Page 131 of 131 FirstFirst ... 3181121127128129130131
Results 1,301 to 1,307 of 1307

Thread: Android upgrade to Jaguar Touchscreen for XJ X350/X358, S-Type and X-Type - HOWTO

Post Thanks / Like
    Ah yes that version line is incorrect, although it has no bearing on anything. I shall remove it as it has no real purpose and I always forget to update it!

Do you already have v4 loaded into the Arduino? Due to the new addition of the watchdog timer which resets the arduino if the sketch hangs for any reason, the USB upload doesn’t work directly once you have the watchdog enabled (I.e. have loaded and run v4 already). To get around the issue the Arduino needs to be reset when the sketch is uploaded. Easiest way to do this is compile and upload using the Arduino IDE as normal, and when it says ‘uploading sketch’ hold the RECIRC button for a few seconds which performs a soft reset of the Arduino and the upload should work.

Thanks,
    Ben
    2004 XJ X350 Super V8 LWB - Custom 19" alloys, 4 zone climate control, rear business trays

JagDroid - Android upgrade to Jaguar Touchscreen for XJ X350/X358, S-Type and X-Type - forum thread HOWTO and website: http://www.jagdroid.org

Post Thanks / Like
    I figured the version line was just an internal flag, but it helped me track the file in case you'd uploaded multiple versions.

And yes, that watchdog must be what's killing the upload process. The trouble was, I was trying to fix the button mapping so I wouldn't have known which button the arduino thought was RECIRC - it turns out I'd flipped two of the COL wires so CLIMATE and FAN DOWN switched behaviours!
    2004 X-Type 3.0 Executive Estate, Pacific Blue with Champagne Leather and CarPC install.

Post Thanks / Like
    You should also be able to just press the reset button on the Arduino at the right time, if it’s accessible of course!

Ben
    2004 XJ X350 Super V8 LWB - Custom 19" alloys, 4 zone climate control, rear business trays

JagDroid - Android upgrade to Jaguar Touchscreen for XJ X350/X358, S-Type and X-Type - forum thread HOWTO and website: http://www.jagdroid.org

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by benwillcox View Post
    ... if it’s accessible of course!

And there's the rub! It's not too hard to wire in another button on the outside if I need it though.
    2004 X-Type 3.0 Executive Estate, Pacific Blue with Champagne Leather and CarPC install.

Post Thanks / Like
    Not sure what's going on now, but I can't upload anything to either Leonardo that already has the v4 sketch added, regardless of how and when I press the onboard RESET button. It's not the IDE or the cables, since I can get "blink" onto a spare Uno with no problem, but these Leonardos just aren't having it.

I also can't find any reference to 8 seconds (8000 millis) anywhere in the v4 sketch, and the only time 'resetFunc' is called is when holding the RECIRC button. Can you paste the line that references this "watchdog timer"? It would be useful to comment that out during debugging the install, so that it only gets included when the rest of the config is confirmed.

In the end I had to burn a new bootloader to the Leonardo via the Uno in order to get it to accept any new sketches, so there's still a way forward!

Post Thanks / Like
    The line you need to comment out is

wdt_enable(WDTO_8S);

Which appears in the setup() and sleep() functions. For me it works if I operate the reset function just as the sketch has compiled and starts uploading to the Arduino, but there are a couple of different bootloaders out there and this may have a bearing on it.

Ben

Post Thanks / Like
    Ahh, I thought you'd written a custom function - I didn't know "wdt" was an in-built feature of the bootloader! I'll have to explore that further to see what its potential is. Thanks for the tips!

Page 131 of 131 FirstFirst ... 3181121127128129130131