Page 444 of 444 FirstFirst ... 344394434440441442443444
Results 4,431 to 4,439 of 4439

Thread: Franks XKR Story.

Post Thanks / Like
    You did well lasting until 2.40am when surrounded by inebriated people when sober yourself.
    Thats a good old gallop there. My Alison spends a lot of time on a horse at the local RDA stables, thank goodness she doesn't own her own horse or it might turn up in the back garden.
    For the first time in about 7 years, we picked up a KFC from the local newly built drive through. It will be at least another 7 years before having another one after draining all the oil out of the chicken pieces and popping the chips under the grill to crisp them up.
    Just time to nip out and wash the Jag before heading off to badminton again. Tough life being retired eh?
    Currently enjoying:
    2007 XKR Convert. Frost Blue, Ivory leather. 32k
    2006 S Type R. Slate Grey, Dove Grey leather. Full Burr Walnut upgrade, Rear DVD screens. 64k.
    1999 XKR Convert. Meteorite Silver with Ivory leather. 79k.
    Previously enjoyed: 1970 XL6 4.2 1974; 1982 XJS HE V12 5.3 1987 - 1990; 2000 S Type 3.0 manual 2001-2015; 1998 XK8 Convert Mar/Apr 2016. 2009 Red XK convert Nov 2016 to March 2017: 2010 All black XKR May to Oct 2017: 2009 Green XKR convert. 28k miles.Mar to July 2018

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Stagnite View Post
    You did well lasting until 2.40am when surrounded by inebriated people when sober yourself.
    Thats a good old gallop there. My Alison spends a lot of time on a horse at the local RDA stables, thank goodness she doesn't own her own horse or it might turn up in the back garden.
    For the first time in about 7 years, we picked up a KFC from the local newly built drive through. It will be at least another 7 years before having another one after draining all the oil out of the chicken pieces and popping the chips under the grill to crisp them up.
    Just time to nip out and wash the Jag before heading off to badminton again. Tough life being retired eh?
    Does Alison work at the stables or just uses them? I used to go to a RDA stables some 20 miles from me but unfortunately have to give it up. You must have some back garden to accomodate a horse!

As you know Neville I enjoy a pint but try to keep off the booze if I am driving any distance. I go more for the social aspect rather than the booze aspect.

As for KFC only used them them twice. Dont enjoy them at all. I had chicken 'popcorn' some years ago and had the same experience as you. Soggy chips and chicken that tasted more of cardboard than chicken.

Talking of washing id better get out and wash mine. Its been uncovered and used a couple of days so got to get it back up to standard before my Sunday run. Then tomorrow its off on my Stretch The Wheels run. Wednesday I am taking a lady for a drive as she has seen the car and is thinking of buying one. She thinks, like I originally did, she only wants a XK8 but going for a drive to convince her otherwise.
    2003 Zircon Blue XKR Convertible.
    It's in the detail.
    [SIZE=4]

For a list of most topics written in this 'Story' Please click here.

Cannot see any photos? PHOTOBUCKET FIX please CLICK HERE FOR SOLUTION

Post Thanks / Like
    Alison does a lot of voluntary work at the RDA stables and pays something like 40 her week into the coffers to get the use of the horses for the "accessional" twice/thrice a week hack.

Back garden is not that big, but bigger than a horse at about 60ft x 60ft. Its shame I can't get a car through the personal side gate to the rear garden or my parking problems would be over - but then I'd have an Alison problem if you know what I mean!

If your lady friend fancies an XK convertible, I just happen to have the best one in UK for sale! Happy to deliver and share a pint with you.
    Currently enjoying:
    2006 S Type R. Slate Grey, Dove Grey leather. Full Burr Walnut upgrade, Rear DVD screens. 64k.
    Previously enjoyed: 1970 XL6 4.2 1974; 1982 XJS HE V12 5.3 1987 - 1990; 2000 S Type 3.0 manual 2001-2015; 1998 XK8 Convert Mar/Apr 2016. 2009 Red XK convert Nov 2016 to March 2017: 2010 All black XKR May to Oct 2017: 2009 Green XKR convert. 28k miles.Mar to July 2018

Post Thanks / Like
    I never got paid for the work. Did not realise Allison was into the horses. Perhaps if you venture this way Id give her a tour of the stables? Though she probably sees enough horses!

Got to admit I should be ashamed of myself! I never put the two of you together ie she looking and you selling. Stick up your cars details on here then I can print it off and tell her all about it or a link perhaps ? I would happily give you a lift to the train station too, via the pub. As I said before should be meeting her on Wednesday.

Its the 1999 XKR Convertible?
    It's in the detail.
    [SIZE=4]

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by frankc View Post

Its the 1999 XKR Convertible?
    No, the 2007 X150 XK with only 25,600 miles on the clock. Its in the Jags for sale section. I think that link has expired so try this:

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/classif...cation=at_cars

I am amazed its still for sale but then so are lots of other Jags lingering on the market. I put it down to Brexit causing a lack of confidence in the car market.
    Currently enjoying:

Post Thanks / Like
    Right! I am pointing a guy called Andy on another Forum in your direction. I think he is after a X100 though. Perhaps he might be tempted with the x150 though it is nice.
    It's in the detail.
    [SIZE=4]

7. Thanks Stagnite thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Airbag Fault Code 2 2.

Apparently this is a very common fault code. Lots of had it and are frustrated trying to fix it. Garages, especially Jaguar, charge big bucks to fix it. A few have had modules changed and fitted and still have the problem.

