Page 148 of 149 FirstFirst ... 4898138144145146147148149 LastLast
Results 1,471 to 1,480 of 1488

Thread: Football

Post Thanks / Like
    We had 7 manager in a 6 year period 2010-2016, what a rubbish period that was. Perhaps Bruce wouldn't be my first choice but he has the respect of the player and management to get on with the job.

Could be argued that had Darren Moore been appointed earlier, WBA would have stayed up. The team seem to be working for him and in all fairness should have maybe had the 3 points at Bolton, they were a bit slow off the mark against Forest but earned the point in the last half hour. I think it takes the relegated teams a few games to realise that playing for the Championship top spot is just as competitive as playing for the Prem top spot, the financial Rewards are Mega and probably this early in the season not the ideal time for a change of manager.
    64 Plate RSport 3.0D All Black, Ceramic coated, self healing front car wrap, 19" alloys

2. Likes Ian D liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Who is this fella called House of Frazer that Mike Ashley's just bought for £90m?

Must be a good player! But didn't someone tell him the transfer deadline closed yesterday?
    2005 (55) X-type 2.0d S saloon ~ Zircon/Champagne/Belize.

Post Thanks / Like
    Good move his wife Laura makes some lovely curtains.
    64 Plate RSport 3.0D All Black, Ceramic coated, self healing front car wrap, 19" alloys

5. Likes Rowley_1812 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    What a great atmosphere sold out at our first home game 34,333 came to watch, the upper Trinity Rd stand is not open yet which could have added another 8,000 or so. Cracking game, Wigan were really up for it. Jedinek gifted them a goal with a pass that didn't reach the keeper and allowed Powell to get to it first. Why Bruce plays this guy as a centre back is absolutely beyond me, completely out of position.
    The shining light of the day was new signing John McGinn what a class act, some real magic between him and Grealish. We nicked the winner in the last minute of extra time so got the 3 points which we probably deserved, just.

Post Thanks / Like
    Scrappy win for Spurs today, but 3 points is a good start. I didn't realise Spurs players played more combined minutes in the world cup than any other club. But to be honest, i can't buy into how tired they must be etc. They're professional athletes paid good money to do the job. Glad we didn't sell Dembele, he came on and really steadied the ship with his amazing ability to hold the ball and pick nice passes.
    Jaguar 2003 S Type R
    6% Supercharger Pulley Upgrade, 200 cell cats, Custom X Pipe, 4" Sports Rear Boxes, Remapped, Caldoofy Intake
    374 rwhp, 427 ft/lbs. torque

Post Thanks / Like
    I've no idea what it is but Villa seem to have it as well as Leeds and the Baggies. Stoke don't have it and that's why I fear a long, fraught season for us.

Being a Stoke fan for over 50 years means I can cope with defeat. But the shambles against Leeds was hard to stomach!

Slightly better v Brentford I hear but, still not good enough.
    03 XJR X350, Silver with White Leather & 2017 Mondeo Vignale Est, Adaptive Cruise, Parking Assist, Lane Keeping, Blind Spot Monitoring, Collision Mitigation, Speed Sign Recognition, City Stop. Newly "refurbed" TD5 Series 2 Millennium Ltd Edition Derv. 1999 Larson 290 Cabrio, 2 x 4.3ltr V6 190hp Mercruisers. Triumph Trophy 1200cc

Post Thanks / Like
    Stoke City are the most expensive team in the championship, followed by West Brom and Villa. It’s a long old slog in the championship, 43/44 games to go. No doubt they’ll get up and running soon enough.
    Current Car:
    2017 XE R-Sport 25t 250Ps 18MY.

Previous Cars:
    2000 S-Type 3.0L SE Auto
    2004 X-Type 3.0L AWD SE Auto estate.
    2007 XK x150 4.2L Coupe

Resident Super Moderator.
    V6 X-Type Oil Sump Replacement Guide

Post Thanks / Like
    Stoke will surely adjust and be ok .
    Liverpool cantered to a 4-0 win over W.Ham it could have been so much more.
    Arsenal still looked like Arsenal but they cant blame Wenger now and City just look powerful and odds on favourite

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian D View Post
    Stoke City are the most expensive team in the championship, followed by West Brom and Villa. It’s a long old slog in the championship, 43/44 games to go. No doubt they’ll get up and running soon enough.
    I'm consoling myself with the fact that Wolves lost their opening three games last season.
    03 XJR X350, Silver with White Leather & 2017 Mondeo Vignale Est, Adaptive Cruise, Parking Assist, Lane Keeping, Blind Spot Monitoring, Collision Mitigation, Speed Sign Recognition, City Stop. Newly "refurbed" TD5 Series 2 Millennium Ltd Edition Derv. 1999 Larson 290 Cabrio, 2 x 4.3ltr V6 190hp Mercruisers. Triumph Trophy 1200cc

Post Thanks / Like
    Leeds have usually started well then faded mid season, I think with the new Manager they will be a main contender this season. Stoke are still 2nd Fav's with bet365 so they haven't written them off yet. We won just 1 of our first 8 last season and then pulled it back together to go close, "It's not over till the fat lady sings".

If we get a decent left back and give Elphick a regular run out as centre back instead of putting Jedinek in that position, I think we will have a great season, looking solid in midfield and getting sharper up front.

Got the Reading tickets today, hope it proves as enjoyable as the Wigan encounter.
    Last edited by Poundy; 12-08-18 at 20:44.

Page 148 of 149 FirstFirst ... 4898138144145146147148149 LastLast