Page 122 of 122 FirstFirst ... 2272112118119120121122
Results 1,211 to 1,215 of 1215

Thread: Android upgrade to Jaguar Touchscreen for XJ X350/X358, S-Type and X-Type - HOWTO

Post Thanks / Like
    Might be a stupid question and/or answered before, but how do you power up your units when on the bench? I don't have a spare car battery lying about.
    2009 (09) X-Type 2.2d SE Auto, Barbados Alloys Trim: Leather Ivory St Oyster Upr R/Wood 09 Paint: Tektite 2063 Grey. The longer I own it, the more I love it.

Post Thanks / Like
    I started out just using a bench supply like this:

Then I built my own test rig which uses a 12v 4A power supply:

The Red switch simulates the battery being connected, the Green switch simulates the ignition switch. The red meter is supply voltage, the blue meter is current measured to a resolution of 1mA.
    The red push button simulates the interior light coming on or the reverse camera trigger, depending on where I have plugged in the 2 pin cable.
    There is a mini-speaker inside the enclosure which I use for testing Standard audio systems, and with the toggle switch on the top I can switch off the speaker when I'm testing Premium audio systems (amplifier located under my bench, along with my test DVD-NAV drive).
    I can also test steering wheel controls using the steering wheel buttons tied into the wiring loom.

Ben
    2004 XJ X350 Super V8 LWB - Custom 19" alloys, 4 zone climate control, rear business trays

JagDroid - Android upgrade to Jaguar Touchscreen for XJ X350/X358, S-Type and X-Type - forum thread HOWTO and website: http://www.jagdroid.org

3. Likes Jimbov8, MarkFY liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by rob1966 View Post
    Might be a stupid question and/or answered before, but how do you power up your units when on the bench? I don't have a spare car battery lying about.
    Got to say, Ben's custom psu has to be the ultimate for building and testing JagDroid.

I just used a spare ATX PC power supply unit... stripped out the connectors motherboard, hard drive and pci-e connectors and just connected up to the 12V and 5V rails. Did the job for me... but then I did give up converting my own unit and left it for Ben to work his wonders.

This may be of interest, if you have a spare ATX psu lying around... https://www.electronics-tutorials.ws...ch-supply.html
    X-Type Sport 2.5 V6 AWD Auto MY2002 79K miles Platinum Cranberry leather sports seats

www.xtype.uk

Retrofits: Climate Control (from manual ac), touch screen, LED interior, facelift multi-function steering wheel, bluetooth, voice, message centre, facelift center console/sliding arm rest, ACM, facelift door cards, powerfold mirrors, powerfold on lock, clear side repeaters, puddle lights, rear electric windows, parking aid, 'JagDroid' Android, front/rear cameras, Nextbase Duo Dashcam

Post Thanks / Like
    My setup is far more shonky:
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/1-pI...w?usp=drivesdk

A 12v 2.5A wall plug, with a few switches spliced in (and a fuse). The switches let me replicate permanent and switched 12V, and there's an extra barrel connector in case i need to drive the RTD or Arduino directly.
    2004 X-Type 3.0 Executive Estate, Pacific Blue with Champagne Leather and CarPC install.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by benwillcox View Post
    I started out just using a bench supply like this:

Then I built my own test rig which uses a 12v 4A power supply:

The Red switch simulates the battery being connected, the Green switch simulates the ignition switch. The red meter is supply voltage, the blue meter is current measured to a resolution of 1mA.
    The red push button simulates the interior light coming on or the reverse camera trigger, depending on where I have plugged in the 2 pin cable.
    There is a mini-speaker inside the enclosure which I use for testing Standard audio systems, and with the toggle switch on the top I can switch off the speaker when I'm testing Premium audio systems (amplifier located under my bench, along with my test DVD-NAV drive).
    I can also test steering wheel controls using the steering wheel buttons tied into the wiring loom.

Ben
    All I see is the text and two grey No Entry signs?
    2009 (09) X-Type 2.2d SE Auto, Barbados Alloys Trim: Leather Ivory St Oyster Upr R/Wood 09 Paint: Tektite 2063 Grey. The longer I own it, the more I love it.

Page 122 of 122 FirstFirst ... 2272112118119120121122