Page 430 of 430 FirstFirst ... 330380420426427428429430
Results 4,291 to 4,295 of 4295

Thread: Franks XKR Story.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimbov8 View Post
    Good job done there Frank but I can’t believe you put that tin straight on the bodywork.
    Dont worry its not something I usually do! I had the camera in one hand and tried taking a photo but it came out all fuzzy. There was no wind so I put the tin down carefully till I took the photo. As soon as that was done off it came. The good thing though is that you noticed it. It must be so unusual for me to do such a naughty thing that it stands out. Sort of a compliment.

Stagnite I like you style. Putting it outside so the Pikeys knick it. We do have a Pikey that collects scrap around us. Drives the obligatory white flat bed truck and blows a trumpet! Sounded awful when they started a few years ago but now he can actually manage a tune. When my washer went a year or so ago give the guy his due he came to the side of the house picked it up as though it where light and chucked it on the back. Got chatting to him and he was actually quite nice, still would not trust them though!

As for Idesit codes I had those too. Thats how I knew the control card was faulty. I found the codes on the web somewhere............ Here you go . From Jags to washing machines!

Sunday tomorrow. The day I take the Jag out to stretch its wheels to Waitrose. Top down. Sipping free coffee and a newspaper. Its a hard life but someone has to do it.

Just noticed something else too. A Thousand + views a day since I crossed the half million. Going to have to write a book or something (not on Jags though)
    Last edited by frankc; 16-02-19 at 21:06.
    2003 Zircon Blue XKR Convertible.
    It's in the detail.
    [SIZE=4]

For a list of most topics written in this 'Story' Please click here.

Cannot see any photos? PHOTOBUCKET FIX please CLICK HERE FOR SOLUTION

2. Thanks Jimbov8 thanked for this post
    Likes Jimbov8, Stagnite, Administrator liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Had the XK8 out today 150 miles over North Wales to the Ponderosa Cafe at Llangolen. Cracking roads nice and quiet but now adorned with large yellow posts with avg speed Cameras on top of them.

4. Likes frankc liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by johnandhisjags View Post
    Had the XK8 out today 150 miles over North Wales to the Ponderosa Cafe at Llangolen. Cracking roads nice and quiet but now adorned with large yellow posts with avg speed Cameras on top of them.
    Hmmm got to admit I do not like those. I came down a very empty M6 at 3am one day last summer. Hit the avg speed cameras and had to do 30mph on and off for at least 40 miles. ***** annoying and a waste. It also spoils those lovely straight empty Welsh Roads.
    2003 Zircon Blue XKR Convertible.
    It's in the detail.
    [SIZE=4]

For a list of most topics written in this 'Story' Please click here.

Cannot see any photos? PHOTOBUCKET FIX please CLICK HERE FOR SOLUTION

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by frankc View Post
    Hmmm got to admit I do not like those. I came down a very empty M6 at 3am one day last summer. Hit the avg speed cameras and had to do 30mph on and off for at least 40 miles. ***** annoying and a waste. It also spoils those lovely straight empty Welsh Roads.
    you get lots of twisty climbs and then you go around a ben and a flat 1 mile stretch is there waiting for you along with these huge yellow posts. Still great to get out again

7. Likes frankc liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yeh I understand the frustration but speed limits are for the entire zone, chaps, not just where the speed signs or cameras are.

So personally I'm happy to see average speed cameras.

If you think the zone is set too slow many councils are happy to revise them to keep the traffic moving and the zone clear.

Page 430 of 430 FirstFirst ... 330380420426427428429430