Page 535 of 535 FirstFirst ... 35435485525531532533534535
Results 5,341 to 5,349 of 5349

Thread: Franks XKR Story.

Post Thanks / Like

Logo carpets fitted.

As promised here are the logo carpets fitted.

and........ yes it needs a clean. Had a thoughtless passenger with muddy shoes. Took me ages to bury him the soil was hard to dig.

Finally the boot.

Sort of birthday presi I like
    2003 Zircon Blue XKR Convertible.
    It's in the detail.
    [SIZE=4]

For a list of most topics written in this 'Story' Please click here.

2. Likes Zero123, Daverichardson liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by frankc View Post
    As promised here are the logo carpets fitted.

and........ yes it needs a clean. Had a thoughtless passenger with muddy shoes. Took me ages to bury him the soil was hard to dig.

Finally the boot.

Sort of birthday presi I like
    Very smart. Hope you cleaned the shovel as well, don't want to leave any evidence...........
    "I know I'm a pessimist because my glass is always half empty...even when it's full".

2009 X-Type 2.2D Sovereign - Indigo Blue with Ivory Leather

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Zero123 View Post
    Very smart. Hope you cleaned the shovel as well, don't want to leave any evidence...........
    I did a porridge, I dug another hole and put it in there.
    It's in the detail.
    [SIZE=4]

5. Likes payno, Zero123 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Non progress report.

My new Boche twin flat wipers arrived yesterday. So this afternoon cover off. Old wipers off. New wipers................ fittings not compatible. Cannot even use the fittings from the old blades. A real pain in the wipers. So they have to go back. Also got to re-fit the old ones.

I made a system to allow me to store the car cover in the the garage out of the way off the floor. I have underestimated the size of it. It works but not well enough. Time for a cuppa and a re-think.

Obviously not my day today. Will just have to take the car this afternoon as compensation.

On the plus side the old car is looking well after a couple of weeks undercover.

It's in the detail.
    [SIZE=4]

7. Likes payno liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    My new Boche twin flat wipers arrived yesterday. So this afternoon cover off. Old wipers off. New wipers................ fittings not compatible. Cannot even use the fittings from the old blades. A real pain in the wipers. So they have to go back. Also got to re-fit the old ones.

I made a system to allow me to store the car cover in the the garage out of the way off the floor. I have underestimated the size of it. It works but not well enough. Time for a cuppa and a re-think.

Obviously not my day today. Will just have to take the car this afternoon as compensation.

On the plus side the old car is looking well after a couple of weeks undercover.

I reckon you mean 'Bosch' not 'Boche' which is actually a German soldier, or at least, a slang term meaning caboche or cabbage head!

Incidentally, is that front bonnet gap level? It looks wider on the nearside, or maybe it's the camera angle.......just saying.........
    "I know I'm a pessimist because my glass is always half empty...even when it's full".

Post Thanks / Like
    Incidentally, is that front bonnet gap level? It looks wider on the nearside, or maybe it's the camera angle.......just saying........

I think everyone by now may know I am a little OCD when it comes to keep the car clean and in good condition. Also just a tad anti rust, just not allowed on my car. What some may not have noticed yet is that I am again a little OCD about shut lines and gaps.

The bonnet/hoods on our cars are funny things. You look at it from one angle and the shut lines are fine. Move a little up, down, left or right and they can look like bigger gaps or slightly out on one side.

When I looked at my bonnet yesterday I thought they were out. Tried various measuring devices but non seem to easily give me the true picture. Then I realised that one item I used, a plastic ruler, may have another way of using it. Like a feeler gauge. It worked a treat.

At the top edges, nearest the windscreen, the corner on one side was too tight to get the ruler in whilst on the other it would fit loosely.

After a lot of fiddling. Removing and refitting of bolts. Adding and subtracting washers here and there I managed to get an even gap all the way around. Top two corners. Bottom centre of bonnet and either side. As I said it was very fiddly but I tested all around those area's with my new 'feeler gauge' and it is now spot on. Though the illusion is still there depending on what angle you look at it from. The ruler gauge though gives the true gap.

A good demonstration of the gap illusion below. The gap looks bigger as it was photoed close up but the ruler still just fits.

Just thought id pass on this tip in case your wondering about yours.

Oh and before anyone says it the car was given a real good clean afterwards.
    As you can see I have recently checked the gaps, about a week ago. To quote myself "When I looked at my bonnet yesterday I thought they were out." It is an illusion. If you stood at the other end at the same angle it would look out.

As for the spelling your right of course. Right off for my drive!!
    It's in the detail.
    [SIZE=4]

10. Likes Jimbov8 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Incidentally, is that front bonnet gap level? It looks wider on the nearside, or maybe it's the camera angle.......just saying........

As you can see I have recently checked the gaps, about a week ago. To quote myself "When I looked at my bonnet yesterday I thought they were out." It is an illusion. If you stood at the other end at the same angle it would look out.

As for the spelling your right of course. Right off for my drive!!
    I was taking the pee........

12. Likes frankc liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Looks like the bonnets to high or the bumpers to low on the passenger side

14. Thanks frankc thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by s collins View Post
    Looks like the bonnets to high or the bumpers to low on the passenger side
    Hmmm you could be right. Would you mind laying down on the road in front of the car to see it from that angle? I promise I will do my best to stop..........
    It's in the detail.
    [SIZE=4]

16. Likes payno, Zero123 liked this post
Page 535 of 535 FirstFirst ... 35435485525531532533534535