Page 182 of 185 FirstFirst ... 82132172178179180181182183184185 LastLast
Results 1,811 to 1,820 of 1842

Thread: Football

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Villanova27 View Post
    It must be the time differences then; he's gone now! Hooray!

I honestly believed, when we appointed him, he was the right man for the job. I know you had your doubts about him Chris; sorry for not listening. I won't comment on the next incumbent until I have sought your council
    I have to say, I think he had to go.

The fans and even the Sentinel was on his back so there was little choice as far as the Board were concerned.

I find it odd though that we're prepared to pay a fortune to get rid of the wrong man rather than pay the right money to get the right man, if you know what I mean....?
    03 XJR X350, Silver with White Leather & 2017 Mondeo Vignale Est, Adaptive Cruise, Parking Assist, Lane Keeping, Blind Spot Monitoring, Collision Mitigation, Speed Sign Recognition, City Stop. Newly "refurbed" TD5 Series 2 Millennium Ltd Edition Derv. 1999 Larson 290 Cabrio, 2 x 4.3ltr V6 190hp Mercruisers. Triumph Trophy 1200cc

2. Likes Villanova27 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    The forum gossip that I have just read is that Nathan Jones has been offered the job and it is his to turn down. The Luton fans are already discussing replacements. There's no smoke without fire, but we don't know if we've even got smoke at the moment
    Let's hope that this time the board has considered this properly and that they get their chosen man when they want him.
    2006 XK Convertible, 4.2, Indigo with Ivory/Slate Blue, 20" Sentas, chrome grilles & gills, XK60-type body kit & exhaust tails.
    2017 420d Gran Coupe Sport which I am contractually obliged to drive during week days.

4. Likes StokieChris liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    On reflection and considering Stoke City FC's situation, it would perhaps be financial suicide to commit to a 'big name' with whom would inevitably parallel 'big financial commitment'.

I can only guess that is why a relative 'unknown' is being considered for if the Club becomes saddled with a high value managerial contract without promotion then they could easily be on a slippery slope ... as experienced recently by Sunderland.

2005 (55) X-type 2.0d S saloon ~ Zircon/Champagne/Belize.

6. Likes StokieChris liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Rowley_1812 View Post
    On reflection and considering Stoke City FC's situation, it would perhaps be financial suicide to commit to a 'big name' with whom would inevitably parallel 'big financial commitment'.

I can only guess that is why a relative 'unknown' is being considered for if the Club becomes saddled with a high value managerial contract without promotion then they could easily be on a slippery slope ... as experienced recently by Sunderland.

Yes and no. Stoke's chairman, Peter Coates, is a long term admirer of David Moyes. But he has turned us down on at least 2 other occasions, so it seems that we didn't bother with him this time. Nor did they bother with Fat Sam, and he had already distanced himself from us anyway. It appears that they did sound out Jokanovic, but he said no, but this might have been for non-football reasons.
    Moneywise, only FFP makes life difficult for us - finding some spending money is absolutely no problem to the Coates family. They will back whoever they appoint. And they will pay whatever it takes to bring them here.
    2006 XK Convertible, 4.2, Indigo with Ivory/Slate Blue, 20" Sentas, chrome grilles & gills, XK60-type body kit & exhaust tails.
    2017 420d Gran Coupe Sport which I am contractually obliged to drive during week days.

8. Likes StokieChris liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Massively important for Stoke to get the right manager now just look at Leeds . I don't think Big Sam has many fans but he knows this league and how to get promotion

Post Thanks / Like
    Nathan Jones it is, then!

My initial reaction was the same as on hearing Villa's appointment, that we too were showing a lack of ambition.

But, as a young ambitious manager, if he turns out half as good as Eddie Howe or Dyche at Burnley, I'll be extremely happy!!
    03 XJR X350, Silver with White Leather & 2017 Mondeo Vignale Est, Adaptive Cruise, Parking Assist, Lane Keeping, Blind Spot Monitoring, Collision Mitigation, Speed Sign Recognition, City Stop. Newly "refurbed" TD5 Series 2 Millennium Ltd Edition Derv. 1999 Larson 290 Cabrio, 2 x 4.3ltr V6 190hp Mercruisers. Triumph Trophy 1200cc

11. Likes Villanova27 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Good Luck to my home town team v Man City, tonight.

It's being shown live down here this afternoon.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by StokieChris View Post

My initial reaction was the same as on hearing Villa's appointment, that we too were showing a lack of ambition.

But, as a young ambitious manager, if he turns out half as good as Eddie Howe or Dyche at Burnley, I'll be extremely happy!!

Sadly you just missed out on Steve Bruce.
    64 Plate RSport 3.0D All Black, Ceramic coated, self healing front car wrap, 19" alloys

14. Likes StokieChris, Villanova27 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Poundy View Post
    Sadly you just missed out on Steve Bruce.
    Phew, a close shave indeed! ...
    2005 (55) X-type 2.0d S saloon ~ Zircon/Champagne/Belize.

16. Likes Villanova27, Ian D liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by StokieChris View Post

From what I've read about him, (his team scores goals for fun with a miserly defence), it looks like you will be extremely happy. He likes to get forward, his football is exciting and he is focused on his players and the fans - i.e. all the things that Gary Rowett didn't do for us . So I'm looking forward to the rest of the season.

18. Likes StokieChris liked this post
Page 182 of 185 FirstFirst ... 82132172178179180181182183184185 LastLast