Page 1 of 196 123451151101 ... LastLast

Thread: Football

Post Thanks / Like

Football

Are there any supporters of football on here? I support WBA, have done all my life, I have my grandad's FA Cup 1968 Wembley ticket (which we won) in pride of place with the programme too and watch them on TV every chance I can, I have a weekly ritual of watching the lunch time football, flicking it over to sky sports news hq hd to watch all the scores coming in and then onto evening kick off and then wait for Super Sunday.

I'm really delighted at our league position this year and that the really are coming together now, 8th is a massive achievement for us, I'm hoping for over 50 points would break our points haul record in the Prem.

Are you happy about your teams Jan signings? Think they should have signed another player? Think Leicester will go down? Who will get relegated from the Prem? Who will be top 4/6? Or whatever league your team is in, do you think they'll promote, stay up or get relegated?

Let us know here.
    Current Car:
    2017 XE R-Sport 25t 250Ps 18MY.

Previous Cars:
    2000 S-Type 3.0L SE Auto
    2004 X-Type 3.0L AWD SE Auto estate.
    2007 XK x150 4.2L Coupe

Resident Super Moderator.
    V6 X-Type Oil Sump Replacement Guide

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    I think the secret to your success at the Hawthorns has been Tony Pullis Ian and its hard to believe that the
    Baggies are now The Midlands premier team given whats happened at Villa Park and the fall of Leicester this
    season. I have had the same two teams since the sixties, Manchester United and Celtic, I think United will come
    good again, I think Klopp and Guardiola will struggle to win the Title and I believe Ranieri will keep Leicester up,
    the Title I think is Chelseas to lose and I expect Sunderland to be staring relegation again by the end of the season.

3. Likes Ian D liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm glad that our new owners have stuck by Tony Pulis, he really has proven that he can take a team forward. Interestingly TP has never finished in the top half of the Prem before.

My predictions for Top 6 are Chelsea, Spurs, Arsenal, Man City, Man Utd, Liverpool.

Relegation I'm going to be controversial and say Leicester, Hull and Boro.

I think that Man Utd will take quite some time now before they will compete for the top spot as Chelsea are just too good this season. Seems to be that the London teams are outperforming everyone else at the moment (except Palace).
    Current Car:

Previous Cars:
    2000 S-Type 3.0L SE Auto
    2007 XK x150 4.2L Coupe

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Pullis leaving Palace was certainly a strange one, in fact I believe there was legal action which he lost
    and emerged from less than credible, that said however the Financial Stakes with relegation are such
    that someone with the pedigree of Pulliis walks straight into another job anyway.
    Arsenal let me down so often in the run in that I just ignore them, I think they lack the bottle in midfield
    are shaky at the back and lack a proven goalscorer so it doesn't matter how attractive the football is, they
    will achieve little in my opinion. Spurs I think are the unknown in the race for the title.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Just looking at the Tables, only 3 points between second and fifth position in the Premiership,
    I bet Pullis was glad to get the West Ham game out the way with a Draw. Awkward side the Hammers

Post Thanks / Like
    Very pleased that we managed a 2-2 draw, 8th consolidated and 5 points above 9th. 4 points behind 7th.

Last 6 games against West Ham away we have drawn 5 so it was on the cards. Glad that Evans is back though as he is our best defender.

Spurs are having a nightmare of a game at the moment, just shows that Liverpool are a one man team again with Mane making all the difference.
    Current Car:

Previous Cars:
    2000 S-Type 3.0L SE Auto
    2007 XK x150 4.2L Coupe

Post Thanks / Like
    Just got back from a Vanerama league match , Forest Green Rovers 2 - Boreham Wood 0. FGR is owned by my youngest stepdaugters boss ..so occasionally she gets Freebie directors box tickets with booze fridge & Vegan buffet . She is a single mom , so I go tokeep her company , but at this level its quite good fun .
    I'm an Ex , X type owner X2 .. Petrol man & auto..

Now I'm a Yeti & Fabia owner Petrol man & auto..

9. Likes Ian D liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm a Spurs fan, so obviously disappointed to lose to Liverpool 2-0.I would've liked to have seen a quality striker come to us in the transfer window, Kane is superb but if he gets injured we are in trouble. All in all i think Pochettino has done a fantastic job with us, but we still have some work to do to be the very best. Top 4 we definitely can make, but to stand a real chance of the title we need to stop drawing so many matches.My 3 for relegation...Sunderland, Hull, Palace.
    Jaguar 2003 S Type R
    6% Supercharger Pulley Upgrade, 200 cell cats, Custom X Pipe, 4" Sports Rear Boxes, Remapped, Caldoofy Intake
    374 rwhp, 427 ft/lbs. torque

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    I think your probably right about the candidates for relegation which will leave Middlesborough as the only
    Premiership Team from the North East.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by reddiesel View Post
    I think your probably right about the candidates for relegation which will leave Middlesborough as the only
    Premiership Team from the North East.
    Not so Red, since Newcastle look like they will be promoted!
    2006 XK Indigo Blue with Caramel seats and Sable carpets

Page 1 of 196 123451151101 ... LastLast