Page 547 of 547 FirstFirst ... 47447497537543544545546547
Results 5,461 to 5,464 of 5464

Thread: Franks XKR Story.

Post Thanks / Like
    This is my To Do list I put up back on Feb 17th this year, just a reminder for me. Progress report.

1. Replace wiper blades. They are on their way............... Arrived and replaced. Done!

2. Restore steering knuckle joint. Wire brush. Curust. Hammerite. Grease. This is a job I have been meaning to do for 4 years!........................ Kurust treated just underneath. Hoping to finish it in the next couple of days.

3. Remove all four wheels. Curust disc edges. Clean up dust shields and Curust. Paint disc edges. Paint/hammerite dust shields. Clean and protect inside wheel ..................... Done!
    rims.

4. Wire brush sill edges. Curust.................. Done!

5. Mark up paint that needs retouching. Car into paintshop for annual paint retouching. Sill repair and repainting........................... Put back from March to May. Do not know if the work will be done yet.

6. Clean Hood. Reseal. .................................. This is on my list to do in the next week or so. During warmer weather.

7. Remove all rubber seals. Clean and treat area where they have been removed from. Treat rubber seals and replace.................. Again on my spring clean list during nicer days.

8. Do car mats. This is a project I can do indoors while the weather is bad. Found a way to get car mats with Jaguar logo etc. Been looking for new mats with logo since I first got the car. At last they appear to be possible......... Done!

9. Get under car and repair, repaint and restore anything that needs doing. Wont know what needs doing till I get the car up in the air................ Started on it. Done 90% will need looking at when I can get car up in the air.

10. Remove throttle body pipe etc and do that rusty nut I saw years ago but never got back to doing................... Done

11. Make storage device for car cover in garage. Do not like folding it and leaving it on garage floor............................... Done!

So ticking items off list. Six out of eleven done. Some work has been started on other bits. No rush.

Plodding on.
    Last edited by frankc; Today at 23:12.
    2003 Zircon Blue XKR Convertible.
    It's in the detail.
    [SIZE=4]

For a list of most topics written in this 'Story' Please click here.

2. Likes payno, S-Type Owner liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Spring clean started.

Mowed the lawns so I thought Id reward myself with a bit of spring cleaning on the car.

Removed the pipework from the air filter to the carb/throttle body. Cleaned the whole lot internally, throttle body and carb, with carb cleaner. Treated rust in the area. Item 10 on my list. All back together.

Lubricated the aerial. Always feel better when I have achieved something, even if its something small.
    Last edited by frankc; Today at 23:09.
    It's in the detail.
    [SIZE=4]

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by frankc View Post
    Lubricated the aerial. Always feel better when I have achieved something, even if its something small.
    Is that a euphemism? Don't worry, size isn't everything.
    Chris. T.

The Autobiography has landed.

Previous: 2000 XK8 4.0 Coupe (Sold)
    2010 XJ SWB 3.0D Portfolio. With TVs. Lots of TVs. (Written Off. A week after I sold ^)

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by mac_doctor View Post
    Is that a euphemism? Don't worry, size isn't everything.
    I bet you say that to all the boys.
    It's in the detail.
    [SIZE=4]

6. Thanks mac_doctor thanked for this post
    Likes mac_doctor liked this post
Page 547 of 547 FirstFirst ... 47447497537543544545546547