Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Ideas for Jaguar meet event 2017

Post Thanks / Like

Ideas for Jaguar meet event 2017

Hi all,
    well the Crieff event went very well I thought, most seemed to have a great day as far as I can tell, see details again here.....http://www.jaguarforum.com/showthread.php?t=89174

The impromptu quickly put together "Highest pub in England meet" last week for XJ X350/X358 only was also a success, although on a smaller scale of course, see here....http://www.jaguarforum.com/showthread.php?t=92509

I'm thinking / considering putting something together for next year, maybe something a little different.

Maybe we could look to change locations and do something different? I'll get my thinking cap on....
    It had crossed my mind though about checking out the "Northcoast 500"

It's 500 miles of North Scottish coastline, some stunning scenery and great driving roads too. I'm wondering if it's something we could cover in say 3 days / 2 nights and make a weekend of it.
    Essentially looking at an extended meet with a much larger driving portion for the event, after all we're a Jaguar forum and Jags are for driving.

I could still look to see what sponsors I could get for the event and or check out possible accommodation ( of course checking around and looking for discounts and or the best places to stay )
    Just thinking out loud, maybe from the Friday to the Sunday inclusive?
    Come on your own and or bring partners etc, the more the merrier. A nice Jaguar convoy heading through the Scottish Highlands would be pretty cool.

The idea sounds great in my head, but unsure of the logistics of it and or who / how many may be interested in something like this?
    Jim
    My_XJ_X351_ownership_thread

My_XJ_X358_ownership_thread

Wife's_X_type

MY2016 ( 65 ) XJ X351 3.0d Portfolio LWB, Black, London Tan leather interior, 20" Orona alloys, picnic tables and rear multimedia
    MY2009 ( 58 ) X type 2.2d Sport Premium, Heated seats, Front & Rear park assist, Sat Nav, 18" Proteus alloys, tinted rear windows, Heko wind deflectors

2. Likes dolphinfreindly liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Depending on when it is, Jim, I'd be up for the 500..
    Was thinking to do it at some stage in any case, but would be great with a decent group of cars & people
    If you'd like me to help with a bit research or something, please let me know. I think there's a lot of info on the web already, but it takes time to filter it all out...

If the 500 turns out impractical or undesirable, I'm keen to join a few more meets in future in any case.

All the best
    Simon.
    2003 X350 Super V8 SWB

The mid term history threads:
    Previous history, with red wheel of doom on page 1!
    Recent history - the, erm, "Tibbles" thread.

Still wafting

4. Thanks JimC64 thanked for this post
    Likes JimC64, Andylandy, dolphinfreindly liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Super350 View Post
    Depending on when it is, Jim, I'd be up for the 500..
    Was thinking to do it at some stage in any case, but would be great with a decent group of cars & people
    If you'd like me to help with a bit research or something, please let me know. I think there's a lot of info on the web already, but it takes time to filter it all out...

If the 500 turns out impractical or undesirable, I'm keen to join a few more meets in future in any case.

All the best
    Simon.
    Thanks Simon, good to hear from you and appreciate your enthusiasm.

The NC500 may turn out to be impractical, but one helluva Jag meet / convoy run it'd be!!!!
    Time will tell, we'll see I guess, either way it's definitely on my bucket list

As far as this or any other meets go, I have a listing first and foremost of those who have either attended previous meets, and or expressed an interest. These guys ( such as yourself ) will automatically be notified either by text / pm or email with the suggestion / invite and we'll build from there.

Thanks
    Jim

Wife's_X_type

MY2016 ( 65 ) XJ X351 3.0d Portfolio LWB, Black, London Tan leather interior, 20" Orona alloys, picnic tables and rear multimedia
    MY2009 ( 58 ) X type 2.2d Sport Premium, Heated seats, Front & Rear park assist, Sat Nav, 18" Proteus alloys, tinted rear windows, Heko wind deflectors

Post Thanks / Like
    Northcoast 500 road trip / forum meet / drive
    Check it out HERE..... www.northcoast500.com

I'm thinking / considering putting something together for next year, maybe something a little different.
    Maybe we could look to change locations and do something different? I'll get my thinking cap on....

It's 500 miles of North Scottish coastline, some stunning scenery and great driving roads too. I'm wondering if it's something we could cover in say 3 days / 2 nights and make a weekend of it.
    Essentially looking at an extended meet with a much larger driving portion for the event, after all we're a Jaguar forum and Jags are for driving.

I could still look to see what sponsors I could get for the event and or check out possible accommodation ( of course checking around and looking for discounts and or the best places to stay )
    Come on your own and or bring partners etc, the more the merrier. A nice Jaguar convoy heading through the Scottish Highlands would be pretty cool.

The idea sounds great in my head, but unsure of the logistics of it and or who / how many may be interested in something like this?

1. JimC64
    2. Super350
    3. Caldoofy

Wife's_X_type

Post Thanks / Like

1. JimC64
    2. Super350
    3. Caldoofy
    4. Jaguar-girl

Jim

Wife's_X_type

Post Thanks / Like

1. JimC64
    2. Super350
    3. Caldoofy
    4. Jaguar-girl
    5. Jaguar42064 +1
    6. Nichol*2010 +1

Jim

Wife's_X_type

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Jim,

Definitely interested. PLease let me know if you move forward and/or if you would like some help.

Regards,

Bob T
    MY2007 XJR - Frost Blue - Middle East spec - LHD
    MY2017 Suzuki Vitara - the Tonka Truck

10. Likes JimC64 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

1. JimC64
    2. Super350
    3. Caldoofy
    4. Jaguar-girl
    5. Jaguar42064 +1
    6. Nichol*2010 +1
    7. TheZig +1
    8. I-MNL +1
    9. Rob M600 RJC +1
    10.XJREcosse

Jim

Wife's_X_type

Post Thanks / Like

1. JimC64
    2. Super350
    3. Caldoofy
    4. Jaguar-girl
    5. Jaguar42064 +1
    6. Nichol*2010 +1
    7. TheZig +1
    8. I-MNL +1
    9. Rob M600 RJC +1
    10.XJREcosse
    11.Broadwayblueshirt +1

Jim

Wife's_X_type

Post Thanks / Like
    Saw these, between 4 and 8 days

http://handluggageonly.co.uk/2015/05...s-of-scotland/

https://www.wildernessscotland.com/a...rth-coast-500/

Also

https://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Attrac..._Scotland.html

http://www.alongdustyroads.com/posts...tland-planning

http://www.alongdustyroads.com/posts...orth-coast-500

From England and Wales is a 9 hour drive, probably 12 with meals etc, so those would need an additional day to travel there and another for the return
    XF SV8 A - USB 2 - B&W 440W - Parking Aid Pack with Rear Camera - CAT Suspension - TPMS - 20" Volans - Headlamp Powerwash - Rain Sensitive Wipers - Xenon Headlights - Heated Windscreen - Intrusion Sensing - Navigation with DRG and TIS - ACC - Forward Alert - Memory Function - Blind Spot Monitor - Bluetooth Connectivity - Automatic Headlamp Leveling - JaguarVoice

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast