Page 118 of 118 FirstFirst ... 1868108114115116117118
Results 1,171 to 1,175 of 1175

Thread: Android upgrade to Jaguar Touchscreen for XJ X350/X358, S-Type and X-Type - HOWTO

Post Thanks / Like
    Reading this thread avidly. Does anyone here offer a programming service for the RTD board, or want to sell their programmer if they're no longer using it?
    2004 X-Type 3.0 Executive Estate, Pacific Blue with Champagne Leather and CarPC install.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by benwillcox View Post
    Hi John, the schematic does not represent the physical pin layout in terms of how many pins each side. You need to follow the pin numbers in brackets. On an 8 pin DIL package the dot or notch denotes pin 1, hold the device with the dot or notch to your left then on the bottom row from left to right it counts up through to pin 4, then directly up to the top row is pin 5 and follow to your left to go through to pin 8. (As shown in the datasheet here: https://manualzz.com/doc/11368098/il...or-output--sin...
    Does that make sense?

Ben
    Hello Ben, I read the whole thread and I am ready to make the conversion of the system. In fact I already have the Odroid C2, although I will test with an Android TV Box 2/16 Gb that allows instant suspension and wake-up.
    But I have an idea that I find interesting, which is to modify the front of the screen module with fiberglass and install a 9-inch display. The problem that arises is to obtain a XY position signal compatible with the original equipment, from a 9-inch resistive tactile, superimposed on the capacitive that would go to the Odroid. Would it be feasible to generate a correct output using an arduino as an interface?

Logically, if I can make the mold adapted to a 9-inch screen, I would make fronts to adapt them to other identical cars.

12 years ago I installed a CarPC in a Ford Cougar modifying the location of the original radio and the climate control.

Before

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2007-03-27 22.23.29.jpg 
Views:	3 
Size:	250.4 KB 
ID:	30047
    After

Name:	2007-07-05 20.53.08 b.jpg 
Views:	2 
Size:	185.1 KB 
ID:	30048

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by TheJokerman View Post
    I have an idea that I find interesting, which is to modify the front of the screen module with fiberglass and install a 9-inch display.
    8.9" is the maximum you can fit within the metal cage that holds the standard Navigation unit. I chopped down a standard double-DIN unit to fit mine:

Name:	2ublceS.jpg 
Size:	498.1 KB 
ID:	30049
    Even then, there's an edge of nearly 10pixels (@1024 resolution) that doesn't get shown, and I'm not sure how you'd create that padding in the Android frontend. My system is a Windows-based frontend built on .NET so it was a bit easier to manipulate.
    2004 X-Type 3.0 Executive Estate, Pacific Blue with Champagne Leather and CarPC install.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Grrrmachine View Post
    8.9" is the maximum you can fit within the metal cage that holds the standard Navigation unit. I chopped down a standard double-DIN unit to fit mine:

Name:	2ublceS.jpg 
Size:	498.1 KB 
ID:	30049
    Even then, there's an edge of nearly 10pixels (@1024 resolution) that doesn't get shown, and I'm not sure how you'd create that padding in the Android frontend. My system is a Windows-based frontend built on .NET so it was a bit easier to manipulate.

Hello Grrrmachine, I think I have not explained myself correctly...

My car has original Jaguar navigator and I want to keep this system, bluetooth handsfree, original radio and climate control management with screen.

I have measured the front of my radio, and to use a 9-inch screen you should move the keypads, while an 8-inch screen could be done more easily, even by cutting the bezel off the original screen.

The real difficulty I have is to adapt an 8-inch touch interface to interact with the original navigation system and radio controls.

Post Thanks / Like
    JokerMan, I understood what you meant. I just wanted to demonstrate the physical limitations of the available space, especially in an X-type. The whole width of the console might appear sufficient to fit a 9" screen in, but once you factor in the size and shape of the mounting chassis, the physical dimensions of the existing NAV unit, and those fat chunky buttons, you run out of space behind the fascia extremely quickly. I suspect an 8" screen would be a much easier solution, and I'd have thought that both the OpenRTD project and the Odroid build of Android 6.0 upwards would have solved any resolution issues by now.

Page 118 of 118 FirstFirst ... 1868108114115116117118