Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: jaguar Xtype

andiandphil
    Quote Originally Posted by ng4xjs View Post
    My Dad is well into his 80s and still enjoys driving. Unfortunately I've so far been unable to get him out of a Merc and into a Jaguar. Even worse my mother, also in her 80s drives a Skoda

Happy Days

Nick
    They must both be retired taxi drivers.

Post Thanks / Like
    Really indianphil,my 04 2.0 diesel 85,000 miles has never let me down In 4 years of ownership,returns 60 mpg on a run,and 45 around town,3 litre petrol will be lucky to get a quarter of that mpg.its also quiet at all speeds,have you ever driven one,I bet not.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by cogs67 View Post
    Really indianphil,my 04 2.0 diesel 85,000 miles has never let me down In 4 years of ownership,returns 60 mpg on a run,and 45 around town,3 litre petrol will be lucky to get a quarter of that mpg.its also quiet at all speeds,have you ever driven one,I bet not.
    I'm sure you're correct, regarding fuel economy, but "quarter of the mpg"? I think a 3 litre petrol will get better than 12mpg!

Have you ever driven a 3 litre petrol I wonder? It begs the question about what is a real Jaguar? An asthmatic 2 litre diesel, or a rorty 3 litre petrol? Grace. space and ???
    2000 Jaguar X308 4.0
    1973 Jensen Interceptor Mk III 7.2
    1969 Jensen Interceptor Mk I 6.3

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12