Page 201 of 201 FirstFirst ... 101151191197198199200201
Results 2,001 to 2,008 of 2008

Thread: Football

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Poundy View Post
    Waiting to hear if our match against Bolton on Friday will still be played. Apparently there are some issues including ground safety and concerns that they will not finish the rest of the season. In which case the teams that have played and beat them this season will have those points deducted. That could influence the positions of the playoff cañdidates and could be hard on us.
    The game is now on after new owner Bassini confirmed the sale is done and all ground staff etc will be paid overdue wages owed. So no safety issues to stop it, the down side being will the Bolton players now be up for a serious relegation fighting attempt? A new dawn, a David and Goliath performance against the Rampant advancing Lion 😩😩 Naah! 😉

Post Thanks / Like
    ...with remaining games v Middlesborough, Norwich & Sheff Utd I hope we can end the season having really influenced the outcome for the top teams!
    03 XJR X350, Silver with White Leather & 2017 Mondeo Vignale Est, Adaptive Cruise, Parking Assist, Lane Keeping, Blind Spot Monitoring, Collision Mitigation, Speed Sign Recognition, City Stop. Newly "refurbed" TD5 Series 2 Millennium Ltd Edition Derv. 1999 Larson 290 Cabrio, 2 x 4.3ltr V6 190hp Mercruisers. Triumph Trophy 1200cc

3. Likes Villanova27 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    ...and anything we can do to ensure Millwall's relegation would be a bonus, too!
    03 XJR X350, Silver with White Leather & 2017 Mondeo Vignale Est, Adaptive Cruise, Parking Assist, Lane Keeping, Blind Spot Monitoring, Collision Mitigation, Speed Sign Recognition, City Stop. Newly "refurbed" TD5 Series 2 Millennium Ltd Edition Derv. 1999 Larson 290 Cabrio, 2 x 4.3ltr V6 190hp Mercruisers. Triumph Trophy 1200cc

Post Thanks / Like
    9 wins on the bounce for us best winning run for 109 years Leeds & Sheff Utd clawing over each other to keep out of the playoffs, and why wouldn't they? It's going to be a hard grind to come out on top in those 3 games. WBA safely in the mix now, we are looking likely but still have Milwall, Leeds and Norwich to play and I fancy Derby to make a late run.
    Whatever the outcome it has been a delight of a season to watch for us after a very rocky start. The plus with being in the Championship has been fighting to get near the top again after failing at the final Fulham game last season, and much prefered to the constant relegation battles of recent prem seasons. With sell out attendances of 42,000 and promise of another 20,000 being added if we go up, fingers crossed lol!

Sorry that our win puts Bolton down they have a had a torrid season with the owners there and some first team players having to pay the youngster train tickets to get them to training, I will reserve my opinion on Bassini taking over but hope for the sake of the club they do well next season.
    64 Plate RSport 3.0D All Black, Ceramic coated, self healing front car wrap, 19" alloys

6. Likes Villanova27, Ian D liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    It looks like we're planning on giving everyone 3 points - that's the influence we've decided to have to the promotion race
    2006 XK Convertible, 4.2, Indigo with Ivory/Slate Blue, 20" Sentas, chrome grilles & gills, XK60-type body kit & exhaust tails.
    2017 420d Gran Coupe Sport which I am contractually obliged to drive during week days.

Post Thanks / Like
    Theres always next season at least with all us being down here with the exception of Wolves we have the pleasure of the local derbies
    Last edited by Poundy; Yesterday at 18:29.
    64 Plate RSport 3.0D All Black, Ceramic coated, self healing front car wrap, 19" alloys

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Poundy View Post
    Sorry that our win puts Bolton down they have a had a torrid season with the owners there and some first team players having to pay the youngster train tickets to get them to training, I will reserve my opinion on Bassini taking over but hope for the sake of the club they do well next season.
    9 wins in a row is unbelievable Poundy - great form at just the right time, methinks.

I'm not sure about Bassini - I read that the football authorities gave him a 3-year ban on owning a club at the start of this decade. I hope it isn't "out of thethe frying pan..." for Bolton. Besides, it's always good to have them around, if only to remind them of the FA Cup semifinal in 2011, when we beat them 5-0
    2006 XK Convertible, 4.2, Indigo with Ivory/Slate Blue, 20" Sentas, chrome grilles & gills, XK60-type body kit & exhaust tails.
    2017 420d Gran Coupe Sport which I am contractually obliged to drive during week days.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Villanova27 View Post
    9 wins in a row is unbelievable Poundy - great form at just the right time, methinks.

I'm not sure about Bassini - I read that the football authorities gave him a 3-year ban on owning a club at the start of this decade. I hope it isn't "out of thethe frying pan..." for Bolton. Besides, it's always good to have them around, if only to remind them of the FA Cup semifinal in 2011, when we beat them 5-0

Ha! Ha! reminds me of 2015 in Tasmania when I was in an all Red Liverpool pub with some Liverpool supporters, FA cup semi final and we won 2-1 massive underdogs, I was the only one whooping it up for Villa and they were all crying in their beer lol! I actually got out in 1 piece

Page 201 of 201 FirstFirst ... 101151191197198199200201