Page 200 of 201 FirstFirst ... 100150190196197198199200201 LastLast
Results 1,991 to 2,000 of 2001

Thread: Football

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by StokieChris View Post
    ...as we know, any team can suffer a set back! It's how they react is the measure of them. I can see those Pedi's stacking up on the bar right now!!!
    Obviously, I didn't get to the pub soon enough
    2006 XK Convertible, 4.2, Indigo with Ivory/Slate Blue, 20" Sentas, chrome grilles & gills, XK60-type body kit & exhaust tails.
    2017 420d Gran Coupe Sport which I am contractually obliged to drive during week days.

2. Likes StokieChris liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Villanova27 View Post
    Obviously, I didn't get to the pub soon enough
    Obviously, I'm not well informed down here. And relying on the Stoke forums for accurate analysis of the way we've played is a complete waste of time.

Allen, Afobe, Etebo, Vokes , Adam, Bojan were all Premier League players only 12 months ago. So, what's going on??

And Nathan Jones keep referring back to having faith in his God and that everything will be ok bemuses me.

I think there's more chance his God will find an answer to Brexit than he has turning this side round.
    03 XJR X350, Silver with White Leather & 2017 Mondeo Vignale Est, Adaptive Cruise, Parking Assist, Lane Keeping, Blind Spot Monitoring, Collision Mitigation, Speed Sign Recognition, City Stop. Newly "refurbed" TD5 Series 2 Millennium Ltd Edition Derv. 1999 Larson 290 Cabrio, 2 x 4.3ltr V6 190hp Mercruisers. Triumph Trophy 1200cc

Post Thanks / Like
    Obviously, I'm not well informed down here. And relying on the Stoke forums for accurate analysis of the way we've played is a complete waste of time.

Allen, Afobe, Etebo, Vokes , Adam, Bojan were all Premier League players only 12 months ago. So, what's going on??

And Nathan Jones keep referring back to having faith in his God and that everything will be ok bemuses me.

I think there's more chance his God will find an answer to Brexit than he has turning this side round.

They put the half time scores up at villa park and I thought you would romp home after scoring 2 in the first 30mins
    64 Plate RSport 3.0D All Black, Ceramic coated, self healing front car wrap, 19" alloys

5. Thanks StokieChris thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Looks like Paul Lambert has performed his Midas touch on Ipswich

I bet some WBA fans are glad Alex Neil has signed a new 3 year contract at Preston NE. Why would you sack a manager who was a contender for Auto Pro Mo and replace him with one that has lost is last 4 and is down in 12th place??
    64 Plate RSport 3.0D All Black, Ceramic coated, self healing front car wrap, 19" alloys

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Poundy View Post
    Looks like Paul Lambert has performed his Midas touch on Ipswich
    Feel sad for Ipswich, they should never have let Mick McCarthy go ... but there must have been a very good reason why he didn't stay!
    2005 (55) X-type 2.0d S saloon ~ Zircon/Champagne/Belize.

Post Thanks / Like
    Today City showed us how much class they have in their squad, we couldn't even afford any of the players on their bench!

Palace tactics, courtesy of Roy, seem to be to let them pass the ball to each other as much as they like until they get well inside our half and then put in some tackles. If we're then lucky enough to get possession try and hit them on the break. It makes for a very boring spectator sport.

But then the gap between the 'big money' clubs and us 'lesser' teams is so large and indeed increasing. We simply haven't got, and can't afford to buy, the player quality to play any other way.

So I suppose I should be pleased that we're hanging on in the PL and am able occasionally to watch some quality football ... sadly, being played by the opposition!

It'll most likely be the same next season, although for just one season I'd quite like Palace to be clear of the relegation battle well before April!!
    2005 (55) X-type 2.0d S saloon ~ Zircon/Champagne/Belize.

9. Likes StokieChris, Villanova27 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

It is most bemusing, Chris. After some much-improved performances, we regressed massively on Saturday: we looked lacklustre right from the off, struggling to string a pass or two together throughout, no way of being able to put a half-decent ball in their box especially in the 2nd half and, not forgetting the old favourite, allowing the opposition to find it very easy to run through us.
    Jones looked visibly rattled in postmatch interviews and is clearly totally ticked off with the team not delivering what he expected. He's now about talking about clear-outs in the Summer. And fan- & forum-wise, everyone is blaming everyone, as you will have noticed.
    Whatever deep-seated issues grew under Sparky, putting paid to him in the process, festered under Lambert and did for Rowett have now bitten Nathan Jones hard. God knows where we go from here, so let's hope Nath has a dedicated hotline to the Big Man, so he can find out. I thought that Jones had started to find the answer, and I don't want to start panicking over a poor result, but the nature of our capitulation was too reminiscent of our recent dark times, with the team unable to stop the rot once it had set in.
    I think that it's fair to say that those deep-seated issues have to be removed from the club this summer, or we could be getting a new manager every 6 months for years to come.
    TP away on Friday - we never beat him, do we
    2006 XK Convertible, 4.2, Indigo with Ivory/Slate Blue, 20" Sentas, chrome grilles & gills, XK60-type body kit & exhaust tails.
    2017 420d Gran Coupe Sport which I am contractually obliged to drive during week days.

11. Likes StokieChris liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Rowley_1812 View Post
    It'll most likely be the same next season, although for just one season I'd quite like Palace to be clear of the relegation battle well before April!!
    Unfortunately, that is how the Premier League works for all but 6 of its teams...

13. Likes Ian D liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Waiting to hear if our match against Bolton on Friday will still be played. Apparently there are some issues including ground safety and concerns that they will not finish the rest of the season. In which case the teams that have played and beat them this season will have those points deducted. That could influence the positions of the playoff cañdidates and could be hard on us.

Post Thanks / Like
    fantastic result in Porto for Liverpool a really good professional performance. City V Spurs was mental and Spurs win outstanding

Page 200 of 201 FirstFirst ... 100150190196197198199200201 LastLast