Page 121 of 122 FirstFirst ... 2171111117118119120121122 LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,210 of 1215

Thread: Android upgrade to Jaguar Touchscreen for XJ X350/X358, S-Type and X-Type - HOWTO

Post Thanks / Like
    Well, that was easy...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	rw6M8gZ.jpg 
Views:	8 
Size:	142.4 KB 
ID:	30836
    8 different connectors to the Arduino, 2 optoisolators, 2 relay boards, and god knows how many crimped wire connections to make it all removable for servicing. The X-Type nav unit (without the TV board) isn't as roomy at the back, so it's more effort to squeeze everything in.
    2004 X-Type 3.0 Executive Estate, Pacific Blue with Champagne Leather and CarPC install.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quick question on the latest mod to the cd player. I've not started on the JagDroid at all, I just have the standard Jaguar Audio system (ie non Alpine).

Do you need a physical USB cable between the CD player mod and my phone, or does it connect via bluetooth?
    2009 (09) X-Type 2.2d SE Auto, Barbados Alloys Trim: Leather Ivory St Oyster Upr R/Wood 09 Paint: Tektite 2063 Grey. The longer I own it, the more I love it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by rob1966 View Post
    Quick question on the latest mod to the cd player. I've not started on the JagDroid at all, I just have the standard Jaguar Audio system (ie non Alpine).

Do you need a physical USB cable between the CD player mod and my phone, or does it connect via bluetooth?
    The CD player mod gives you either a digital SP/DIF input or analogue, depending on which version of the mod you use. If you want an analogue input then go with the 'Premium Audio' version of the mod. You can then either connect a 3.5mm audio cable to your phone, or use a bluetooth adapter with a line-level output.

The track skipping function (using steering wheel controls, or the headunit buttons) uses USB, to control the Odroid (or any other) single-board-computer as used by JagDroid.
    Last edited by MarkFY; 09-06-19 at 10:50.
    X-Type Sport 2.5 V6 AWD Auto MY2002 79K miles Platinum Cranberry leather sports seats

www.xtype.uk

Retrofits: Climate Control (from manual ac), touch screen, LED interior, facelift multi-function steering wheel, bluetooth, voice, message centre, facelift center console/sliding arm rest, ACM, facelift door cards, powerfold mirrors, powerfold on lock, clear side repeaters, puddle lights, rear electric windows, parking aid, 'JagDroid' Android, front/rear cameras, Nextbase Duo Dashcam

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkFY View Post
    The CD player mod gives you either a digital SP/DIF input or analogue, depending on which version of the mod you use. If you want an analogue input then go with the 'Premium Audio' version of the mod. You can then either connect a 3.5mm audio cable to your phone, or use a bluetooth adapter with a line-level output.

The track skipping function (using steering wheel controls, or the headunit buttons) uses USB, to control the Odroid (or any other) single-board-computer as used by JagDroid.
    Thanks for the reply.
    2009 (09) X-Type 2.2d SE Auto, Barbados Alloys Trim: Leather Ivory St Oyster Upr R/Wood 09 Paint: Tektite 2063 Grey. The longer I own it, the more I love it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by rob1966 View Post
    If you do the basic mod to the CD player to add the AUX IN cable, you could easily connect that up to a cheap bluetooth receiver like this one:
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/Bluetooth-R.../dp/B00Y29NXEA

That would give you bluetooth streaming over CD with no need to implement the full JagDroid solution, if that's all you wanted.
    2004 X-Type 3.0 Executive Estate, Pacific Blue with Champagne Leather and CarPC install.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Grrrmachine View Post
    If you do the basic mod to the CD player to add the AUX IN cable, you could easily connect that up to a cheap bluetooth receiver like this one:

That would give you bluetooth streaming over CD with no need to implement the full JagDroid solution, if that's all you wanted.
    I'm sure that's just what I recommended two days ago.
    X-Type Sport 2.5 V6 AWD Auto MY2002 79K miles Platinum Cranberry leather sports seats

www.xtype.uk

Retrofits: Climate Control (from manual ac), touch screen, LED interior, facelift multi-function steering wheel, bluetooth, voice, message centre, facelift center console/sliding arm rest, ACM, facelift door cards, powerfold mirrors, powerfold on lock, clear side repeaters, puddle lights, rear electric windows, parking aid, 'JagDroid' Android, front/rear cameras, Nextbase Duo Dashcam

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Grrrmachine View Post

Cheers mate.

I will be doing the JagDroid conversion at some point, I've got the replacement touchscreen unit to update but I wouldn't mind doing the CD mod for now until I get the time. I've loads of jobs around the house to do, one motorbike to service/refresh/get through an MOT, another that has been apart since 2010 that I want to rebuild and a few other things to get on with. There are a few mods I want to do to the Jag too I need to fit in.

Post Thanks / Like
    I test-fitted my unit in the car this weekend, ripping out my previous carPC install in the process.

Partial success, partial failure. I've got the unit powering up, and when I press the buttons I can hear the touchscreen relay clicking if I press NAV versus the other 4 control buttons (phone, AUDIO etc). However, I'm not getting any response from the screen - it sits on the same input channel that I previously selected using the RTD's control board.

So I pulled it out and tested all the wiring. There's definitely a connection between the Arduino's SDA/SCL pins and the RTD board, because when I reflash the Arduino the SOURCE light on the RTD's control board blinks in a corresponding pattern (which is pretty to look at, but not very helpful). If I set the source to VGA then the RTD detects something as an input, so the wiring from the RTD's VGA pins must be working too (although there's nothing on the screen because the nav unit is on my desk!). But the lack of video input switching has got me flummoxed.

I flashed the RTD with the approved Adafruit programmer from the ROVAtool site, and the Flash-546.bin file from ben's website, with no problems. The RTD board is powered directly from the AUX 12V and GND pins from the back of the nav unit, and the SDA/SCL connections are going to the Leonardo's dedicated SCA/SCL pins instead of digipins 2 and 3 (although this shouldn't be a problem since the Arduino wiring diagram shows that they're hard-wired together). Has anyone got any ideas what the problem might be?

Post Thanks / Like
    Not too sure what could be causing this, other than the obvious of checking that the SDA/SCL connections are not reversed, or shorting together/to another pin, or perhaps the RTD board itself has a fault? I don't recall ever seeing the source light flashing when programming the Arduino, although it could be because I've not looked or not had it connected at the time.

Ben
    2004 XJ X350 Super V8 LWB - Custom 19" alloys, 4 zone climate control, rear business trays

JagDroid - Android upgrade to Jaguar Touchscreen for XJ X350/X358, S-Type and X-Type - forum thread HOWTO and website: http://www.jagdroid.org

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm trawling the thread to see what I might have missed. I don't remember installing the i2c library, but I've been using the Arduino IDE since about 2014 so I probably installed it at some point, and the sketch wouldn't compile without it as far as I know.
    Someone else (Henri?) suggested making a direct ground from the Arduino to the RTD board, but since both boards are wired to the Nav panel's power and ground pins, I don't think that would be an issue. I can try re-flashing again in case I missed something, but otherwise it's back to the PITA job of soldering that ****** smd resistor array again.

Page 121 of 122 FirstFirst ... 2171111117118119120121122 LastLast