Page 298 of 302 FirstFirst ... 198248288294295296297298299300301302 LastLast
Results 2,971 to 2,980 of 3012

Thread: Football

Post Thanks / Like
    Not an overly exciting prospect or expectation at Selhurst Park tonight, with both teams safe and settled mid-table on 42pts and both with a strong likelihood of having to field some youngsters given that they each have at least 6 potential first teamers either injured or lacking match fitness. I think even a 1-1 might be considered greedy!

PS ... at least there won't be any complaints from Burnley supporters about the rubbish facilities in the away stand!
    2005 (55) X-type 2.0d S saloon ~ Zircon/Champagne/Belize.

2. Likes StokieChris liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Rowley_1812 View Post
    Not an overly exciting prospect or expectation at Selhurst Park tonight, with both teams safe and settled mid-table on 42pts and both with a strong likelihood of having to field some youngsters given that they each have at least 6 potential first teamers either injured or lacking match fitness. I think even a 1-1 might be considered greedy!

PS ... at least there won't be any complaints from Burnley supporters about the rubbish facilities in the away stand!

Looked strong late on and probably deserved a point, Ayew put a decent shift in.
    MY15 X250, XF R-Sport 3.0D Black Pack, Ceramic coated, 19" alloys SOLD!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Poundy View Post
    Looked strong late on and probably deserved a point, Ayew put a decent shift in.
    Appreciate your positivity Poundy. Ayew lucky not to be red-carded frankly, he has form in retaliation, not the best temperament although some might say highly competitive ... which of course is not to be criticised! And although I've slated Benteke in the past we do miss a target man up front whether or not he scores goals.

Given that we're safe but clearly not ready to be contenders for European football I would have liked to have seen Roy sub on some youngsters such as Pierrick, Reidewald and Woods to not only give them senior practice but also take the load off more senior players with such a busy fixture list ahead.

All said and done I hate losing but in fairness I don't believe that we deserved to win that one.
    2005 (55) X-type 2.0d S saloon ~ Zircon/Champagne/Belize.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Rowley_1812 View Post
    Appreciate your positivity Poundy. Ayew lucky not to be red-carded frankly, he has form in retaliation, not the best temperament although some might say highly competitive ... which of course is not to be criticised! And although I've slated Benteke in the past we do miss a target man up front whether or not he scores goals.

Given that we're safe but clearly not ready to be contenders for European football I would have liked to have seen Roy sub on some youngsters such as Pierrick, Reidewald and Woods to not only give them senior practice but also take the load off more senior players with such a busy fixture list ahead.

All said and done I hate losing but in fairness I don't believe that we deserved to win that one.

Don't think it was ever a red, perhaps the ref and var saw it as a bit of frustration, think if he hadn't lifted his arm the foul may have gone the other way. I think it was the attitude problem that got him transferred out of Villa. Trouble is the opposition prey on it, he always got an A for effort though, would like to see a bit more of that from some of our current squad.

Still if you have nowt to play for perhaps we will catch you napping in our next match

Post Thanks / Like
    ...it's CRUCIAL we don't lose at Wigan, tonight!
    03 XJR X350, Silver with White Leather & 2017 Mondeo Vignale Est, Adaptive Cruise, Parking Assist, Lane Keeping, Blind Spot Monitoring, Collision Mitigation, Speed Sign Recognition, City Stop. Newly "refurbed" TD5 Series 2 Millennium Ltd Edition Derv. 1999 Larson 290 Cabrio, 2 x 4.3ltr V6 190hp Mercruisers. Triumph Trophy 1200cc. BMW KT1300 GT SE.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by StokieChris View Post
    ...it's CRUCIAL we don't lose at Wigan, tonight!

Think yourself lucky, our next game is against Klopp at the Kop

Post Thanks / Like
    Think yourself lucky, our next game is against Klopp at the Kop
    Lucky you - they have nothing left to play for - you'll probably get the under 12's squad.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by mac_doctor View Post
    Lucky you - they have nothing left to play for - you'll probably get the under 12's squad.

In all fairness the last meeting was a close game @ 1-2, considering how young our players are at 20-25

We got their under 23's in the League Cup quarter final and thrashed them 5-0 so hopefully they will put that team out again.

Cannot buy a win at present though, and Smith leaves a lot to be desired lol!
    Last edited by Poundy; 30-06-20 at 18:15.

Post Thanks / Like
    In all fairness the last meeting was a close game @ 1-2, considering how young our players are at 20-25

We got their under 23's in the League Cup quarter final and thrashed them 5-0 so hopefully they will put that team out again.

Cannot buy a win at present though, and Smith leaves a lot to be desired lol!
    He’s just not a capable Premier League manager. Ok he helped to get Villa promoted, but they should have parted ways there and then tbh or at the latest by Christmas, Watford had a change and have been decent since. Just appears to have left it too late to do anything of note now.

No doubt the plan will be to sell Grealish on if relegated and keep the rest of the squad, adding in some youth? The times that I’ve watched Villa this season I think Grealish, Mings and up till he got injured Heaton were by far the best players in the team, the rest just seemed average. I have a good friend who is a Villa fan and he’s already written them off for survival already.

Does that seem a fair assessment Poundy?
    Current Car:
    2016 XF 3.0d S, 17MY - 35k miles, Ultimate Black and loads of extras.

Previous Cars:
    2000 S-Type 3.0L SE Auto
    2004 X-Type 3.0L AWD SE Auto estate.
    2007 XK x150 4.2L Coupe
    2017 XE R-Sport 25t 250Ps 18MY

Resident Super Moderator.
    My 2016 x260 XF 3.0d S ownership thread

Post Thanks / Like
    ...abysmal !!
    03 XJR X350, Silver with White Leather & 2017 Mondeo Vignale Est, Adaptive Cruise, Parking Assist, Lane Keeping, Blind Spot Monitoring, Collision Mitigation, Speed Sign Recognition, City Stop. Newly "refurbed" TD5 Series 2 Millennium Ltd Edition Derv. 1999 Larson 290 Cabrio, 2 x 4.3ltr V6 190hp Mercruisers. Triumph Trophy 1200cc. BMW KT1300 GT SE.

Page 298 of 302 FirstFirst ... 198248288294295296297298299300301302 LastLast