Page 226 of 230 FirstFirst ... 126176216222223224225226227228229230 LastLast
Results 2,251 to 2,260 of 2294

Thread: Football

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by StokieChris View Post
    ....we've pushed the boat out and acquired some lower Division players.

Adam Davies, Nick Powell, Lee Gregory, Jordon Cousins and Liam Lindsay have all joined us, today.

Davies, Powell and Cousins were all out of contract whilst we've paid Barnsley £2/2.5m for Lindsay.

We're in for another very long season, I fear.....
    I've had a couple of months not watching, Chris, so I've automatically refilled on blind optimism Our signings say that we're abiding by FFP this summer; we've had to accept that we won't get any decent money for the dead wood and wasters that NJ wants to move on.
    2006 XK Convertible, 4.2, Indigo Blue with Ivory/Slate Blue, 20" Sentas, chrome grilles & gills, XK60-type body kit & exhaust tails.
    2017 420d Gran Coupe Sport which I delightedly give back when my gardening leave finishes.

2. Likes StokieChris liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Poundy View Post
    They might be well cashed up if the Butland deal goes through, seems hell of a price tag to me though. Perhaps that's why Neil Etheridge is looking a more likely target, dunno!
    Butland's price tag is not unreasonable. Pickford went for £35M, when he was England no 2 or 3 and he'd just been relegated to the 1st Div.
    2006 XK Convertible, 4.2, Indigo Blue with Ivory/Slate Blue, 20" Sentas, chrome grilles & gills, XK60-type body kit & exhaust tails.
    2017 420d Gran Coupe Sport which I delightedly give back when my gardening leave finishes.

Post Thanks / Like
    We have taken up a couple of options with El Ghazi and Huase, have bought in Jota, Taggert, Guilbert, Moreas and Mings. There is still another couple on the table plus a couple of goalkeepers being looked at. Most of the older players have been let go so it looks like our proven players of last season will be running along with some rated new players.

Hopefully they will all get it together quickly and get us into next seasons Champions league, It's been a while since our last European Cup & Super Cup wins and we seem to be stuck in 5th position on the ladder of most successful English clubs. Still Chelsea is only a couple in front so all to play for
    64 Plate RSport 3.0D All Black, Ceramic coated, self healing front car wrap, 19" alloys

Post Thanks / Like
    First match bets of the season Villa to beat Spurs away, both teams to score 25/1 and Villa to win with draw no bet 10/1
    64 Plate RSport 3.0D All Black, Ceramic coated, self healing front car wrap, 19" alloys

6. Likes Villanova27 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Poundy View Post
    We have taken up a couple of options with El Ghazi and Huase, have bought in Jota, Taggert, Guilbert, Moreas and Mings. There is still another couple on the table plus a couple of goalkeepers being looked at. Most of the older players have been let go so it looks like our proven players of last season will be running along with some rated new players.

Hopefully they will all get it together quickly and get us into next seasons Champions league, It's been a while since our last European Cup & Super Cup wins and we seem to be stuck in 5th position on the ladder of most successful English clubs. Still Chelsea is only a couple in front so all to play for
    Keep these type of posts coming Poundy, they give me a right laugh!

The Wolves squad are much better quality although it pains me to say that and they’ll be the team to beat for the best of the rest for a while I reckon. I think Villa should be happy with just staying up next season, look what happened to Fulham, spent £100m and got relegated. Villa have spent £86m and over a quarter of that on players they already had last season.
    Current Car:
    2017 XE R-Sport 25t 250Ps 18MY.

Previous Cars:
    2000 S-Type 3.0L SE Auto
    2004 X-Type 3.0L AWD SE Auto estate.
    2007 XK x150 4.2L Coupe

Resident Super Moderator.
    V6 X-Type Oil Sump Replacement Guide

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian D View Post
    Keep these type of posts coming Poundy, they give me a right laugh!

