Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Jaguar Denso SatNav DVD Drive Cleaning/Tune Up

Post Thanks / Like
    Sorry to have to say this but it won't be easy. I ended up having to dismantle the unit, taking it out of the case and then winding back the disc engagement unit manually using a screwdriver to rotate the worm gear from the motor. I don't have photos but do have a good pdf file of a suggested method to fix sticking discs if you want to PM me.
    Ian C
    2005 2.0D SE Estate now replaced by 2015 Mazda 6 2.2D estate (Euro 6 compliance needed for London)

Post Thanks / Like

Once inside I mean this worm gear.
    Ian C
    2005 2.0D SE Estate now replaced by 2015 Mazda 6 2.2D estate (Euro 6 compliance needed for London)

Post Thanks / Like

Wider shot of open case.
    Ian C

Post Thanks / Like
    i know this is an old thread but just twisting the laser gain ( or bias ) preset blind so to speak is just asking for disaster

the correct way is using a scope on the test pins/pads that are usually near the presets
    once you find the correct test pad the pattern is very distinctive and and you can see if your turning the gain up too much ( the pattern distorts when too much gain is applied ) turning the preset without knowing what is really going on is going to be very hit n miss and could ruin a perfectly good laser

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123