Page 424 of 430 FirstFirst ... 324374414420421422423424425426427428 ... LastLast
Results 4,231 to 4,240 of 4296

Thread: Franks XKR Story.

Post Thanks / Like
    Uksimon is referring to franks seats

I hope you don't mind me posting here Frank. I just wish I had started my own thread when I bought the car
    I wish you would ��

2. Likes frankc liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by s collins View Post
    ... I just wish I had started my own thread when I bought the car
    There is still time!
    Chris. T.
    2000 XK8 4.0 Coupe
    2010 XJ SWB 3.0D Portfolio. With TVs. Lots of TVs.

4. Likes Stagnite, s collins, frankc liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Uksimon is referring to franks seats

I hope you don't mind me posting here Frank. I just wish I had started my own thread when I bought the car
    I wish you would ��
    Those seats look awful. Looks like its been put on with a paintbrush. Can you post some after pics? Love to see how your seat compares with Franks After pictures.

That quote from UKsimon was in a reply to my photos. Frank said he is happy for me to post here, BTW.
    Currently enjoying:
    2007 XKR Convert. Frost Blue, Ivory leather. 32k
    2006 S Type R. Slate Grey, Dove Grey leather. Full Burr Walnut upgrade, Rear DVD screens. 64k.
    1999 XKR Convert. Meteorite Silver with Ivory leather. 79k.
    Previously enjoyed: 1970 XL6 4.2 1974; 1982 XJS HE V12 5.3 1987 - 1990; 2000 S Type 3.0 manual 2001-2015; 1998 XK8 Convert Mar/Apr 2016. 2009 Red XK convert Nov 2016 to March 2017: 2010 All black XKR May to Oct 2017: 2009 Green XKR convert. 28k miles.Mar to July 2018

6. Thanks frankc thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by mac_doctor View Post
    There is still time!

Bit late really as I have posted photos all over the place now.
    Currently enjoying:
    2007 XKR Convert. Frost Blue, Ivory leather. 32k
    2006 S Type R. Slate Grey, Dove Grey leather. Full Burr Walnut upgrade, Rear DVD screens. 64k.
    1999 XKR Convert. Meteorite Silver with Ivory leather. 79k.
    Previously enjoyed: 1970 XL6 4.2 1974; 1982 XJS HE V12 5.3 1987 - 1990; 2000 S Type 3.0 manual 2001-2015; 1998 XK8 Convert Mar/Apr 2016. 2009 Red XK convert Nov 2016 to March 2017: 2010 All black XKR May to Oct 2017: 2009 Green XKR convert. 28k miles.Mar to July 2018

8. Likes frankc liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Stagnite View Post
    Bit late really as I have posted photos all over the place now.
    Its never to late come on ��
    if this post gets more than one like will you reconsider?
    please

10. Likes frankc, S-Type Owner liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Its never to late come on ��
    if this post gets more than one like will you reconsider?
    please
    I will, but why does it bother you? Its Franks thread, surely its up to him.

12. Thanks frankc thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Confused, slightly.

First off I am quite happy for anyone to post anything informative or comments on my work on here. I consider Stagnite and a few others friends so I am always happy to hear from them.

Regarding Stagsnites seat post yes the first photo is showing what happens to our seats. I started off, if you can believe it with much worse. Will see if i can dig out a photo. The second photo, correct me if I am wrong, is work in progress. It looks like a gloss finish that has not dried yet so it would be unfair to say it looks terrible or whatever. Have said it multiple times photos bring out the worst in whatever work your doing. Many times after I post photos I give myself the 'how did I miss that' reaction and its caused me a lot of work. So its unfair to judge and pass comment like that. You have only to look at his cars as a whole and see what a great Job he is doing.

I cannot see me posting very much more on here anyway without me repeating myself. Just for the benefit of newbies this "Franks Story" was mainly originally meant just for me, though I am VERY happy for others to comment and show their work anytime. Its original function was for me to keep a record of work done. Never in my wildest dreams did I expect 495,000+ views and 4235 posts! (just struck me that's nearly half a million views?). I get messages from all over the world thanking me for helping them out. My latest two are one from New Zealand and one from Texas. Who knew that a little car in England would get such interest?

So post away on here. Keep it friendly. Do not criticize work you have not tried yourself to see how hard it is to do. Its far better to help and encourage . Find fault by any means in my work. I am never 100% satisfied with the work I do anyway. I can always do better. This is, mainly, a friendly forum for those that either want help or can give help. No one knows everything but someone somewhere has 'been there done that' before and if asked nicely will impart that knowledge to you.

Right, will shut up now. I have some painting to do, more of that later.
    Last edited by frankc; 06-02-19 at 14:30.
    2003 Zircon Blue XKR Convertible.
    It's in the detail.
    [SIZE=4]

For a list of most topics written in this 'Story' Please click here.

Cannot see any photos? PHOTOBUCKET FIX please CLICK HERE FOR SOLUTION

14. Thanks payno, Jimbov8, s collins, Stagnite thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I cannot see me posting very much more on here anyway without me repeating myself.
    Plenty of other threads to post in anyway Frank your contributions and knowledge are always appreciated especially your humour
    S TYPE R 2003
    BMW M3 EVOLUTION 1998
    You can not beat me in a argument
    I am too stupid to know when I am beaten

16. Thanks Jimbov8, frankc thanked for this post
    Likes Jimbov8 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by payno View Post
    Plenty of other threads to post in anyway Frank your contributions and knowledge are always appreciated especially your humour
    I have to have a sense of humour or I would not be able to look in a mirror when I get out of the shower.
    It's in the detail.
    [SIZE=4]

18. Likes Jimbov8, payno, S-Type Owner, Stagnite liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Found, my previously restored seats.

With reference to the comments I made earlier about starting out with a REALLY grotty seat/s.

I got the car cheap, a (cough) BMW. Basically the guy did not even know how to open the bonnet but it was a company car and he just took it to the dealers and the carwash. Never touched the inside and it was pretty grotty. Hence I got it for a good price.

So what I did I put a plastic bag on one half of the seat then cleaned the other half to see the contrast. I think the photos speak for themselves.

Grubby isn't it?

The seats looked 100% better after I had done the other side too and then given the whole seat, and cabin, a proper clean on top. Conditioning and protection etc.

How can people let their cars get like this?
    It's in the detail.
    [SIZE=4]

Page 424 of 430 FirstFirst ... 324374414420421422423424425426427428 ... LastLast