Type - Platinum 3 Ltr V6 Auto SE

Page 2 of 122 FirstFirst 1234561252102 ... LastLast