Jaguar Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all. Bought a used '97 XK-8 about 6 years ago. Never really enjoyed driving before, but always looking forward to driving now.☺ About three years ago I had an issue with the top not wanting to go up or down. I got help from a forum back then, but I cannot remember if this was it. Somebody instructed me on how to do a "hard reset," but i only remember it was quite a few things I had to do, but not what they were. I don't know why I remember, but i think the gentleman who helped had the username "GGG." I also remember that the hard reset worked.☺ My car recently was sitting for several months, and the battery went dead. After getting a jump start, my top is now not working again. When pressing the button, the rear windows go down, and the passenger window goes down half-way. After that nothing happens.
Does anybody have the procedure for the "hard reset?" Or any other suggestions?
Thanks in advance.
Tom R.

· Registered
1,328 Posts

Hi Danetom,

Please try holding the window power button down and let the window fully drop then hold button until you should hear two clicks, then press back up to the top and hold until another two clicks and the window (at least) should reset.

At least try it.

Tootle Pip.

Supertrev.

· Premium Member
11,060 Posts
Hi Tom, welcome to the forum.

Roger

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.