1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wednesday, June 13

Hi everybody,

Can someone help me ?

I need to replace a bulb on the right front fog light of my 1995 XJ6 but I cannot see how to remove the light assembly to reach the bulb

Help ! ! !

Thanks

Claude

Durham NC USA

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Hi there,

Do not let this frighten you IT IS EASY (muche easier that some people could tell you. Some people talk about a "special" jaguar tool. CRAZY STUFF NOT NEEDED

Turne the front wheels toward the outer side to work on =one side (to the right for right side and to left for left side).

if you have the car jack or a floor jack lift the side you will be working on. secure this of course.

remove the wide black plastic panel under rge front (if still there.

then you will see the back of the fog light(s)

Have a good flash light, it will make your like easier.

have also a flat screw driver, medium size;

On each side of the light assembly there are 2 black wide 'about 3/4 in retainers; The outer one it on the backl of the housing, the inside one if further up front.

Just push in those two "lips" one at a time and push your light asselbly toward the exterior.

Then disconnect the connecting cable and remove the large round rubber cover to reach the bulb.

Just go to a local auto parts stockist to find your bulbs (at jaguar they are over $30.00) at a stockist the exact same one are less than $5.00 (or on ebay as well).

Once the bulb replaced and wires reconnected just push in the light assembly back in its place. you will hear the two lips click in.

Some people do not put back the large black plastic under cover.

i put mine back.

Total time for this entire work? about 30 minutes

Cheers

Claude
Durham NC USA

1995 XJ6 VDP
1991 Audi 100

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.