Page 343 of 345 FirstFirst ... 243293333339340341342343344345 LastLast
Results 3,421 to 3,430 of 3449

Thread: Football

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by StokieChris View Post
    Unfortunately, he took our relegation from the Prem to heart.

He thought he was better and bigger than our club and subsequently went off the boil.

If you can get his head right, you'll have England's No. 1.

Good Luck to him and Palace.........

Just glad we dodged that £25m transfer bullet last year and went for Heaton instead, it was touch and go for a while. Palace did a nice deal for what they paid, hopefully find his form again soon.
    MY15 X250, XF R-Sport 3.0D Black Pack, Ceramic coated, 19" alloys SOLD!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Poundy View Post
    Unfortunately 7 goals can be the difference between staying up or going down.

Watkins looking good value the more he plays, 3 past Liverpool all varied, tap in, top corner strike and a header showed his potential.

Grant could do ok though and coming from a bang average side should soon settle at the Hawthorns with 6 years to sort it all out.
    Its 6 years as Huddersfield agreed a deal that would guarantee them income even after the parachute payments have ended. This means that each season we will pay them £2.5m, quite a shrewd deal that. No doubt with coronavirus killing off various income streams, other clubs will be going for payment plans like this.

We have to be a bit more creative than other clubs to purchase players as we have one of the smallest transfer kitty’s in the premier league.

I think 19 goals is a great return in that Huddersfield team last season. Hopefully he gets off the mark quite quickly, we even got rid of Zohore to Millwall yesterday and Kanu is out for a long period with a broken arm.
    Current Car:
    2016 XF 3.0d S, 17MY - 35k miles, Ultimate Black and loads of extras.

Previous Cars:
    2000 S-Type 3.0L SE Auto
    2004 X-Type 3.0L AWD SE Auto estate.
    2007 XK x150 4.2L Coupe
    2017 XE R-Sport 25t 250Ps 18MY

Resident Super Moderator.
    My 2016 x260 XF 3.0d S ownership thread

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian D View Post
    Its 6 years as Huddersfield agreed a deal that would guarantee them income even after the parachute payments have ended. This means that each season we will pay them £2.5m, quite a shrewd deal that. No doubt with coronavirus killing off various income streams, other clubs will be going for payment plans like this.

We have to be a bit more creative than other clubs to purchase players as we have one of the smallest transfer kitty’s in the premier league.

I think 19 goals is a great return in that Huddersfield team last season. Hopefully he gets off the mark quite quickly, we even got rid of Zohore to Millwall yesterday and Kanu is out for a long period with a broken arm.
    What happened to the £140m promotion payment, that should have helped with the transfer kitty. Not sure I like the idea of players on the never, never, could still be paying for them when they need replacing but have no value.

What will happen with Austin now, with no transfer? is he out of favour? Not a player you want hanging around on £70k a week if Slav's not keen on him. We have had our share of those

Post Thanks / Like
    Just glad we dodged that £25m transfer bullet last year and went for Heaton instead, it was touch and go for a while. Palace did a nice deal for what they paid, hopefully find his form again soon.
    This is the insanity of football finances.

Butland was valued at £25m last season and £500k this.
    03 XJR X350, Silver with White Leather & 2017 Mondeo Vignale Est, Adaptive Cruise, Parking Assist, Lane Keeping, Blind Spot Monitoring, Collision Mitigation, Speed Sign Recognition, City Stop. Newly "refurbed" TD5 Series 2 Millennium Ltd Edition Derv. 1999 Larson 290 Cabrio, 2 x 4.3ltr V6 190hp Mercruisers. Triumph Trophy 1200cc. BMW KT1300 GT SE.

5. Likes Rowley_1812 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Nice to put one over an ex-manager.

We were much improved in the second half and, I believe, worthy winners.

Barnsley up next, on Wednesday.
    03 XJR X350, Silver with White Leather & 2017 Mondeo Vignale Est, Adaptive Cruise, Parking Assist, Lane Keeping, Blind Spot Monitoring, Collision Mitigation, Speed Sign Recognition, City Stop. Newly "refurbed" TD5 Series 2 Millennium Ltd Edition Derv. 1999 Larson 290 Cabrio, 2 x 4.3ltr V6 190hp Mercruisers. Triumph Trophy 1200cc. BMW KT1300 GT SE.

Post Thanks / Like
    What happened to the £140m promotion payment, that should have helped with the transfer kitty. Not sure I like the idea of players on the never, never, could still be paying for them when they need replacing but have no value.

What will happen with Austin now, with no transfer? is he out of favour? Not a player you want hanging around on £70k a week if Slav's not keen on him. We have had our share of those
    You do know that £140m isn’t given to you in one lump at the start of the season? It’s a mixture of TV payments, league position (you get £96m for finishing last!) and higher charge for gate receipts (which are non existent at the moment).

The only money you get is championship league position and a bonus for promotion, there’s no massive bounty. The £140m is what promotion is worth for going up not an actual payment when promoted.
    Current Car:
    2016 XF 3.0d S, 17MY - 35k miles, Ultimate Black and loads of extras.

Previous Cars:
    2000 S-Type 3.0L SE Auto
    2004 X-Type 3.0L AWD SE Auto estate.
    2007 XK x150 4.2L Coupe
    2017 XE R-Sport 25t 250Ps 18MY

Resident Super Moderator.
    My 2016 x260 XF 3.0d S ownership thread

Post Thanks / Like
    This is the insanity of football finances.

Butland was valued at £25m last season and £500k this.
    I read somewhere that we picked him up for £1m ... but I'm not going to argue over the odd £500k ... pah!

But hey, you never know, he might feel a bit more included in a 'smaller club' and his value will skyrocket again.

Had it not been for Hennessey getting injured in the international v Bulgaria I don't think we were even in for a GK.

Tough for the Welshman as it looks as if he might be out until January and probably then moved on if JB can make himself a reliable No.2, especially seeing as he's been given a 3 year contra
    ct.
    Lexus IS250 SE-L V6 (06) ... sadly it had to happen (I blame ULEZ)!
    2005 (55) X-type 2.0d S saloon ~ Zircon/Champagne/Belize ... FOR SALE

9. Likes StokieChris liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Nice to put one over an ex-manager.

We were much improved in the second half and, I believe, worthy winners.

Barnsley up next, on Wednesday.
    ....thinking about it, that's only the second time Nathan Jones has seen Stoke win!!

Once when he was in charge and then again today......

11. Likes Poundy liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian D View Post
    You do know that £140m isn’t given to you in one lump at the start of the season? It’s a mixture of TV payments, league position (you get £96m for finishing last!) and higher charge for gate receipts (which are non existent at the moment).

The only money you get is championship league position and a bonus for promotion, there’s no massive bounty. The £140m is what promotion is worth for going up not an actual payment when promoted.
    Yes, but it's still collateral that clubs can use to forward their development. Many teams are selling the delayed transfer payments at a discount so that they have much needed funds available Surprised Huddersfield are in a position to give a £15m loan over 6 years unless there are some hefty fees involved.

Post Thanks / Like
    Sucks this £15 box office on top of the sports package, our next 2 are on box office and I'm sure there will be many more after that.

I know there are a few freebie sites out there but feel obligated to pay when it's Villa

Page 343 of 345 FirstFirst ... 243293333339340341342343344345 LastLast