Page 139 of 139 FirstFirst ... 3989129135136137138139
Results 1,381 to 1,388 of 1388

Thread: Android upgrade to Jaguar Touchscreen for XJ X350/X358, S-Type and X-Type - HOWTO

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by xion2000 View Post
    Code bypass didn't work on modded unit (I have the code for this unit as it is the original fitted to the car) so audio functions did not work but I could operate the android stuff (but no sound)
    I've removed the unit and fitted my spare, ALL appears to be working as would be expected including reading the Nav disc.
    I've removed the back panel on the modded unit but to be honest I have very little idea what I'm looking for as Ben did all my mod work. I can't see anything unplugged or obviously loose.
    HELP!
    There is a board which the hdmi connector plugs into and has a vga monitor socket on it too... above the vga socket there will be a white connector with 5 wires (I think) going into it... that’s the rgb video signal from the original system. Check that is pushed in place tightly.

have you sent Ben a message?
    X-Type 2.5 V6 Sport AWD Auto MY2002 82K miles Platinum Cranberry leather sports seats, Aguila 17in rims

www.xtype.uk - For Everything X-Type

Retrofits: Climate Control, touch screen, JagDroid, ACM, front/reverse cameras, message centre, bluetooth, voice, LED interior, facelift steering wheel, facelift center console/sliding arm rest, facelift door cards, powerfold mirrors, powerfold on lock, clear side repeaters, puddle lights, rear electric windows, parking aid, Nextbase 522GW+Rear Dashcam

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Graham, drop me an email/message and we'll get this sorted.

Cheers,
    Ben
    2004 XJ X350 Super V8 LWB - Custom 19" alloys, 4 zone climate control, rear business trays

JagDroid - Android upgrade to Jaguar Touchscreen for XJ X350/X358, S-Type and X-Type - forum thread HOWTO and website: http://www.jagdroid.org
    JagDroid-CD - Bluetooth Audio streaming upgrade for XJ X350/X358, S-Type and X-Type

Post Thanks / Like
    I got a result yesterday then ran out out time to work on it.

After swapping to my spare unit and establishing that all the cars original equipment was ok I then took the back plate of the Jagbroid unit so I could see the VGA connector. All the connections looked solid but I gave it a gentle press anyway.

I then reconnected the original equipment cables only and powered it on and much to my surprise it worked.

It really didn't feel like the vga cable was loose at all so Im wondering if the original multi connection cable was the issue as in slightly loose (I'm just guessing).

To be honest I really have no idea what it was, I have everything to reconnect today and I'm going to relocate the odroid box into the glovebox instead of under it tie wrapped in place where its been for the last 2 years, it was very neat and left me a full usable glovebox but I had not left much slack on any of the cables so disconnecting all the additional cables to remove the headunit really was a pain in the BUTT.
    2006 Jaguar S-Type 2.7 D Sport (Radiance Red)
    DPF Removal, EGR Delete & Eco+ Remap. Android Customised Touch Screen Head Unit (WiFi, Audio Bluetooth & DAB+), Reversing Camera, Front & Rear Dashcams

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks Mark for your help, I'm now in contact with Ben.
    DPF Removal, EGR Delete & Eco+ Remap. Android Customised Touch Screen Head Unit (WiFi, Audio Bluetooth & DAB+), Reversing Camera, Front & Rear Dashcams

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by xion2000 View Post
    I got a result yesterday then ran out out time to work on it.

After swapping to my spare unit and establishing that all the cars original equipment was ok I then took the back plate of the Jagbroid unit so I could see the VGA connector. All the connections looked solid but I gave it a gentle press anyway.

I then reconnected the original equipment cables only and powered it on and much to my surprise it worked.

It really didn't feel like the vga cable was loose at all so Im wondering if the original multi connection cable was the issue as in slightly loose (I'm just guessing).

To be honest I really have no idea what it was, I have everything to reconnect today and I'm going to relocate the odroid box into the glovebox instead of under it tie wrapped in place where its been for the last 2 years, it was very neat and left me a full usable glovebox but I had not left much slack on any of the cables so disconnecting all the additional cables to remove the headunit really was a pain in the BUTT.
    You're welcome. Glad to be of help.

I'm sure Ben will enlighten you

Glove box is a good idea. That's where I keep mine, having drilled a 25mm hole in the right hand side to allow cables to come through. Now in the process of upgrading the Odroid-C2 to the Odroid-N2+ and it does make things slightly easier, apart from having to fit a 12V feed from the headunit. But you can still keep most of the glovebox useable as the Odroid's can be cable tied in the corner.
    X-Type 2.5 V6 Sport AWD Auto MY2002 82K miles Platinum Cranberry leather sports seats, Aguila 17in rims

www.xtype.uk - For Everything X-Type

Retrofits: Climate Control, touch screen, JagDroid, ACM, front/reverse cameras, message centre, bluetooth, voice, LED interior, facelift steering wheel, facelift center console/sliding arm rest, facelift door cards, powerfold mirrors, powerfold on lock, clear side repeaters, puddle lights, rear electric windows, parking aid, Nextbase 522GW+Rear Dashcam

Post Thanks / Like
    Still having a few minor issues, just spent the last hour or so sat in the car and most things are working like they were before everything went pear shaped.
    BUT
    Previously no matter what app was running if I pressed the NAV button it returned my car launcher to the main screen, I cannot get this to happen now
    The android on screen navigation buttons along the bottom are not all working appart from the circle + square are not doing anything, previously the square would show me what other apps were open and the circle returned me to home screen / my default launcher.
    I use AGAMA Car Launcher as my default launcher and mainly use DAD-Z app for DAB radio, both of which I have been using for a long time.
    I've gone through all their settings and tried changing a few but no improvement.
    In the scale of things this is a minor problem but it extremely annoying
    I used to be able to run any app then return to my home screen and they would continue running in the background
    As usual ANY suggestions would be gratefully appreciated

Post Thanks / Like
    Just remembered another thing, steering wheel up / forward & down / reverse are not working but volume up / down is. SORTED NOW!!

I've tried changing the F10 setting in odroid utility for the NAV button but still no joy
    Last edited by xion2000; Yesterday at 14:41.

Post Thanks / Like
    After trying for several hours today and being unable to get several actions to complete like they did previously I carried out an andoid factory reset from within the system settings menu, it rebooted after a short period but then just hangs at the "android" message screen.

Can anyone tell me how I would go about reloading the android operating system onto my odroid unit. I left it on for over an hour and it never got beyond the "android" screen

Page 139 of 139 FirstFirst ... 3989129135136137138139