Jaguar Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone!
Hoping to get some input/advice on some issues with my 05 XJ8.

Has 118k miles. Minor repairs of the years. Recently, had an overheating issue and then the connector for the upper radiator hose broke off the radiator while driving and drenched the motor.

Had the radiator replaced along with the upper radiator hose and once the car started running again it runs rough. Mechanic scanned it and said cylinder 4 misfire. Claims its mechanical and needs new head gaskets and possibly a valve job.

When I drive it, it clearly misfires at idle, almost dies, and once it gets past 10 mph, it runs like it normally did. It has reduced performance pops up on the dash sometimes. So to me, I don't think its mechanical.

Took it myself and pulled the codes from a handheld OBII reader and pulled these codes: PO300, P0304, P0305, P1316, P1000, MIL ON, Monitors, 5 INC, Comp, Evap, Cats, 02 Sensor, EGR, 3 Ready, Misfire, Fuel, 02 HTR.

None of these codes were on before the radiator blew. No check engine light, no idling issues.

Any thoughts on what might be the main source of the issue?

Thanks for taking the time to read this!

·
Premium Member
23,827 Posts
Welcome to the forum.
As the coolant has covered the engine the first thing I would do is disconnect all electrical connectors and make sure they are clean. Then get yourself a code reader and clear all the existing codes and see what, if any, come back.

·
Premium Member
11,060 Posts
Hi and welcome from me too, As Jim says ensure all connectors are clean and dry then delete the codes and see what happens.

Roger

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.