Jaguar Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sold my 99 XKR in MAY because I did little more than 400 miles a year in it. However I have had so many Jags life doesn't seem quite normal without one so I bought this XK8 which I will make an effort to drive more often
View attachment 25192

·
7,785 Posts
Our Jags have to be driven and driven hard on occasion. If you do not do this you get damp into the system and engine. I make sure I drive mine out of sheer habit at least once a week. Pub in summer my local posh waitrose for a free coffee and newspaper in the winter. Keeps the engine, wheels and gearbox in tip top condition.

Hope you have a classic insurance with an agreed value on your car too. As others have found to their cost on the forum you never get what you think your car is really worth if you have an accident. If they value your car at £4k and you have a minor bump they may just write off your car despite the fact it would probably cost a lot more to replace like for like.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have been out a few times but it needs a few things doing. It has a sports exhaust which sounds fantastic but frightens the neighbours and the rear side windows need the tinting removed.

·
Registered
1,840 Posts
That looks very nice.
Just a heads up though. I've read some horror stories recently about trying to remove tints. I suggest you have a Google before trying.

·
Registered
68 Posts
A heat gun on a medium heat and just peeling them got the tints off on mine. Any residual glue comes off with kerosene and a rag. I was concerned about pulling the rear window heater elements off with the tint film but there was no problem with them.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.