Lets start with the basics. What is it? You get into the car turn on the ignition. The Airbag logo flashes twice on the dash. Pauses. Then flashes twice again. When you start the car the airbag warning light stays on, non flashing. Your car fails MOT.
    So the video below is what happens when you first turn on the ignition, but dont start the car, the car goes through the system check. Count the flashes.

So what is happening? Well if you run a diagnostic and the look up the code it comes up with "Driver Side Airbag" Not exactly helpful is it? Apparently it can be caused by a sensor in the seat back or underneath the drivers seat. All the yellow coloured connectors are for the safety system. Air bags, restraints etc.

Ok Frank you have me hooked. I am useless with mechanical bits so how do I fix it?

Having done all the connectors in the back of the seat some years ago I decided this time to go for the ones under the seats as obviously I still have the fault, occasionally, every 6 months or so then it disappears again.

First job. Loosen seats.

The rear of the seat has two hex nuts. The front has two hex nuts. Using the motors move the seat as far forward as you can.

This exposes a Hex nut either side of the seat. The poor photo below shows the nut in the middle hole. The one on the other side was in a different hole.

Time to do the front two.

First off you have to remove the plastic covering panel on the outside of the seat.

Here it is next to the handbrake.

It slides forward off a big nut at the rear of the seat. **** note originally at the factory it was stuck on with double sided tape. You may have to work it free.

Here it is out.

Drive the seat backwards. You will find there is only two screw/bolt holes at the front but three in the rear. When you rebolt the seat you put the front ones in first and the holes that the rear ones go in will be obvious, rather than having to work out which of the three holes you should use.

Right you have the rear and front bolts out. Now take a peek under your seat and you may see something like this.

They will/should not be loose like this. I freed them to see if I could clean the connectors without removing the seat, you can't.

So before unplugging anything you have to disconnect the battery for safety. I have never been one for this Health and Safety Malarky but I have no desire to repair the car and replace the airbag, so just in case...............

Go around to the boot to disconnect the battery. Yes I know YOU know how to do it but others new to our cars may not.

*** Franks tips. Telling you this now instead of afterwards. Hindsight is lovely foresight is better. (that sounds good doesnt it?)

1...... If you disconnect your battery for what ever reason you will more than likely have to reset your windows afterwards. Once battery is reconnected get inside car. Close door. Ignition on, but car not started. Open both windows all the way to the bottom...... HOLD THEM THERE........ You will hear a faint click. Now both windows all the way to the top. Again hold them there. Faint click. Job done.

2...... You may well need your radio code. When the radio is switched on the Word "CODE" will flash. Just enter your code via the channel selection pad numbered 1 to 9

3..... Before disconnecting battery ensure your drivers door is open and you have the keys in hand. When I reconnected my battery the doors locked! Luckily my door was open.

4..... Put a towel etc across your boot latch. So you wont forget and slam down your boot shut with battery disconnected.

I am NOT trying to put you off. I have disconnected and reconnected my battery dozens of times........... Not going to end sentence just in case.............

Find your battery cover and lift it out.

Disconnect battery at negative end and put to one side.

The temptation at this point is to rush round to the front and start disconnecting things. Be patient. Do those odd little jobs like vacuuming under the seat or cleaning the back of the seat, counting all the money found under there. Allow time for any potential energy to dissipate from the electrical system. Most will tell you to touch the disconnected negative terminal to the positive terminal to discharge but I have never been brave enough to try it myself.

Put the seat back down and manipulate the seat so that the underneath is workable. I propped my seat up with a plastic socket set container, seen below in red.

This is what you should see.

What you need is the middle small connector. Its what is called a Hall Effect connector. This is my trouble maker. A bit of a sod to disconnect. So you push down the little yellow button and gently pry the two halves apart with a screwdriver. ( I could not push the button down. Pry with the screw driver AND take the photo. )

Once apart this is what you should see.

Looking at this its not too bad at all. Sometimes you get black pitting or dirt. Mine looked clean. I still sprayed BOTH halves with electrical cleaner and as I waited for the connections to dry I did the other two yellows for good measure.

So ALL yellow connectors done. Reconnect. Fix seat back in. Jobs done! All in all half an hour without any effort. That includes vacuuming! You may also be richer from what coins you have found. As an added bonus my seat back motor has started working again. When you put the passenger/drivers seat forward the headrest should come down. On my drivers seat it never did, but I never move the headrest from the fully down position anyway. Even so whatever I cleaned under there the things working again, and I had honestly forgotten all about it.

So carpets cleaned. Seats cleaned. Connections cleaned. Did it work? The video below is honestly the first time I turned on the ignition to check.........

Yes it worked!!!

Hope in the future this helps someone. Did I miss anything or something not clear? Thanks!
    Last edited by frankc; 16-04-19 at 20:26.
    It's in the detail.
    [SIZE=4]

9. Likes Stagnite, payno liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Frank,

I know it was a while back, but I just got round to installing a Dash Cam, based on your descriptions. all went well and it is now up and running. One observation i would make is that with this set up I can install a similar wiring solution in my X type and switch the camera between cars. Ideal.

Roy

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tuffareo View Post
    Hi Frank,

I know it was a while back, but I just got round to installing a Dash Cam, based on your descriptions. all went well and it is now up and running. One observation i would make is that with this set up I can install a similar wiring solution in my X type and switch the camera between cars. Ideal.

Roy

Thanks Roy. Glad you found it of use, very good of you to give me feedback too. Always appreciated.
    It's in the detail.
    [SIZE=4]

Page 444 of 444 FirstFirst ... 344394434440441442443444