Jaguar Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Yes, just had mine off on a 2.5 petrol and after removing the battery & box easy job, 2 13mm bolts but it also as 2 dowels that can be seized

·
Registered
142 Posts
It can but is very fiddly as not much space, I think the diesel and petrol are different . There is also if I remember correctly a vacuum unit to remove and a wiring bracket on the starter motor bolts. You also need to think about why the starter motor has failed. One common reason is a worn clutch/Dual mass flywheel allowing dust etc into the motor.

·
Registered
3,034 Posts

·
Registered
362 Posts
It is a horrid job as I found out you have to work from top and bottom. The only way the starter will come out is from underneath and even then it's a pig. Replacing is no fun either but as said above you need to know why it need changing? mine was the DMF on it's way out. Good luck.

·
Registered
362 Posts
It is a horrid job as I found out you have to work from top and bottom. The only way the starter will come out is from underneath and even then it's a pig. Replacing is no fun either but as said above you need to know why it need changing? mine was the DMF on it's way out. Good luck.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.