Page 130 of 131 FirstFirst ... 3080120126127128129130131 LastLast
Results 1,291 to 1,300 of 1307

Thread: Android upgrade to Jaguar Touchscreen for XJ X350/X358, S-Type and X-Type - HOWTO

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks Mark, didn’t realise my pasted link was only half the actual link!

Ben
    2004 XJ X350 Super V8 LWB - Custom 19" alloys, 4 zone climate control, rear business trays

JagDroid - Android upgrade to Jaguar Touchscreen for XJ X350/X358, S-Type and X-Type - forum thread HOWTO and website: http://www.jagdroid.org

2. Likes MarkFY liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by benwillcox View Post
    This is the type of video interface that should be suitable https://car-solutions.com/en/catalog...eo-interfaces/ but it’s still not plug and play as you need to splice it into the video connection between DVD drive and the touchscreen head unit.

Ben
    Thanks Ben, still not sure which one I want as your link to this catalogue shows 12 or more different units.

I have contacted car solutions sales and await their reply.

Thanks..................................IP
    2006 3.0Ltr. S type ..... Radiance Red Metallic, Chrome grille complete with Red and Black S Type Growler badge, fully loaded.
    Hands free smartphone connected successfully thanks to members of the forum!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkFY View Post
    I did mean to dig this out...

Specifically this unit... https://car-solutions.com/en/univers...deo-interface/
    Thanks Mark, this looks like the unit I need. I have just emailed car solutions sales and am awaiting their response.

Thanks again......................................IP
    2006 3.0Ltr. S type ..... Radiance Red Metallic, Chrome grille complete with Red and Black S Type Growler badge, fully loaded.
    Hands free smartphone connected successfully thanks to members of the forum!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Irish Pappy View Post
    Thanks Mark, this looks like the unit I need. I have just emailed car solutions sales and am awaiting their response.

Thanks again......................................IP
    it certainly is.
    X-Type Sport 2.5 V6 AWD Auto MY2002 80K miles Platinum Cranberry leather sports seats, Aguila 17in rims

www.xtype.uk - For Everything X-Type

Retrofits: Climate Control, touch screen, LED interior, facelift steering wheel, bluetooth, voice, message centre, facelift center console/sliding arm rest, ACM, facelift door cards, powerfold mirrors, powerfold on lock, clear side repeaters, puddle lights, rear electric windows, parking aid, JagDroid, front/reverse cameras, Nextbase 522GW+Rear Dashcam

Post Thanks / Like
    i used the rtd2660 board for my backup camera

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jaguaruk View Post
    i used the rtd2660 board for my backup camera
    IrishPappy was asking the question "How to fit a reverse camera without doing the JagDroid conversion?"
    X-Type Sport 2.5 V6 AWD Auto MY2002 80K miles Platinum Cranberry leather sports seats, Aguila 17in rims

Retrofits: Climate Control, touch screen, LED interior, facelift steering wheel, bluetooth, voice, message centre, facelift center console/sliding arm rest, ACM, facelift door cards, powerfold mirrors, powerfold on lock, clear side repeaters, puddle lights, rear electric windows, parking aid, JagDroid, front/reverse cameras, Nextbase 522GW+Rear Dashcam

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi. Its me, Tinca from Romania. I managed to get in touch in the end with Mr Ben. For the moment he is not available to help me with the conversion of my multimedia system. Because of this reason, I want to ask if there is anyone willing to help me with the conversion of my unit. I am not able to do this conversion by myself and I tryed to find somebody able to do it but no result, so my last chance is to come here with a public help request, hoping that maybe there is somebody to understand my situation, to understand that I like very much the conversion, but I am not capable to do it. Just to know, I want to tell you that I am ready to send my unit and everything which will be needed from my car, I am ready to send it via an express courier (Tnt, Dhl, etc), I will pay all the courier taxes, and of course I am ready to pay the help of the conversion to anybody which will be open to help me. Waiting to contact me in privare. Thank you very much in advance for your understanding. Regards

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jad0802 View Post
    Hi. Its me, Tinca from Romania. I managed to get in touch in the end with Mr Ben. For the moment he is not available to help me with the conversion of my multimedia system. Because of this reason, I want to ask if there is anyone willing to help me with the conversion of my unit. I am not able to do this conversion by myself and I tryed to find somebody able to do it but no result, so my last chance is to come here with a public help request, hoping that maybe there is somebody to understand my situation, to understand that I like very much the conversion, but I am not capable to do it. Just to know, I want to tell you that I am ready to send my unit and everything which will be needed from my car, I am ready to send it via an express courier (Tnt, Dhl, etc), I will pay all the courier taxes, and of course I am ready to pay the help of the conversion to anybody which will be open to help me. Waiting to contact me in privare. Thank you very much in advance for your understanding. Regards
    This is a project that requires some technical abilities at various points. It needs the ability to actually convert the unit. The ability to install and configure the Odroid computer. The ability to install the unit in your car. The ability and patience to troubleshoot any ongoing issues.

I think you may struggle to find someone prepared to take this on for you.

good luck.

Post Thanks / Like
    I did the last of the soldering for my v4 upgrade yesterday. Ben, here's one image that's missing from your new site so far:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20190907_213342_sm.jpg 
Views:	5 
Size:	144.9 KB 
ID:	31654

This picture shows the two wires that need to be soldered to the original LCD board. Unfortunately they're on the back of that board so you need to unscrew it from the Nav unit chassis first.

Red wire (left) is Test Point 24, which runs to the Leonardo.
    Pink wire (right) is TP79, which provides the sync signal to the RTD board.
    2004 X-Type 3.0 Executive Estate, Pacific Blue with Champagne Leather and CarPC install.

Post Thanks / Like
    Ben, can I just confirm that the current version of the v4.0 sketch mistakenly has the line "version=3.63"? I'm having trouble uploading it on my side, where the IDE either hangs or takes 10 minutes to push it through to the Leonardo. I've tried multiple boards and USB cables and still have the same issue, and even when the IDE successfully finished the upload, I don't see any changes in the board's behaviour (I was modifying the 8 pins responsible for handling button presses, and saw no change).
    2004 X-Type 3.0 Executive Estate, Pacific Blue with Champagne Leather and CarPC install.

Page 130 of 131 FirstFirst ... 3080120126127128129130131 LastLast