Page 120 of 120 FirstFirst ... 2070110116117118119120
Results 1,191 to 1,195 of 1195

Thread: Android upgrade to Jaguar Touchscreen for XJ X350/X358, S-Type and X-Type - HOWTO

Post Thanks / Like
    The NAV doesn't even have maps for Poland, which is why I ripped it all out and fitted a Windows 10 solution in the first place But now all of that is falling apart at the seams so a SoC solution running android makes more sense. I've already got half of the parts (including an arduino intercepting the steering wheel controls), so it'll be interesting to see what Ben's latest developments are, especially the Arduino sketch and relays inside the CD unit.
    2004 X-Type 3.0 Executive Estate, Pacific Blue with Champagne Leather and CarPC install.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hey all,

@Norv I've decided to take a break from doing any conversions for anyone else I'm afraid.

Grrrmachine, always useful to have more info if you want to post up about your CD changer experiments. I'm happy with my current CD mod but always good to have other options.
    I'm wondering how do you adjust your climate control etc if you have removed the DVD-NAV drive?

Thanks,
    Ben
    2004 XJ X350 Super V8 LWB - Custom 19" alloys, 4 zone climate control, rear business trays

JagDroid - Android upgrade to Jaguar Touchscreen for XJ X350/X358, S-Type and X-Type - forum thread HOWTO and website: http://www.jagdroid.org

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Ben,

I've got a spare screen now and no time to even try and source the parts for a while (just started some building work) Don't fancy doing one last one with no time constraints? Going from a full android unit to just the FM stereo is killing me on my commute!

The more I've read about your latest revisions the better the system looks to be. Really impressed with it.

Cheers,
    Mark

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by benwillcox View Post
    I'm wondering how do you adjust your climate control etc if you have removed the DVD-NAV drive?
    I "downgraded" my HVAC system to the non-touch version, which I mounted above my 9" touchscreen:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	CarPC.png 
Views:	1 
Size:	670.6 KB 
ID:	30313

This connects directly to the RCCM that MarkFY mentioned, which is why I was surprised that the DVD/NAV unit in the boot is required.
    I've been fitting CarPCs for nearly 15 years now and one of my biggest gripes has always been fiddling with a touchscreen for temperature and fan control, so this solution gave the best user experience for me. But I'm willing to trade that now if I get to use Google Maps instead of Mapfactor Navigator.

If I PM you my email, can you forward me your arduino sketches so I can see how you've split them?
    2004 X-Type 3.0 Executive Estate, Pacific Blue with Champagne Leather and CarPC install.

Post Thanks / Like
    And here's the CD changer's main circuit board:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1x43_18c830_ac.jpg 
Views:	2 
Size:	400.3 KB 
ID:	30314
    This is from the changer 1X43-18C830-AC. The main chips are the standard MN6627 (actually an MN6627481RPM) twinned with an AN880SB to control the CD reader and servos. There's BA5917FP which (I think) is a power/amplifier chip, and the real puzzle is the large Ireland IC (51T35486Y03) which I can't find any info on. I suspect this bad boy is the actual audio controller, especially since it has a number of paths directly to the external optical board (which connects via the ribbon connector in the top left corner).

I'll play around with it, but at first glance there's no connection points that are as convenient as what Ben found in the standard dash-mounted CD player; especially since the CD changer is a real bugger to disassemble.

Page 120 of 120 FirstFirst ... 2070110116117118119120