Jaguar Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

Im looking for the above and have found a few to go have a look at however i can't find any info on things to look for etc, any ideas on which sections i should be looking in?

Tried the search but its not coming up with anything?

Thanks

·
Registered
6 Posts
Had one of these cars some years ago. BRILLIANt machine

Watch for front subframe rust and bushes going front and rear

Front spoiler is a pest on modern roads keeps getting damaged.

Apart from that pretty bullet proof[

David

QUOTE=thomasb;442794]Hi,

Im looking for the above and have found a few to go have a look at however i can't find any info on things to look for etc, any ideas on which sections i should be looking in?

Tried the search but its not coming up with anything?

Thanks[/QUOTE]

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi there
If your looking for a geniune TWR one. be advised that there are 2 types
The first one had the bumper attached to the body on steel brackets,.
The later one had 2 thick very strong bars.
The second type is pretty rare and as such is likely to have thieves pay a visit to steel the bumper. I did have that happen to me and found it was the very devil getting one from a breaker as they said they had loads bought for this purpose. They didn't have them come up very often.
I am also pretty sure that early ones were not a proper XJR. it was only a body styling job. later ones had TWR do a bit of tweeking on the outlet manifold which increased BHP by around 30/40
I thought that they were mostly L or M reg though. as not many went to TWR. M reg is rare as hens teeth but I doubt it's worth much more.
Watch out for rust in the bulkhead though. It can be a devil to get out and requires complete removal of the dash and exterior. ie engine if it;s gone far enough., look at the engine mountings and rear arches. the wheel well in the boot. and underneath frames. The 4ltr engine is generaly bullet proof.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.