Page 149 of 149 FirstFirst ... 4999139145146147148149
Results 1,481 to 1,488 of 1488

Thread: Football

Post Thanks / Like
    As per my #1469, it would indeed appear that this has now become the Championship thread!

But may I just add that I'm super happy with Palace's performance against Fulham which is a significant improvement on our first match last season against another newly promoted side, Huddersfield!

Frank de Boer v Roy Hodgson ... no contest!

Also we have a potentially good new home-grown right wing back talent in Aaron Wan-Bissaka, 20 years old and is likely to be a regular this year. We just need to keep hold of these promising youngsters rather than selling them on to Clubs whose super rich owners and highly paid so-called 'managers' seem to have little idea these days how to encourage youngsters and prefer to buy them without the hassle of basic coaching.

It says a lot about the problems in football with the likes of Mourinho and others who seem to be no longer bothered with the effort of nurturing and developing young talent and would rather spend Club money to buy a promising player once the lesser 'donor' Club has put in all the hard work.

Hey-ho, upwards and onwards!
    2005 (55) X-type 2.0d S saloon ~ Zircon/Champagne/Belize.

Post Thanks / Like
    Stick around Rowley after this season it will need to be a Prem only thread for us

I agree about the home grown talent we have heaps of potential coming through. The likes of Grealish on the books since he was 6yrs old started reaching his peak half way through last season. I think the owners are right to expect some of that talented service in return, instead of him going to the biggest purse holder.
    64 Plate RSport 3.0D All Black, Ceramic coated, self healing front car wrap, 19" alloys

Post Thanks / Like
    It appears Steve Bruce is holding back 5 of the under 23 squad from the Premier league 2 opener against Norwich City (won it last year). Looks like they may be playing for the first team tomorrow in the Carabao Cup against Yeovil. Exciting times Sky Sport main event
    64 Plate RSport 3.0D All Black, Ceramic coated, self healing front car wrap, 19" alloys

Post Thanks / Like
    Cannot see us winning our 6th league cup on last nights performance, utter rubbish until late subs Grealish & Kodjia were bought on to steady the ship and nick the winning goal.

Post Thanks / Like
    We played our 2nd team last night, did ok. A win and a clean sheet, hopefully a couple give some competition to the 1st team.
    Current Car:
    2017 XE R-Sport 25t 250Ps 18MY.

Previous Cars:
    2000 S-Type 3.0L SE Auto
    2004 X-Type 3.0L AWD SE Auto estate.
    2007 XK x150 4.2L Coupe

Resident Super Moderator.
    V6 X-Type Oil Sump Replacement Guide

Post Thanks / Like
    Apparently, the Baggies were in the draw for last night having finished bottom of the Prem. Those teams finishing higher up the league (Stoke & Swansea) join the draw for the next round tomorrow.
    03 XJR X350, Silver with White Leather & 2017 Mondeo Vignale Est, Adaptive Cruise, Parking Assist, Lane Keeping, Blind Spot Monitoring, Collision Mitigation, Speed Sign Recognition, City Stop. Newly "refurbed" TD5 Series 2 Millennium Ltd Edition Derv. 1999 Larson 290 Cabrio, 2 x 4.3ltr V6 190hp Mercruisers. Triumph Trophy 1200cc

7. Likes Villanova27 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rowley_1812 View Post
    Absolutely no chance of that happening at Selhurst Park.

I don't think Mr Parish is going to spend any money this window.

Looks like the Selhurst Park faithful are going to have to rely upon last minute loan deals which, in fairness, might fill some spaces and did work for us last season.

But I do wish all these rumours about Zaha leaving would go away, my finger nails are nearly down to the bone ... again!!

Seems to be a regular problem for us Palace supporters though ... no nails!! (As well as no centre forward of course!)

Who's a Happy Chappy now then, signed for five years

Post Thanks / Like
    Absolutely Poundy, Zaha signing a new contract shows short term loyalty but of course we realise that this does not prevent a future move, it simply assures the Club of a decent return if he does go.

That said, voices close to the Boardroom, as well as the player himself, have reiterated that there never was any serious interest from either Chelski or Tottingham which just goes to show how the media love to make up stories in order to grab headlines and sell their papers.

Upwards and onwards, bring on the reds, hopefully we'll put up a good fight!
    2005 (55) X-type 2.0d S saloon ~ Zircon/Champagne/Belize.

10. Likes Poundy liked this post
Page 149 of 149 FirstFirst ... 4999139145146147148149