Page 252 of 252 FirstFirst ... 152202242248249250251252
Results 2,511 to 2,520 of 2520

Thread: Football

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Poundy View Post
    Tough game for us yesterday no Heaton in goal then Steer carried off after 3mins leaving Nyland in goal ugh! We didn't show up for the first half and Wolves took advantage of that, better in the 2nd half and pulled one back but too little too late.

Pity as a win would have put us 3 points off a top 5 place instead of 3 off relegation
    Or looking at it another way, 3 defeats in a row...
    Current Car:
    2017 XE R-Sport 25t 250Ps 18MY.

Previous Cars:
    2000 S-Type 3.0L SE Auto
    2004 X-Type 3.0L AWD SE Auto estate.
    2007 XK x150 4.2L Coupe

Resident Super Moderator.
    V6 X-Type Oil Sump Replacement Guide

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian D View Post
    Or looking at it another way, 3 defeats in a row...
    Lol! losing to probably the 2 top teams in europe and leading them both up until the last few minutes, is a far cry from scraping a draw at home to the likes of Millwall.

We thrashed last seasons easy Championship winners Norwich 5-1 in this league, so be aware of what promotion holds in store for you. Of course the Baggies will most likely bottle it again before season end like they did last year.
    MY15 X250, XF R-Sport 3.0D Black Pack, Ceramic coated, 19" alloys SOLD!

Post Thanks / Like
    Wow, bite and a half there Poundy, way too easy.

How many injuries did Norwich have when you played them and didn’t they beat Man City?
    Current Car:

Previous Cars:
    2000 S-Type 3.0L SE Auto
    2007 XK x150 4.2L Coupe

Post Thanks / Like
    Stat time!

No team in the top four tiers of English football has picked up more points away from home than WBA in 2019.

We're level with Manchester City and Bristol City for points gained on the road this calendar year (36).
    Current Car:

Previous Cars:
    2000 S-Type 3.0L SE Auto
    2007 XK x150 4.2L Coupe

Post Thanks / Like
    Sometimes (but rarely) one feels a little sympathy for the opposition.
    This evening, we watched Spain v Malta, and as you might guess, being resident here for a long time, we do follow Spain.
    Our team won SEVEN Nil, which did somewhat reflect the number of top class players each side had.
    At about goal four, the Malta selector/manager got over excited, leapt to his feet and abruptly came to a vertical halt - head meeting roof of dugout.
    He collapsed, was helped back to his seat and then attended to frantically by the medical team who were there to repair the players.
    A visible cut across his bald bonce was being dabbed with something; at the same time ice was being applied to his neck which must have been jarred by the impact.
    Even at full time he was still dazed, so the Spanish manager went and bent down to console him not just on the lost game.
    Poor sod didn't seem to know what planet he was on.
    At least the cameras did not loiter to see him carried off to the dressing room.
    Dangerous game footie, eh?
    The world is my lobster!
    Workhorse: "Ounce" - White Jag X-Type Estate 2.2D 2009 Executive auto.
    Fun: "La Gata Negra" - All black (Haria) Pug RCZ 2.0 HDI 2014 Swiss spec fully loaded.
    Runabout: "Purple People Eater" - Purple Pug 108 1.2 PureTech 2016 Top fully loaded.
    Sack shifter: "Animal" - Dirty Linhai 300 4x4 ATV 2007.

6. Likes Villanova27, Rowley_1812 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Word is filtering out from the office of our Sporting Director that among the players in the sights of Palace scouts to be squabbled over in the January window are Christian Kouame (21-Juventus), Alfredo (exciting forward but disciplinary nightmare) Morelos (23-Rangers) and ... wait for it ... Nathan Ferguson (19-Baggies).

Whilst the first two are apparently in the £20-£25m bracket young Nathan has yet to sign a new contract and if he continues not to put pen to paper then he may need to be sold for a bargain basement price. What do you reckon he's worth Ian?
    2005 (55) X-type 2.0d S saloon ~ Zircon/Champagne/Belize.

Post Thanks / Like
    My mistake, the lad Kouame is currently with Genoa not Juve ... and Football Italia are now reporting that he's suffered an anterior cruciate ligament tear ... so that deal ain't gonna happen for €25m + bonuses.

Oh well ... back to the drawing board Dougie boy!

Post Thanks / Like
    Wow!! We all knew that Pochettino was under pressure and the team not performing but I certainly didn't see his sacking coming ...

Presumably the Board has done it's homework, unlikely to have taken such a decision without.

Please NO Mourinho ... NO NO NO ... to me that would be a serious backward step

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Rowley_1812 View Post
    Wow!! We all knew that Pochettino was under pressure and the team not performing but I certainly didn't see his sacking coming ...

Presumably the Board has done it's homework, unlikely to have taken such a decision without.

Please NO Mourinho ... NO NO NO ... to me that would be a serious backward step
    A nice berth for an out of work Mourinho in some people’s opinion (his) or....maybe they’ll poach John Terry.
    And then again maybe not.
    This Jag is a 56 plate X-type 2.0d Sport manual with parking sensors, 18” Aruba wheels, midnight pearl metallic paint, warm charcoal leather seats, grey interior, piano black dash and a Bury CC9060 ​Music Bluetooth unit.
    My other Jag is a ZX-7R

Post Thanks / Like
    Already done and dusted, Jose Mourinho manager of Spurs. They must have been arranging everything before they even sacked him.
    Current Car:

Previous Cars:
    2000 S-Type 3.0L SE Auto
    2007 XK x150 4.2L Coupe

Page 252 of 252 FirstFirst ... 152202242248249250251252