Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Cruise problem.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy the tyre man View Post
    Still have my cruise problem.

This is is what's wrong.....

get to 70mph then press the + on steering wheel, info display in speedo says "over limit 76mph" and a warning bong starts and next to the cruise Amber light there's another one that is like a speedo with a section covered and ASL in it which starts to flash.
    Glad you got it sorted, however it still doesn't explain why you would get an ASL message complete with ASL Speedo...in a car without the ASL facility, still smacks of wrong Module or Software been installed somewhere down the line.

Doug
    My Boat,Train, Plane & Crane
    2002 STR Zircon
    2003 Mazda Mx-5 Montana

Post Thanks / Like
    It could have been wet wiring somewhere which has dried out Andy.

Yes, my car did the no auto-unlock and no column lift for a while all by itself. Very frustrating, but everything works at the moment.

Post Thanks / Like
    Well the things you find. Had battery off for pre winter charge as I only do a long run once a week.
    Re fitted and now when I try cruise I get the ASL message. Tried a battery reset to no effect.
    MOT was due so dropped it at my indy and he is baffled as can't find an explanation either.
    Can only hope mine will follow the "self cure" method too.
    2007 Silver S type 2.7D SE

Post Thanks / Like
    Reviving old thread as I have this issue now... It all started after the pcm update I did and one day last week cruise started working and the asl over limit issue was gone but its back now... Everytime I engage cruise it shows the speed but 4 or 5 mph more than whats on the speedo and says overlimit underneath... As if its not syncing with the actual speed..

Will try battery reset and adaptive shift reset tomorrow and see where things go.

Regards
    AF
    Shaguar s type 2.7 diesel Xs 2007

Post Thanks / Like
    Car thinks you have a speed limiter. You don't.

Check for wetness or condensation in electronics or connectors - boot lid seal, rear light clusters, door seals, sunroof seals & drains can let water in.

Low battery voltage can scramble control modules' brains.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345