Page 384 of 408 FirstFirst ... 284334374380381382383384385386387388394 ... LastLast
Results 3,831 to 3,840 of 4079

Thread: Franks XKR Story.

Post Thanks / Like

Check rear lights.

As it says on the tin. I got the following message on the dash last night.

Usually its either a bad connection, bad earth or bad bulb.

So I took the rear left apart and cleaned the connection with electrical contact cleaner.

After a lot of fiddling I accidentally discovered the stop/brake light bulb was not working properly. Long story short I replaced a working bulb and its working now. Weird. I cleaned the old bulb up including the twin contacts underneath, the sides etc but it would only work as I was putting it in but not once it was actually fully in. I did clean and slightly lift the brass leaves underneath but it still would not work properly. Ended up getting another bulb from my collection and now it works. Odd.

While I had the unit out I gave the area, another, good clean and the outside rear a good polish with metal polish. Got rid of any gunk and discolouration that had built up since the last time it was cleaned not long ago.

These cars do keep us on our toes.
    2003 Zircon Blue XKR Convertible.
    It's in the detail.

To see index of "Franks Story" up to 8th March 2017 Please Click Here. Thanks!

Cannot see any photos? PHOTOBUCKET FIX please CLICK HERE FOR SOLUTION

Post Thanks / Like
    I replaced a burnt dead headlamp bulb on our baby Merc 3 weeks ago, but it wouldn't stay lit.

It came on when I tapped the headlamp unit then wouldn't come on next night.

I rewired the headlamp units because the wiring was burnt and crumbling too in both.

Same, only came on when I gave her a slap!

See, slaps and females... Works!

So on speculation, I replaced the headlamp bulb.

That done it.

Chinese headlamp bulbs?

No!!

"Made in the EU" - They've been de-nationalised, no pride in their own identity. Not allowed pride in their own identity. Out, brothers, Out!!

So I replaced both bulbs. The replacements are my last pair of Philips Extreme Vision +130%.

3. Likes frankc liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim_S-V6_2004 View Post
    I replaced a burnt dead headlamp bulb on our baby Merc 3 weeks ago, but it wouldn't stay lit.

It came on when I tapped the headlamp unit then wouldn't come on next night.

I rewired the headlamp units because the wiring was burnt and crumbling too in both.

Same, only came on when I gave her a slap!

See, slaps and females... Works!

So on speculation, I replaced the headlamp bulb.

That done it.

Chinese headlamp bulbs?

No!!

"Made in the EU" - They've been de-nationalised, no pride in their own identity. Not allowed pride in their own identity. Out, brothers, Out!!

So I replaced both bulbs. The replacements are my last pair of Philips Extreme Vision +130%.

Yep mine was definitely a bulb issue. Will just have to get a few more spares.
    It's in the detail.

Post Thanks / Like

More horse power.

Naaa........... not that sort of horse power. Real horse power. My little GG won at Windsor yesterday.
    It's in the detail.

6. Likes 20inchguns, payno liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Congrats Frank, hope you treated him/her?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim_S-V6_2004 View Post
    Congrats Frank, hope you treated him/her?
    The horse got lots of fuss, carrots and polo's. The girls and women looking after him got a generous tip, what I call my winners bonus. The owners, trainers get all the glory but it is the sh*t shovel'rs and the girls that ride him out that do all the work. I make sure their hard work is recognized and they know they are appreciated.

Its much cooler today. I sat sideways on the passenger side with the door open. Feet outside the car. Trying to see how many detailing bits I could find to do. Mostly very minor but I got to 25, so far. Its amazing what you can find if you go looking. A few of those were 'why did I not see that before' types. They all add up though. I also had a lovely top down ride. Enjoy these days whilst we have them!
    It's in the detail.

9. Likes payno liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    XF SV8 A - USB 2 - Bowers & Wilkins 440W - Parking Aid Pack with Rear Camera - Computer Active Technology Suspension - Tyre Pressure Monitoring System - 20" Volans - Headlamp Powerwash - Rain Sensitive Wipers - Xenon Headlights - Heated Windscreen - Intrusion Sensing - Navigation with Dynamic Route Guidance and Traffic Information System - Adaptive Cruise Control - Forward Alert - Memory Function - Blind Spot Monitor - Bluetooth Connectivity - Automatic Headlamp Leveling - JaguarVoice

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by santer View Post
    The horse is more intelligent than most give them credit for. They know the sound of my car, their heads peek out of the stables when I arrive. I am a mobile carrot vending machine to most of them. The nicest thing is that although they are huge animals they can be so gentle. More than one horse has walked up behind me whilst I stand with my back to them and gently 'nuzzled' the back of my neck breathing and blowing warm air down my back. Its their way of being nice to you. Dont get me wrong I have seen a damage an annoyed or frightened horse can do but on the whole they only react like humans do. If your nice they remember and treat you that way, if your nasty they remember that too.

We used to know a farmer where my wife used to go riding. There was one horse he could never seem to 'catch'. However when I called the horse always came straight over to me. "stupid &*&&^ horse" farmer said. So I said to him "can you come over here a min please?". Looking bit puzzled he walked over. I slapped him on the shoulder hard. He jumped back in surprise and anger. I just smiled and asked him to return. I went to hit him again and him jumped back before I had the chance to land the blow. "Now you know why the horse wont come to you". Not the best way to make friends but I did get my point over quite well.
    It's in the detail.

12. Likes payno, Tuffareo, 20inchguns liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Roof/window seal.

Going around my roof seals this morning I found on close inspection a rather grotty looking bit of seal with a split and out of place.

So I marked the area then put the roof down.

I cleaned the area and glued the spit rubber. Its now behind the glass as it should be. Fixed.

Just got to tart up the surrounding area. Cannot have tatty looking anything on my car! (except the driver of course)
    It's in the detail.

14. Likes Jimbov8 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I very much doubt even the driver of this car is tatty Frank.
    Jim.
    2012 XKR Black pack, Speed Pack, Aero pack, Rat pack. Past:-87'XJS 3.6L, 93'XJ40 3.2L gold, 95'XJ6 4.0L sport, 00'XJ8 3.2L sport, 2005 XK8 4.2L coupe, 2009 XK 5.0L Portfolio in that order and enjoyed all of 'em.

I do not offer advice, I only say what I would do with the set of circumstances presented. Your choice always.

16. Likes frankc liked this post
Page 384 of 408 FirstFirst ... 284334374380381382383384385386387388394 ... LastLast