Jaguar Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
697 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
10 year service (the big one) plus gearbox service and daylight running lights also being fitted tomorrow. Hope the courtesy car is an F Type. Will give an update when it's all done.

·
Premium Member
17,894 Posts
Hopefully sails through no issues Reggie, you'll be a few £££ short once that's all done.

Good luck and hope to hear

Jim

·
Registered
697 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
I took your advise reddiesel, it's booked in with E & E Services at MK and hopefully worth the 40 mile trip.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Would like to know what they do for the 10 year service as another 18 months mine will be due....do I need to start saving now?
Interested in seeing the daytime running lights....are you having the new style lights with them built in fitted?

·
Banned
7,619 Posts
Nice blokes up there Reggie who know their stuff , make sure you have a good walk around the car when collecting ,
one of the young lads in there assembled my front bumper wrongly where it meets the under tray , not the greatest
of issues granted and they were very apologetic and rectified the mistake , it always pays to have a quick walk around

·
Registered
621 Posts
10 year service (the big one) plus gearbox service and daylight running lights also being fitted tomorrow. Will give an update when it's all done.
Reggie,
Is this the 100,000 (actual mileage) service or 10 years (real vehicle age) service? The two may mean the same this, but gets that little bit confusing.

·
Registered
697 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yes it's the 100k or 10 year service, mine has covered 83k. Will show all what the new DLR's and fog lights (all in one unit) look like when fitted.

·
Registered
697 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
These are Osram lights and look good when fitted. You may change your mind when I post up a picture when installed on the car.

·
Registered
1,456 Posts
My car is 11 and has a decent SH, and is on 71K miles, but I've never come across a special 10 year service before. What's different about it and what is likely to break please?

·
Registered
467 Posts
10 years or 100K miles whichever is the sooner its a JLR spec thing, all the bits on a B service plus serpentine belts and tensioner (tensioner is £120 odd quid from Jaguar) and plugs. Lots of debate as to whether plugs are needed, but got mine done as after 10 years my indie said perceived wisdom was it's a good idea to back them out in case of differential metal corrosion and if you go to all the trouble of getting a socket on them you might as well change them. It did transform performance and I'm only on 46k miles. All in all I paid £935 but did also go for a coolant change, brake fluid change (I do this annually) and a couple of other bits like a fuel filter as well.

·
Registered
1,456 Posts
That's interesting, thanks. I bought my car from a well known Jaguar indywhen it was 11 yrs 2 months old. They serviced it before I collected it and there's quite a list of items but no mention of belts or tensioner. The 'used car sales prep sheet' has a tick opposite 'Condition of Drivebelt' but that's all. The SH book has stamps but no other paperwor. kThe car is still in warranty. Should/can I ask them to change the belts or tensioner or shall I just assume it was done but not recorded?

·
Administrator
10,093 Posts
The drive belt is 150k miles iirc, I had mine changed when it started chirping in the winter weather. Spark plugs I did myself and are very easy to get to, much better than the Duratec V6 that requires the inlet manifold to come off!

·
Registered
467 Posts
That's interesting, thanks. I bought my car from a well known Jaguar indywhen it was 11 yrs 2 months old. They serviced it before I collected it and there's quite a list of items but no mention of belts or tensioner. The 'used car sales prep sheet' has a tick opposite 'Condition of Drivebelt' but that's all. The SH book has stamps but no other paperwor. kThe car is still in warranty. Should/can I ask them to change the belts or tensioner or shall I just assume it was done but not recorded?
Tough one, I'd assume it was done the year before, shows why keeping receipts is important!

·
Registered
18 Posts
I'm about to have a 10 year service though the car has only done 30k miles, apart from a coolant change, I cant see anything above a normal B service though I am having the pads changed, track rod ends and rear stabiliser bars as the rubbers have perished. Should I have the belts and plugs changed? I thought the belts were 100k & 150k miles.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Just had a 10 year service on my XKR, beside oil filter and a 120 check (including all bushes, wheels off brakes etc). They also checked the plugs and stated they did not require changing, as well as drive belts. He also showed me the current pollen filter and again because it was mint, he again stated he would save me circa £50 and not change it (extremely honest Jaguar Indy). So in summary ask to have these parts checked and take it from there

·
Registered
495 Posts
My 2006 XK has covered 36000 miles from new with full service history including brake fluid and an oil and filter change every 12 months irrespective of mileage covered. Should I consider any other service items for peace of mind based on time rather than mileage? Summer use only car so underside has no sign of corrosion due to waxoil protection.

·
Registered
4,345 Posts
I'd contact the garage that serviced it at the ten year mark and ask if they still have a record of what was done at the time. Can't hurt to ask.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.