Page 121 of 121 FirstFirst ... 2171111117118119120121
Results 1,201 to 1,206 of 1206

Thread: Android upgrade to Jaguar Touchscreen for XJ X350/X358, S-Type and X-Type - HOWTO

Post Thanks / Like
    Well, that was easy...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	rw6M8gZ.jpg 
Views:	5 
Size:	142.4 KB 
ID:	30836
    8 different connectors to the Arduino, 2 optoisolators, 2 relay boards, and god knows how many crimped wire connections to make it all removable for servicing. The X-Type nav unit (without the TV board) isn't as roomy at the back, so it's more effort to squeeze everything in.
    2004 X-Type 3.0 Executive Estate, Pacific Blue with Champagne Leather and CarPC install.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quick question on the latest mod to the cd player. I've not started on the JagDroid at all, I just have the standard Jaguar Audio system (ie non Alpine).

Do you need a physical USB cable between the CD player mod and my phone, or does it connect via bluetooth?
    2009 (09) X-Type 2.2d SE Auto, Barbados Alloys Trim: Leather Ivory St Oyster Upr R/Wood 09 Paint: Tektite 2063 Grey. The longer I own it, the more I love it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by rob1966 View Post
    Quick question on the latest mod to the cd player. I've not started on the JagDroid at all, I just have the standard Jaguar Audio system (ie non Alpine).

Do you need a physical USB cable between the CD player mod and my phone, or does it connect via bluetooth?
    The CD player mod gives you either a digital SP/DIF input or analogue, depending on which version of the mod you use. If you want an analogue input then go with the 'Premium Audio' version of the mod. You can then either connect a 3.5mm audio cable to your phone, or use a bluetooth adapter with a line-level output.

The track skipping function (using steering wheel controls, or the headunit buttons) uses USB, to control the Odroid (or any other) single-board-computer as used by JagDroid.
    Last edited by MarkFY; 09-06-19 at 10:50.
    X-Type Sport 2.5 V6 AWD Auto 2002MY 79K miles Platinum Cranberry leather sports seats.

www.xtype.uk

Retrofits: Climate Control (from manual ac), touch screen, LED interior, facelift multi-function steering wheel, bluetooth, voice, message centre, facelift center console/sliding arm rest, ACM, facelift door cards, powerfold mirrors, powerfold on lock, clear side repeaters, puddle lights, rear electric windows, 'JagDroid' Android, parking sensors, front/rear cameras, Nextbase Duo Dashcam

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkFY View Post
    The CD player mod gives you either a digital SP/DIF input or analogue, depending on which version of the mod you use. If you want an analogue input then go with the 'Premium Audio' version of the mod. You can then either connect a 3.5mm audio cable to your phone, or use a bluetooth adapter with a line-level output.

The track skipping function (using steering wheel controls, or the headunit buttons) uses USB, to control the Odroid (or any other) single-board-computer as used by JagDroid.
    Thanks for the reply.
    2009 (09) X-Type 2.2d SE Auto, Barbados Alloys Trim: Leather Ivory St Oyster Upr R/Wood 09 Paint: Tektite 2063 Grey. The longer I own it, the more I love it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by rob1966 View Post
    If you do the basic mod to the CD player to add the AUX IN cable, you could easily connect that up to a cheap bluetooth receiver like this one:
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/Bluetooth-R.../dp/B00Y29NXEA

That would give you bluetooth streaming over CD with no need to implement the full JagDroid solution, if that's all you wanted.
    2004 X-Type 3.0 Executive Estate, Pacific Blue with Champagne Leather and CarPC install.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Grrrmachine View Post
    If you do the basic mod to the CD player to add the AUX IN cable, you could easily connect that up to a cheap bluetooth receiver like this one:
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/Bluetooth-R.../dp/B00Y29NXEA

That would give you bluetooth streaming over CD with no need to implement the full JagDroid solution, if that's all you wanted.
    I'm sure that's just what I recommended two days ago.
    X-Type Sport 2.5 V6 AWD Auto 2002MY 79K miles Platinum Cranberry leather sports seats.

www.xtype.uk

Retrofits: Climate Control (from manual ac), touch screen, LED interior, facelift multi-function steering wheel, bluetooth, voice, message centre, facelift center console/sliding arm rest, ACM, facelift door cards, powerfold mirrors, powerfold on lock, clear side repeaters, puddle lights, rear electric windows, 'JagDroid' Android, parking sensors, front/rear cameras, Nextbase Duo Dashcam

Page 121 of 121 FirstFirst ... 2171111117118119120121