Jaguar Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
7 year/105k service is due soonish which includes SC belt and plugs.

Its a costly one, the question is..is the belt and plugs really necessary considering the car has 39k miles on it?

I'm on a bit of a cost saving exercise after the Deer collision incident.

·
Registered
3,386 Posts
Plugs are easy to miss. Worst case you’ll get a misfire - not the end of the world. . But the belts. Always a gamble. Personally I’d not risk it.

I took a risk not changing the front brake disks. Figured the worst that would happen is I’d get a vibration. Under heavy braking, I’ve now got a vibration. You saves your money ...

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
So the service is based on 7 years or 105k whichever is first:
There's a big difference between 39k miles and 105k miles on plugs. i wouldn't imagine the fact the time factor makes anywhere near as much impact on the performance of the plugs to the mileage.
As for the belt its a dedicated supercharger belt and powers nothing else i think, I'm not sure what happens if the belt snaps and the charger stops spinning in terms of negative effect on other components if any.

·
Registered
125 Posts
On the S-Type R I had before my XF the Plugs and SC-Belt were 100,000 miles or 10 years interval - I doubt the newer components have a shorter lifespan- my guess is the 7 years/105k is all down to the higher mileage interval between services that the XF has (the S Type R was every 10k/12 months)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.