Page 117 of 117 FirstFirst ... 1767107113114115116117
Results 1,161 to 1,166 of 1166

Thread: Android upgrade to Jaguar Touchscreen for XJ X350/X358, S-Type and X-Type - HOWTO

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jaguaruk View Post
    what year x-type do you have
    Mines an 08 but the unit I'm wanting to mod is from an 06.
    2008 X Type 2.2d SE Auto Estate. Black, F/R Parking sensors, Auto Lights, Auto Wipers, Headlight Washers, Sat Nav 2012 update, 17 in Wheels, 107K Mods:- Auto fold mirrors - Windows Tinted - Wheels Refurbished and coated Black - Now I need to work out how to install JagDroid

Post Thanks / Like
    you mean here

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Karl_1965 View Post
    I now have a single cd player (digital) and I want to start by doing the aux in modification to test my skills.

I have the same aux cable as shown on Ben's site red wire, white wire, and two green wires.

Following the pictures on Ben's site I can see where the white and green wires get soldered and where to attach the strip of pvc tape.

My question is where does the red wire from the aux cable get soldered to?

Do I still need the pull down resistor or is this part of the Odroid modification.

Also as I never bother with cd's in the car do I still need to cut the left and right tracks on the carriage unit?
    Are you following the instructions here: https://jaguar.willcoxonline.com/part-4 ?

If you have Standard audio then you need to do the digital version of the mod, but then to connect an analogue source like a phone etc you'll need to add an Analogue to Digital converter like this one: https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B002AL4X...013&th=1&psc=1

The red wire from the aux cable doesn't connect anywhere when you do the digital mod, it's only used for the analogue stereo mod. In fact I now use a single phono socket rather than a 3.5mm stereo jack for this, then you just get a ground and signal wire. You should add the pulldown resistor otherwise you'll get crackling and clicking when the aux-in is not connected. Don't cut the tracks but insulate with tape as shown in my link.

Ben
    2004 XJ X350 Super V8 LWB - Custom 19" alloys, 4 zone climate control, rear business trays

JagDroid - Android upgrade to Jaguar Touchscreen for XJ X350/X358, S-Type and X-Type - forum thread HOWTO and website: http://www.jagdroid.org

4. Thanks Karl_1965 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks Ben I've spent all day re-reading the entire thread (all 117 pages) looking for the answer never crossed my mind that I wouldn't be using a stereo cable . Also thanks for the converter link guess it's time to hit the credit cards again.
    2008 X Type 2.2d SE Auto Estate. Black, F/R Parking sensors, Auto Lights, Auto Wipers, Headlight Washers, Sat Nav 2012 update, 17 in Wheels, 107K Mods:- Auto fold mirrors - Windows Tinted - Wheels Refurbished and coated Black - Now I need to work out how to install JagDroid

Post Thanks / Like
    Like many on here I've long wanted to do this mod, and bring my x type touch screen into the smart-phone era, having already retro-fitted the touch screen and nav.

Seems like a good idea to wait for the updated guide though, mainly for the newer capacitive screen for multi-touch.

I have started sourcing a 2nd screen unit and other parts that don't seem like they would change after the update.

Can't wait!
    Jaguar X-Type 2.0 d in silver from March 2004

Post Thanks / Like
    adding the capacitive screen is not that bad to do,if you go back some threads i posted it has what you need
    Last edited by jaguaruk; 23-01-19 at 03:02.

Page 117 of 117 FirstFirst ... 1767107113114115116117