The Wolves squad are much better quality although it pains me to say that and they’ll be the team to beat for the best of the rest for a while I reckon. I think Villa should be happy with just staying up next season, look what happened to Fulham, spent £100m and got relegated. Villa have spent £86m and over a quarter of that on players they already had last season.

Wes Edens is one of the pioneers of the Moneyball approach to selecting value for money players as proven with NBA teams. To compare Fulhams approach to the prem with Villa's does us a disservice.

Keeping original performing players and building round the core product is how we build for the future, Wolves did it Fulham didn't, they more or less scrapped the team and started again producing a team worse than their championship side.

We will overcome Wolves in the Prem, beat them 4-1 the year they went up. I think a realistic target for us this year will be finishing higher than Wolves and in the top half of the prem, once again making us the pride of the Midlands.

Mind the Gap lol!

Post Thanks / Like
    And then there's us lot at Selhurst Park ...

No thanks to a staggeringly high wages/income ratio, inevitable FFP restrictions, an operational loss of £30m last year, seemingly disgruntled American investors and despite having removed many out-of-contract players to lighten the wage bill and sold Aaron Wan-Bissaka for £45m (+ add-ons) ... we are unlikely to see Steve Parrish and the Board spend much money on new players any time soon.

Interestingly a recent stat shows that we've spent less on players in the PL since 2014/15 than the likes of Wolves, Bournemouth, Watford, Newcastle, Wet Spam and even Villa it seems! We're 16th in that table.

Rumour has it that a new right back is being lined up and most likely a last minute loanee or two but until our new stand is built (there even seems to be a hold up on that now!
    ) we are in no position to spend so I don't expect too much activity and I certainly don't think that Zaha is going anywhere this window, most especially to Arsenal who appear to have not much more money to spend than we do.

All that said we have a great and prospering Academy so bring on the youngsters is the likely message to Roy.
    2005 (55) X-type 2.0d S saloon ~ Zircon/Champagne/Belize.

10. Thanks Villanova27 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Rowley_1812 View Post
    And then there's us lot at Selhurst Park ...

No thanks to a staggeringly high wages/income ratio, inevitable FFP restrictions, an operational loss of £30m last year, seemingly disgruntled American investors and despite having removed many out-of-contract players to lighten the wage bill and sold Aaron Wan-Bissaka for £45m (+ add-ons) ... we are unlikely to see Steve Parrish and the Board spend much money on new players any time soon.

Interestingly a recent stat shows that we've spent less on players in the PL since 2014/15 than the likes of Wolves, Bournemouth, Watford, Newcastle, Wet Spam and even Villa it seems! We're 16th in that table.

Rumour has it that a new right back is being lined up and most likely a last minute loanee or two but until our new stand is built (there even seems to be a hold up on that now!
    ) we are in no position to spend so I don't expect too much activity and I certainly don't think that Zaha is going anywhere this window, most especially to Arsenal who appear to have not much more money to spend than we do.

All that said we have a great and prospering Academy so bring on the youngsters is the likely message to Roy.

That's what's needed better Acadamy players being brought through, value for money and later transfer targets.

12. Likes Rowley_1812 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I've just come across another interesting stat ... well, more like a quiz question for you guys ...

Since 1977-78 (42 seasons) only ten Clubs have never been lower than the top two divisions ...

Have a go ... no googling now!?!
    2005 (55) X-type 2.0d S saloon ~ Zircon/Champagne/Belize.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Rowley_1812 View Post
    I've just come across another interesting stat ... well, more like a quiz question for you guys ...

Since 1977-78 (42 seasons) only ten Clubs have never been lower than the top two divisions ...

1 Aston Villa
    2 Arsenal
    3 Chelsea
    4 Spurs
    5 Man U
    6 Everton
    7 Westham
    8 Newcastle
    9 Man City
    10 Liverpool

Have a go ... no googling now!?!

I Think .......

15. Thanks Rowley_1812 thanked for this post
Page 226 of 230 FirstFirst ... 126176216222223224225226227228229230 LastLast