Thread: X-Type 2.0D classic estate Logbook section K, or Cert of Conformity,for France reg

Post Thanks / Like

X-Type 2.0D classic estate Logbook section K, or Cert of Conformity,for France reg

I wonder if anyone can help; I am in the process of registering my 2004 X-Type estate 2.0D Classic in France, from UK. Have stumbled at the last hurdle.

The UK Registration Document section K shows E11*98/14*0176*04 but this is inadequate for the French authorities, their computer system doesn't recognise it as sufficient.
    On other makes of car this would normally be enough.

Has anyone managed this in France?

Does anyone recognise those letters-numbers from section K, is there another number/letter hidden in the VIN number, Variant (RBB1), Version (5HHH H), or elsewhere?

If that fails, I will need a Certificate of Conformity, and am in discussion with Jaguar (found the number on this forum, thanks) to see if they can provide one; not likely to hear if they can before next Tuesday, nor what it will cost.

Any ideas will be much appreciated,
    John

Post Thanks / Like
    Dont bother, you will be coming home anyway!!! LoL sorry had to say that! There are a few members on here in France & not heard them mention any problems, maybe one will pop in with the answer!!
    2009 2.0D Sovereign Estate 80,000 mls, Ionian blue, Charcoal leather/cream piping & leaper logo on Headrests, Alpine premium sound, Sat nav, CD changer & ACM. 35/55w HID headlights, LED Fogs, LED indicators, EGR blanked. Blue calipers with Jag logo, front/rear Dash cams, Power fold mirrors on lock, Auto DRL/Fog changeover, Projector Puddle lights, Rear ashtray conv to USB/Aux, Andriod computer on touchscreen c/w reverse/front cameras, Twin S/S back boxes, OAP, F & R dimpled/grooved discs.

3. Likes WELSHGIT liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Euan Tausney View Post
    Dont bother, you will be coming home anyway!!!
    All the more reason to stay there
    Current. 2011 XFS Portfolio. Lunar Grey (LJZ) / Black (LEG).
    Previous. 2012 XF Premium Luxury. Remapped 307 BHP / 449 lb/ft. Italian Racing Red (CAH) / Barley
    Previous. 2005 55 reg 06MY 2.0D Sovereign. Jaguar Racing Green - HGZ.
    In storage.1988 Daimler XJ40. Bordeaux Red / Doeskin.

Post Thanks / Like

side-track: what X Types would have DSC and EBA

Quote Originally Posted by Billy2Jags View Post
    All the more reason to stay there
    Seeing that two comments derive from Soverign owners, might I ask if you know which X Type estate models would have DSC and EBA ? I have traction control, but have owned a Merc 220 with the equivalent stability control & brake-assist. The safety aspects of these two electronic aids would sway me onto a different X Type
    version, were that situation ever to occur.

Thanks for your encouragement about domicile, think we'll hang on here until the dust settles................moving to Scotland may become an option !
    Best wishes,
    John

Post Thanks / Like
    Sport premium spec was the only one to have dsc and eba as standard.
    Options on se and sovereign.
    Current. 2011 XFS Portfolio. Lunar Grey (LJZ) / Black (LEG).
    Previous. 2012 XF Premium Luxury. Remapped 307 BHP / 449 lb/ft. Italian Racing Red (CAH) / Barley
    Previous. 2005 55 reg 06MY 2.0D Sovereign. Jaguar Racing Green - HGZ.
    In storage.1988 Daimler XJ40. Bordeaux Red / Doeskin.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Billy2Jags View Post
    Sport premium spec was the only one to have dsc and eba as standard.
    Options on se and sovereign.
    Thanks for that information. Jaguar thmselves couldn't tell me that !
    John

Post Thanks / Like
    Mine has DSC from new!!

Post Thanks / Like
    I think EBA was standard on all cars as well? The DSC only became an option when they changed the centre diff.
    2001 3.0 SE Auto, Satnav, winter pack. Dark Blue, all the toys.
    2004 3.0 Sovereign Estate. Winter pack. Fixed. For Sale.
    2005 Estate X type 2.2 Sport.
    2000 V8 3.2 XJ8 LWB. "Prom" car. Lovely. Should sell this one too really...
    2005 "AllyCat", 3.0 XJ6 SE.
    2000 S type 4.0 V8. Latest toy.
    VFR800A and a VFR 800F

Still beating cancer. Trevor 2, Cancer 0.

Sure I took the Red pill....

Post Thanks / Like

The answer to the Logbook D.2 question, and immatriculation into France

EBA isn't standard on all cars; I looked mine up and it is listed as not having EBA.
    The look-up site is here (put in your VIN number) https://www.etis.ford.com/vehicleReg...A9.eccvas1900b

And incidentally, this is an interesting site with free information (scroll right down to the bottom) Totalcarcheck.co.uk

To conclude my own question about Certificates of Conformity from Jaguar, and what the detailed car should be on a UK log book to enter into France, I got an excellent service from Jaguar, for £100, which got me two copies (one in French) and included it DHL'd to me in France.
    Jaguar and Land Rover Certificate of Conformity Application Form.doc This attachment should be the application form.

The "missing" part of the UK log book is type CF1 as can be seen on the attached party copy of the Certificate. That was all I needed to depend on the UK log book alone, with no Cert of Conformity.

For my car the (d.2) Type Variant Version is CF1RBB15HHHH, and the Code National d'Identification for Europe (CNIT) is MJA5504HE154

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Jag Cert of Conformity detail.jpg 
Views:	3 
Size:	513.0 KB 
ID:	18474

Post Thanks / Like
    says the same thing on https://www.checkcardetails.co.uk