Page 116 of 116 FirstFirst ... 1666106112113114115116
Results 1,151 to 1,155 of 1155

Thread: Android upgrade to Jaguar Touchscreen for XJ X350/X358, S-Type and X-Type - HOWTO

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Ben Are you going to be updating your new mod for the CD player mod with the arduino micro and DPS? I’ve done the original mod, but as you say there’s a noise from the relay.

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes I will do. What sort of noise are you experiencing? I have found that sometimes with the digital mod there can be some fast clicking noises depending on the routing of the SPDIF cables as they go out of the CD player and back again, hence adding the relay inside the CD player to keep everything contained within.

Ben
    2004 XJ X350 Super V8 LWB - Custom 19" alloys, 4 zone climate control, rear business trays

JagDroid - Android upgrade to Jaguar Touchscreen for XJ X350/X358, S-Type and X-Type - forum thread HOWTO and website: http://www.jagdroid.org

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by benwillcox View Post
    Yes I will do. What sort of noise are you experiencing? I have found that sometimes with the digital mod there can be some fast clicking noises depending on the routing of the SPDIF cables as they go out of the CD player and back again, hence adding the relay inside the CD player to keep everything contained within.

Ben
    I think they call it dc thump. I have the premium sound system. I have read that putting 10k resistors on the audo inputs can help?
    With my headunit mod, i managed to use the original screen's metal frame to secure the new screen. The old screen just has a couple of tiny screws then it all unclips easily, it just needed some plastic packers at the back then screws back in as original.

Post Thanks / Like
    Ah if you mean when switching between CD and Aux-in then yes there can be a loud-ish click through the speakers, not quite sure how to avoid that.
    My new method doesn't change this - I rarely (i.e. never) use the CD mode on mine and always have it on the Odroid input so I don't really hear it.

Ben
    2004 XJ X350 Super V8 LWB - Custom 19" alloys, 4 zone climate control, rear business trays

JagDroid - Android upgrade to Jaguar Touchscreen for XJ X350/X358, S-Type and X-Type - forum thread HOWTO and website: http://www.jagdroid.org

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by benwillcox View Post
    Ah if you mean when switching between CD and Aux-in then yes there can be a loud-ish click through the speakers, not quite sure how to avoid that.
    My new method doesn't change this - I rarely (i.e. never) use the CD mode on mine and always have it on the Odroid input so I don't really hear it.

Ben
    I did read that muting the sound for a ms could stop that! Can the arduino adjust the sound?

Page 116 of 116 FirstFirst ... 1666106112113114115116