Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Jaguar XJ220 Supercar Register

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes that;s the one many thanks tell me how to do it please

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by XJ220NUT View Post
    Yes that;s the one many thanks tell me how to do it please
    Right click on the image (on Facebook or wherever), the scroll down the list to "Properties". Click on that and then highlight the bit that says Address URL:

Paste that link into your message. Then enclose it with image tags. That means [img] at the beginning of the pasted URL, and [/img] at the end.
    2000 Jaguar X308 4.0
    1973 Jensen Interceptor Mk III 7.2
    1969 Jensen Interceptor Mk I 6.3

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi XJ220NUT

I made a thread just for you yesterday on how to add pictures:

http://www.jaguarforum.com/showthread.php?t=95049
    Rory - Jaguar Forum Administrator - Help Support the Forum

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi everyone. New XJ220 owner in NY. I've been collecting and racing exotic/vintage cars for about 30 years and I have no idea where to start with this car. It only has 400 miles, so needs a complete recommissioning of everything but I cannot find anyone in this entire country with the correct Zytek diagnostic kit. And it runs on DOS?? Good thing DOS was the only thing around when I got my first pc in 1987. But I can't even find a DOS laptop. For various reasons cannot ship it over to Don Law in the UK. Is there anyone in this huge country who knows anything about fixing XJ220s?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Jaguar-XJ220-N_TWR 003 MY CAR.jpg 
Views:	1 
Size:	163.6 KB 
ID:	31789

5. Likes Administrator liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Great car. No point looking for a Dos PC as Dos can't run a modern PC and why use a 30+ year old one. There are some Dos emulators out there which deal with the program. Main issue is getting the communication requirements sorted. Windows doesn't do serial anymore and did the Zytek kit use a proprietary communication card?

Zytek are still very much going so why not contact them and ask who might be able to help?

Zytek Automotive
    28175 Haggerty Road Novi Michigan 48377 USA

Tel: +1 248 994 4314

Fax: +1 248 994 4315

Email: ZY_Enquiries@Conti-Engineering.com
    1998 XKR Convertible, 2004 S-type V8 SE

Post Thanks / Like
    @P700DEE- Thank you for the help. I have contacted Zytek and got a gentleman named Richard Spalding who was a newb there during the XJ220 days and he says there is one man still left there who worked on the original program for the XJ220.

There is a diagnostic kit in a blue plastic box that was given to dealers but since the car was never sold here no US dealer has one. This kit is unobtanium. Kit has an ancient Toshiba laptop, a blue module that I assume is the communications interface, and a cable with a serial connector.

The Zytek unit has a serial port. From what I've read, emulators don't work, and the factory recommended Toshiba laptop (not a Satellite which I have somewhere in my basement) running DOS or possibly Windows 3.0.

They spec an 80386 or 80486 computer, which I last had in 1995. Anything newer just runs too fast to communicate with the ecu. He is going to see if they can put some type of interface together for me. Fred Hammond of JCNA archives located one kit, owned by a guy in Vancouver (he is on many of the forums, name is Godfrey, has a maroon color 220), but apparently Godfrey can be touchy about lending or renting out his kit. So back to researching.

If I could even get a schematic of the interface one of my IT guys could probably cobble something together.

Thank you for your help, much appreciated. Hope to meet you one day. What area are you from? I'm in Westchester county, NY. Thanks again.
    Steven

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12